Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

I hated the Rosen trade then and I hate it now. The hope was he'd come in and light it up and give me hope moving forward. But it sounds like he's been nothing but pedestrian so far. Tua, come on down. Jordan Love, come on down. Jake Fromm, come on down. Looks like QB shopping all over again.

The Tua comment is surprising. If your disagreement is with the city then I can understand certainly that. However, if it's with the organization and this coaching staff then that's surprising. Certainly with previous regimes like Gase and co it would have been a disaster for the kid. But this Flores group seems like they're stand up and truly believe in maximizing on player fundamental, teaching the intricacies of the game and lastly helping these young players to become leaders for their organization and community.

There aren't too many "somewhere else" that are structure to emphasize those things.

While I think Slimm is optimistic about the new coaches, I don't think he respects Chris Grier or Steve Ross. Hence he doesn't want one of his favorites to end up in Miami.

Last edited:
Boy does cfl play speed look slow. I can’t tell if he’s slow also or if the guys around him in space look like they carry anchors.

Looks a little stiff. In terms of the cod and fluidity
I get your point, but he doesn't really look that slow to me. Lots of short sprints to the ballcarrier.

I get it, but what I don't think you're getting is there are only 6 more of these practices until the scrimmage, and then 2 more until the preseason game. And there have already been that many days of OTA and Mini Camp practices.

People don't realize, to the coaching staff, we are probably about 50% of the way through the off season program, even if we're only through with about 15% of the camp practices before they get into a regular season practice schedule (which happens the week leading up to the dress rehearsal 3rd preseason game).

The future is now and the clock is ticking. If you're Josh Rosen you can't afford to be of the mindset that it's alright if you start out slow because you've got plenty of time. He doesn't.

Ok so that's 8 more practices in a week. You're not making very strong points.

There is no QB battle. In the NFL the guy making the most money starts - and that's Ryan Fitzpatrick. What the Dolphins have in 2019 is a cheap backup in Rosen.
I think this is true almost all the time. Different situation here. We need to know what the kid can do.

I just don't get being completely fine with the thinking of "Rosen will get his shot after Fitzpatrick plays his way out of the lineup". This is what people have said multiple times and I dont get it at all. We need a QB that "gets his shot" because he played well and won the job. Not because another QB shits his pants in multiple games. I am not completely fine with shipping off a second rounder for a guy that gonna hold a clip board behind the great fitzpatrick.

The Tua comment is surprising. If your disagreement is with the city then I can understand certainly that. However, if it's with the organization and this coaching staff then that's surprising. Certainly with previous regimes like Gase and co it would have been a disaster for the kid. But this Flores group seems like they're stand up and truly believe in maximizing on player fundamental, teaching the intricacies of the game and lastly helping these young players to become leaders for their organization and community.

There aren't too many "somewhere else" that are structure to emphasize those things.

Yeah I think CK touched on it. Look, I'm a firm believer that this collection of coaches is the best Miami has had in probably a decade, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm convinced they can succeed in Miami's organization. I've seen successful people and coaches that I know can coach, not be successful in Miami's organization.

The Dolphins organization has issues that go far beyond just a coaching staff. I'd like to see these guys do well in Miami and win a lot of games eventually. But I need to see a lot more than just the name on the door of the head coach's office has changed.

Last edited:
I mean lost in all of this talk is that Rosen hasnt looked bad, Fitz has just been better right now.

That is not an opinion that has been uniformly expressed to me by the folks I've been asking who have been at these practices (OTAs and Mini Camps included). Just sayin. It makes for good media narrative.

Back
Top Bottom