Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

The teams future is still up in the air whether or not we draft a top qb or not.

Fitzpatrick playing well makes this particular season worth my time. Theres more to life then wanting your football team to lose..

I definitely don’t want us to lose. I just don’t agree with letting Fitz keep us in qb purgatory. He has never been to the post season and has a career sub 500 record. We already know he can get us 5 to 8 wins so is that worth our time? Ideally Rosen shows he can win but he can’t prove that one way of the other while Fitz is stealing reps.

The teams future is still up in the air whether or not we draft a top qb or not.

Fitzpatrick playing well makes this particular season worth my time. Theres more to life then wanting your football team to lose..

I hear you. The bottom line is the Dolphins will be TRYING TO WIN regardless what anyone here thinks. At least at first, maybe later on is used to evaluate guys but at the end of the day still trying to win football games. I promise everyone, despite very popular belief on here, our rooting interests won't make a difference to what happens. Just root for the team as you normally would and let it play out. The chips are going to fall as they will no matter what. Is a high pick really a sure fire way to be great? Look at the last so called tankers in Indy. If they will an SB in say 2022 10 years and 2 rebuilds after drafting Luck are we really going to have people saying, "see tanking for luck really was a great move". Are people going to use that as the main reason even though they have now built possibly the best offensive line in football and you could argue QB play let them down in KC?

If the right guys are in charge and they no what they are doing in building a football team and coaching it the top picks won't matter as much. Let it play out. I can't imagine waking up on Sunday mornings and looking forward to rooting for the Dolphins to lose their game.

Love it! Dude plays with aggression + speed.

I know it's CFL -- but seeing him make a LOT of plays Raequon could only dream of...

Really??? He reminded me a lot of Macmillan. Seemed slow and has some technique issues especially with tackling.

Fitz can win games in the NFL.

Drafting a QB at the top of the draft OR drafting the best QB in the draft does not guarantee anything.

The Colts picked Luck, who was by far the best QB in that draft,
the Bucs picked Jameis,
the Titans drafted Mariota...

How have those 3 teams fared since then?

Rich Gannon ended up playing in a Super Bowl and managed to get significantly better as a QB after having been a journey-man QB for YEARS.

Rosen is under contract, he is a good bargain even just as a back-up QB.

It's all about the competition. Competition makes players IMPROVE.

If Brady was started right away and if RT had sat on the bench for a few years...

WHO knows what would have happened.

Having to EARN the starting job made Brady a better player.

Last edited:

I could agree with the first but the second to me is bass ackward, putting the cart before the horse.

Ryan Fitzpatrick being good doesn't make Josh Rosen any worse. The situation you don't want is an undeserving Josh Rosen getting a commitment and taking up your opportunity costs.

And there are benefits to Fitzpatrick showing out. You get a more valid look at your receiving talent. The entire offense blooms and you get a chance to see who is doing it right AND able to be productive.

You don't need a top 5 pick to get a good QB necessarily. There's also guys like Herbert and Love who probably fall outside the top 5. It would be good to see if Rosen is any good first though, I'm sure at some point Fitzpatrick will crap the bed as he does every year and Rosen will get to start

I could agree with the first but the second to me is bass ackward, putting the cart before the horse.

Ryan Fitzpatrick being good doesn't make Josh Rosen any worse. The situation you don't want is an undeserving Josh Rosen getting a commitment and taking up your opportunity costs.

And there are benefits to Fitzpatrick showing out. You get a more valid look at your receiving talent. The entire offense blooms and you get a chance to see who is doing it right AND able to be productive.

I guess Im in the minority then as I view every Fitzpatrick win as a loss for our future. Evaluating receivers is far less of a priority than fixing the qb position. Getting a pick in the teens and still not knowing what we have is the definition of failure for the 2019 season.

You don't NEED one, that's true.

But getting a franchise QB, you're dependent on supply. You figure only one of those guys come out every year, maybe two, maybe none.

For as banner a year as 2012 was supposed to be, the 'correct' choices were only Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson. The former went #1 overall and the latter virtually nobody saw coming (no matter how much they try and pretend they did, after the fact).

And 2011 was one of those years where a bunch of unique QBs came out, but again the only 'correct' answer was Cam Newton, who went #1.

Honestly that's probably going to end up true about 2019 as well, with the only 'correct' answer being Kyler Murray, unless there's a lottery ticket hidden somewhere.

I remember last year 2018 was supposed to be another glut year, similar to 2012. Yet what if the only 'correct' answer turns out to be Baker Mayfield, who went #1 overall?

And back in 2016, when there were arguably two correct answers although many will still express discomfort with either Jared Goff or Carson Wentz, you had to be picking #1 overall or #2 overall to get them.

From where I'm standing it looks like the NFL may actually be getting better at figuring out which guy belongs at the top...and the rest of the NFL are left picking and praying.

If anything I’m excited to see what this defense will and can do with Flores here. Not expecting much out of this offense, but I won’t be surprised if they play decently at least for the first few games.

Glad that our second round pick is gonna be collecting dust with a clipboard in his hands.........

Umm don’t hate the messenger but might be more than one 2nd round pick collecting dust

I feel like they will find a role for Raekwon a lot more than I do they will be able to play gesicki and not pay the piper for it.

All that said it’s day 2. They may be just getting into early field install in terms of packages.

Love it! Dude plays with aggression + speed.

I know it's CFL -- but seeing him make a LOT of plays Raequon could only dream of...

Boy does cfl play speed look slow. I can’t tell if he’s slow also or if the guys around him in space look like they carry anchors.

Looks a little stiff. In terms of the cod and fluidity

Back
Top Bottom