Trai Turner available | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trai Turner available

I'd do whatever it takes practically to bring in oline help now. This has been an emergency for too long. I'd sign 2 or 3 FA oline players. Turner, Glasgow and perhaps one more prior to the draft. That would take a lot of pressure off the draft. We still need to draft at least 2 lineman but that's better than 4.

2 not 1 - and it ain’t happening

So tell me 2 not 1 this factual or something you made up or heard, god knows where ?
You have as much clue as to whats happening as far as the negotiation needed now as my dog.

My opinion is if a reasonable transaction can be established, IMO I'd give it the utmost consideration and quite possibly do it. And Thuney still is my #1 goal.....

Ya lets save or pass over potentially good opportunities so that we can have a great off season to save our assets in order to go into next off season with a boat load of assets to ignore and neglect again.
Its like some are playing for a Off season Bowl. .

Gosh, I wouldn't want to screw up losing our great assets on possibly fixing critical areas of OUR team. Strengthening the team this year and what ? freaking out next year because we used a boatload of assets (with what 12-13-14 Draft picks, 5-6 in the first 2 rounds) getting quality players who we've desperately needed for friggin 2 decades, because we need more assets for next years off season bowl.

Sorry just so friggin tired of this view especially after years of seeing where it always gets us...especially when the assets are abundantly there to use, (and I'm not implying use them till we are bone dry)

Last edited:
we seem to like to do things the Patriots way, and the Patriots never overpay for interior OL. I can see the Dolphins going for Graham Glasgow, as he is legit and wont cost as much.

Me personally, I would take Turner. Our OL has been a mess for ages, we have the money to spend, and at 26 it would solve one position for at least 7-8 years. We also have Evan Boehm and Deiter (I like Boehm), so we wouldn't have to draft an OG high at all.

We would need to first start identifying economical, effective interior linemen. We haven't found many over the last decade besides richie icognito

What the do about the interior OL in this FA period should tell us how much of the Patriot Way Flores brought with him.

I do not want to make someone the highest paid OG in NFL history, i want 2 upgrades at starter in the interior.

Then draft at least 1 OT in the 1st 2 rounds to really overhaul what has been a weakness for too long.

So tell me 2 not 1 this factual or something you made up or heard, god knows where ?
You have as much clue as to whats happening as far as the negotiation needed now as my dog.

My opinion is if a reasonable transaction can be established, IMO I'd give it the utmost consideration and quite possibly do it. And Thuney still is my #1 goal.....

Ya lets save or pass over potentially good opportunities so that we can have a great off season to save our assets in order to go into next off season with a boat load of assets to ignore and neglect again.
Its like some are playing for a Off season Bowl. .

Gosh, I wouldn't want to screw up losing our great assets on possibly fixing critical areas of OUR team. Strengthening the team this year and what ? freaking out next year because we used a boatload of assets (with what 12-13-14 Draft picks, 5-6 in the first 2 rounds) getting quality players who we've desperately needed for friggin 2 decades, because we need more assets for next years off season bowl.

Sorry just so friggin tired of this view especially after years of seeing where it always gets us...especially when the assets are abundantly there to use, (and I'm not implying use them till we are bone dry)

Yes you are implying we bleed bone dry - a guard a freakin guard???
Because when he wants to be the highest paid guard in history is that OK too just hand over the bank account???

This is not how franchises succeed long term -

Yes you are implying we bleed bone dry - a guard a freakin guard???
Because when he wants to be the highest paid guard in history is that OK too just hand over the bank account???

This is not how franchises succeed long term -

Well if he helps prevent our QB from being useless and smothered in 2.5 seconds of an avalanche of DL men or can create a hole for our RB to run through and maybe pick up a yard here and there or allow the handoff to get to the RB before the DL does, Might, just might, be seen as having value. And you know what, thats the job of the Guards..so if a guard aquired can do that when needed on a consistent basis , Ya I don't have a problem paying him a large sum to do that. And if he's special an even larger sum...

You see, maybe unlike you, 5-11 just doesn't cut it and I understand the value, contributions and critical need of two ( hey not 1) good guards and understand that the good ones deserve what they get... With a "freaking guard" telling me you obviously are new at this game...

Youever hear of Roy Foster, Bob Kuechenberg, Ed Newman, Keith Sims, and one of the Dolphin all time greats Larry Little..... In which without some of these guys we probably wouldn't have any Superbowl trophies in Davie..

Last edited:
so I'm curious what everyone thinks about Evan Boehm? He looked good when he played at OG and OC. Not sure why Calhoun was playing over him, maybe to see what Calhoun could do. Boehm is only 27 I think, could he be in our long term plans? Deiter is the one I doubt is long term.

Well if he helps prevent our QB from being useless and smothered in 2.5 seconds of an avalanche of DL men or can create a hole for our RB to run through and maybe pick up a yard here and there or allow the handoff to get to the RB before the DL does, Might, just might, be seen as having value. And you know what, thats the job of the Guards..so if a guard aquired can do that when needed on a consistent basis , Ya I don't have a problem paying him a large sum to do that. And if he's special an even larger sum...

You see, maybe unlike you, 5-11 just doesn't cut it and I understand the value, contributions and critical need of two ( hey not 1) good guards and understand that the good ones deserve what they get... With a "freaking guard" telling me you obviously are new at this game...

Youever hear of Roy Foster, Bob Kuechenberg, Ed Newman, Keith Sims, and one of the Dolphin all time greats Larry Little..... In which without some of these guys we probably wouldn't have any Superbowl trophies in Davie..

Yah I am very very new at this game lol

And of course we paid Roy Foster, Bob Kuechenberg, Ed Newman, Keith Sims, Larry Little, the top salary in the league at their position? Of course, you already know that Turner will take a hair cut ... to wear Aqua?? He will want to get paid? We are not in any shape to be paying a guard top money. He will want to get paid for the 5 Pro Bowl appearances with another team - you understand that right?

So now you send two 3rds (2 second day picks) and one or both of those could be your own guard(s) to develop who you control... So easily FH forget that these contracts equal controllable salaries

So yah I could stomach taking Turner but not two second day picks ~ those controllable salaries mean something in a salary cap world

This is real ~ You don't spend needlessly in a salary cap world see look below at this report a good not great tackle wants 20m a year for likely a long term that is AVERAGE QB money in todays NFL

This has nothing to do with their intentions at #6. If you love a QB prospect then that remains your #1 objective in the draft.

" slightly above average ? ".... Interesting he also has 5 consecutive pro bowls.... average ????
Hey I am no Guru but if a team is trading a young GREAT player with 2 years left on his contract. They will find ways to keep those players.
My guess would be Miami was #1 on the Phone call list from Carolina for 3 reasons.1-we have plenty of cap space.2-We have plenty of picks to use.3-we are definitely in need of Oline players.

That mean the Chargers will definately let guard Michael Schofield walk in free agency and will likely look to trade either Dan Feeney or Forestt Lamp. Feeney and Lamp are still young but have yet to reach their potential due to verious reasons including nagging injuries.

Back
Top Bottom