Training Camp Day 6 | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day 6

Ryan Smith‏ @PFF_RyanSmith

Happy to hear that #Dolphins G Deion Calhoun had some run today with the starters Calhoun was the 108th ranked player on our PFF draft board, just 3 spots behind 3rd-round pick Michael Deiter Not a great run blocker but strong in pass protection in his time at Miss St

Ryan Smith‏ @PFF_RyanSmith 2h2 hours ago

Dieter at LG and Calhoun at RG is what #Dolphins fans should be hoping works out
2705.png

Ryan Smith‏ @PFF_RyanSmith

Happy to hear that #Dolphins G Deion Calhoun had some run today with the starters Calhoun was the 108th ranked player on our PFF draft board, just 3 spots behind 3rd-round pick Michael Deiter Not a great run blocker but strong in pass protection in his time at Miss St

Ryan Smith‏ @PFF_RyanSmith 2h2 hours ago

Dieter at LG and Calhoun at RG is what #Dolphins fans should be hoping works out
2705.png
At this point and after years of bad O-line play I'm just hoping the O-line doesn't get our QB killed

You and me both

We may need to keep Rudock on the roster, QB's may be dropping like fly's - evaluate Rosen's play may be a joke in the making if the offensive line doesn't see drastic improvement.

You and me both

We may need to keep Rudock on the roster, QB's may be dropping like fly's - evaluate Rosen's play may be a joke in the making if the offensive line doesn't see drastic improvement.
That's a good point. Hard for a QB to make trows when they're on their back after getting hit

Quickie Camp Notes, Day 6
by Alfredo Arteaga
3yardspercarry https://www.fivereasonssports.com/news/quickie-camp-notes-day-6/

DAY 6

– Rainy, miserably morning. Could we have our first indoor practice of the new regime?
– We will be outside today. No bubble time today.
– Run of the mill stuff from Coach Flores today.
– Want to impress me? Do it in the kicking game.- Coach Flores
– Coach Flores confirms he is not a “bubble guy”. Team has to get acclimated to this weather. Camp is supposed to be hard.- Coach Flores
– Kiko Alonso to be back in a day or 2- Coach Flores
– Kiko Alonso, Kalen Ballage, Clive Walford OUT for practice today. Nothing serious on Ballage.
– Tankersley, Hull remain on PUP list.
– Dwayne Allen returns.
– We have a crew of officials today, for the first time in Training Camp
– Michael Dieter at LG, Shaq Calhoun at RG on 1st team OL.
– Far field work today.
– Appears early on that Josh Rosen is working 2nd team.
– Team stretch.
– QB warmup ongoing. Sharp. No complaints today.
– Jake Rudock doesn’t have a terrible arm, but it’s not good either.
– The WR group is probably the most athletically gifted unit on the team. Their warmups tend to always be sharp, impressive. There are a lot of pros in that group.
– Shaq Calhoun in OK drills. Displays short choppy steps hitting his mark on a reach drill. Good stuff.
– QB warmup going off without a hitch.
– Yep. Rudock back to scout team work. Rosen to the 2nd team.
– Michael Dieter obliterates Godchaux on a play action look. Well executed.
– Nate Orchard looks best in pass rush drills. He has been bad this camp against the run.
– TJ McDonald being called for Defensive holding on 1v1. Expected. Man to Man in space to him is foreign. The worst of his skill sets.
– 7v7 now.
– Josh Rosen having a sharp segment to practice here. Good to see. Fitzpatrick however….been better. Both are sharp, so that’s good to see.
– I don’t usually talk like this, but this Defense with better personnel, namely on the edge, and in secondary, is going to be a problem. Tricky, smart, versatile. Multiple looks, movement. Baiting coverages….very happy with this.
– Eric Rowe….near pick six on Fitzy. Intended for Stills.
– Xavien Howard, picks off Fitzy. Intended for Preston William’s. Under cut the deep in cut.
– Rudock deep out to Grant. Hartage in coverage.
– There was a Rep deficiency for Josh Rosen in that last 11v11 segment.
– Special Teams Work. Jakeem Grant leaves practice with a leg issue.
– Some 7v7 here.
– Durham Smythe quietly having a good camp.
– Josh Rosen still not trusting what he sees. Too many check downs for a Camp practice in July.
– Michael Dieter T.N.T. wall……false start. Can we do that in games too?
– Josh Rosen sails an out route to his comfortable side (right).
– Josh Rosen with a sharp out route completion to Preston Williams.
– Andrew Van Ginkel sure does blast off that edge. Him and Orchard, most noticeable of the edge guys. Harris is being asked to do many other things.
– Fitzpatrick seems to be experimenting with things. Picks ensue once again.
– Fitzpatrick executing a 2 minute drill. Coach Flores steps in to call Timeout after gaining 12 yards. FG try with no football. Seemed to be an alignment, time drill.
– Josh Rosen, does the same. Completes a bubble screen. That’s a wrap. That’s practice.
– After practice, we in the media met with NFL officials so they can explain the new rule changes. More on that on another date.

Practice MVP: DeVante Parker, Durham Smythe, Vincent Taylor
Struggled: Chris Reed, Charles Harris

Don’t love that O’Leary looks to be the best tight end in camp. Pretty limited route concepts and athlete.

Kinda overachiever type
I think Dwayne Allwn will be the starter.. we might see a lot of Allen/Smythe or Allen/ O'Leary. . I don't know what to think of Gesiki right now..

I like how Googs has come in and changed things up. He's the perfect coach to lead an Offensive Line. He's shown the ability to take chances on young kids, mold and shape them into viable players.

Competition is over

For the punter at least

Kevin Nogle
5m
And we have a completed position battle in Davie. The Dolphins announced they have waived punter Stone Wilson. Matt Haack continues as the team's punter.

UDFA Rookie Guard getting work with the first team......

That is either a great sign our college scouting is doing well or something else

UDFA Rookie Guard getting work with the first team......

That is either a great sign our college scouting is doing well or something else

well unless you see a guy go against better competition, it's hard to know how good he is....but I hear what you're saying given the Fins recent Guard situation.

Back
Top Bottom