Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

This place keeps talking about assets the lower we pick the more a move for a qb is gonna cost them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure you will be in position for an average athlete and average arm like Fromm if you are good with that.

I’m not.

And how many teams in similar situations (with a QB battle) have waited until late in the preseason to actually name a starter? Of course they're keeping tabs on both, but until you put Rosen into real action it's a moot point.

If Rosen builds momentum with solid performances in the preseason, while it doesn't technically count towards "real" results, it'll go a lot further than practice reps.

I don't think Rosen is the guy, but implying the battle has already been won by Fitzpatrick is very premature.

By the time the two players amass what will probably amount to one game's worth of snaps in the preseason, against second and third string defenses, they will have gone through an entire spring of OTAs and Mini Camps, class room sessions, a baker's dozen training camp practices, and a team scrimmage.

Teams often don't make their decision about the starter until later in the preseason when the two are actually exchanging blows, one guy looking better one day, the other guy another day. I don't think there's been a single OTA, Mini Camp, or Training Camp practice where a single onlooker would say that Rosen looked better today.

Until it's official, of course any prediction is technically going to be premature. But it doesn't mean it's not right. You even said you expect the same thing, which tells me you're just being argumentative and pedantic. Essentially, "I agree with you but let me find a way to insist you're still wrong just because"

That is not an opinion that has been uniformly expressed to me by the folks I've been asking who have been at these practices (OTAs and Mini Camps included). Just sayin. It makes for good media narrative.

Oh it's been made clear that it's not even close who is better but from what I heard Rosen hasnt been bad

Ryan Fitzpatrick is who he is. I don't think he's suddenly jumped up and become some entirely different creature finally in his 15th year.

And if Josh Rosen can't beat that, with his fresher legs and his springier arm, then why do we think he's the guy? At the very MOST, he's not a guy that prevents you heading into the 2020 draft with a singular focus on getting the best QB you can get your hands on. And from there, if Josh Rosen surprises you, and/or if the guy you took turns out to be a dud, that's the way it goes.

What happens if Fitzpatrick becomes the second coming of Rich Gannon, he has an excellent year and this system fits him? Having Josh Rosen as a back-up for a couple of years while Fitz does his magic for the entire year. Keep him for 3 or 4 years and let him do his magic, sign Rosen to an extension because he can run this offense just as good, but Fitz is doing great. I believe it is all about the system fitting the players. I won't be disappointed if Fitz wins the starting job and does a great job. I will be disappointed if Fitz wins the starting job and sucks a$$. And please Football Gods, do not pick Tua with the first pick of the draft. There are better QB prospects them him coming out next year.

This place keeps talking about assets the lower we pick the more a move for a qb is gonna cost them.

Yeah I’m pretty sure you will be in position for an average athlete and average arm like Fromm if you are good with that.

I’m not.
Whomever you have in mind isn't guaranteed to be better either.

I've always thought Fitz was going to start 3-6 games in the beginning of the year until he has his patented slide back to reality, where Rosen should be comfortable within the system and with his surrounding cast. People forget that Rosen is brand new to this system, only playing in his second year. What you don't want to do is shoot the guys confidence and just throw him to the wolves to justify the trade somehow as a win. The trade is not a win if Rosen starts day 1 and doesn't have a firm grasp of the offense, and you just want him out there just because.

Whomever you have in mind isn't guaranteed to be better either.

Than Fitzpatrick? Chance I will take

I betcha if you try to move from 3 to 1 (which will only be on the table if whoever has that pick doesn’t need or want a qb mind you) you gonna pay out the nose to do it.

You like having no 1st rounder til 2023 boss?

Get out of the top 5 and see how much draft assets it cost ya

I've always thought Fitz was going to start 3-6 games in the beginning of the year until he has his patented slide back to reality, where Rosen should be comfortable within the system and with his surrounding cast. People forget that Rosen is brand new to this system, only playing in his second year. What you don't want to do is shoot the guys confidence and just throw him to the wolves to justify the trade somehow as a win. The trade is not a win if Rosen starts day 1 and doesn't have a firm grasp of the offense, and you just want him out there just because.
If I'm worried about a 1st round pick QB's confidence in year 2, he isn't the guy I want quarterbacking my team long term anyway.

Than Fitzpatrick? Chance I will take

I betcha if you try to move from 3 to 1 (which will only be on the table if whoever has that pick doesn’t need or want a qb mind you) you gonna pay out the nose to do it.

You like having no 1st rounder til 2023 boss?

Get out of the top 5 and see how much draft assets it cost ya

Than Fromm. And I'm not concerned about what draft picks we have in 2020, much less 2023...

Back
Top Bottom