Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

Eguavoen is a run-and-hit style linebacker from the CFL that made a splash in coverage both in the CFL and in mini camps and figures at the least to be a strong special teams type.

Dolphins placing emphasis on linebackers that will play with speed and acceleration so that they can beat uncovered centers. They're using Even fronts where the DTs are covering up the guards leaving the center uncovered. They also do a lot of stunts/blitz combinations.

It's going to be a process figuring out who can play at that speed.

Have we found another CFL gem in Eguavoen? Although given our current LB situation, I’d be over the moon if he could just play the the middle competently and bring some thump to the position.

Just curious, Why exactly do you like that? Seems counterproductive for our team’s future.

The teams future is still up in the air whether or not we draft a top qb or not.

Fitzpatrick playing well makes this particular season worth my time. Theres more to life then wanting your football team to lose..

Do you mean because his playing well would mean we don't get a swipe at a premium QB prospect in the draft?

Or do you mean that Fitzpatrick's playing well is stifling to Josh Rosen?

I think Ryan Fitzpatrick can win a superbowl on the right team.

There is no doubt in my mind he could have won with the Eagles if it was him instead of Nick Foles that year.

Preston Williams 6'4, Reece Horn 6'3, Devante Parker 6'3, Brice Butler 6'3, Saeed Blacknell 6'2, Trenton Irwin 6'2, Isaiah Ford 6'2 /6'1, Allen Hurns 6'2/6'1 and Stills playing the slot at 6'1. I think it's clear this coaching staff likes tall receivers. Remember last year when there were times that Stills was the tallest receiver on the field with Amendola, Wilson and Grant.

Last edited:
Eguavoen is a run-and-hit style linebacker from the CFL that made a splash in coverage both in the CFL and in mini camps and figures at the least to be a strong special teams type.

Dolphins placing emphasis on linebackers that will play with speed and acceleration so that they can beat uncovered centers. They're using Even fronts where the DTs are covering up the guards leaving the center uncovered. They also do a lot of stunts/blitz combinations.

It's going to be a process figuring out who can play at that speed.

Doesn't sound good for Raekwon.

Doesn't sound good for Raekwon.

Not in the early going, certainly.

But this isn't a position they're going to figure out right away.

It sounds like they're figuring out the QB position a lot earlier than they're going to figure out this LB position, IMO.

Not in the early going, certainly.

But this isn't a position they're going to figure out right away.

It sounds like they're figuring out the QB position a lot earlier than they're going to figure out this LB position, IMO.

Glad that our second round pick is gonna be collecting dust with a clipboard in his hands.........

Back
Top Bottom