Training Camp Day Two Updates | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Day Two Updates

Wow, day two of TC and the board already fighting about RF and JR........lol
Let me guess, 99% of the board already made up their mind long ago about which side they're on and now they all want to be right regardless of how that affects the team.
"Hey, who cares what's good for the team, I just want to be right"!!!!........smh

Yup that’s a perfect description of a Finheaven discussion (argument)

So you're fooled too, eh?

You think that the light switch just went on in year ELEVEN as a starter for Fitzpatrick? You're going to really sit here trying to convince people that the Fitzpatrick of a 3 game sample size at 36 years old is the REAL Fitzpatrick, and not the one that has played for and been cut by team after team after team for a reason? Come on...

"At the first sign of him fading back to his normal self..."

After those first 3 games you mentioned, over the next 5 games he went 0-5 with 6 TDs, 8 INTs throwing for under 200 yards in 60% of those games. That's not "at the first sign". That's almost a third of a season of playing like he usually does.

If people want to start Fitzpatrick so they can get the Matt Moore treatment of 8 years ago, then whatever. It's a desire to shoot yourself in the foot so I'll never understand it.

It has nothing to do with being fooled. If it was up to me I just roll with Rosen, sink or swim.

But I do understand there being a new coach trying to create a new culture for the lockerroom and he certainly doesnt do that if he is not starting the guy who has been the better QB since the offseason began.

All I’m saying is it should not be surprising that Fitzpatrick is looking damn good at this stage of the process. This is not an anomaly and it also wont be surprising to see him start the season well and then by the bye week we are talking about changing to Rosen after Fitz puts up a dud.

The process doesnt have to be immediate for Rosen. He just needs to be ready when the time comes, which history suggests will be sooner than later.

Wow, day two of TC and the board already fighting about RF and JR........lol
Let me guess, 99% of the board already made up their mind long ago about which side they're on and now they all want to be right regardless of how that affects the team.
"Hey, who cares what's good for the team, I just want to be right"!!!!........smh

I'm not sure it's ever been necessarily about wanting to be right in the 10+ years I've been here. It's just about believing you are right.

If the Dolphins never win another football game it doesn't matter to me. I simply don't care. It doesn't affect me. It just is what it is.

However, it affects the people in the organization though...players, coaches, executives. If they don't want it affecting them, then they better win football games. That's all I can tell 'em.

What affects me is whether or not I know what I'm talking about when it comes to football.

There's a difference between hoping you end up right, and believing you are right. There's a difference between talking about something out of desperation, and talking about something out of determination.

Whatever my point of view on something, it is what it is because I just call it how I see it. I believe I'm right. I didn't have that point of view just to be contrary to someone else's point of view. If someone chooses to view it differently because they hope they're right for the sake of their favorite football team, that's on them not me. I'm just being honest.

No bias here. Just assessing the current situation.

A rebuilding franchise should play the kid and let the 36 year old career back-up be the back-up.

I'm sure in private, the Harvard graduate knows he should be the back-up QB.

It shows what he really is. Or you can check out any of his other mediocre 15 years. My point is that people saw the 3 games last year and have a skewed vision of what he really is.

"Rosen is losing out to Fitzpatrick. Thats no big deal because its fitzpatrick." Like Fitzpatrick is some HOFer.

It isn't a big deal to me if Fitzpatrick is your starter to begin the season.

And honestly it doesn’t say much about Josh Rosen’s future with Miami either. All part of the process.

The 3 game stretch to start the season, the MVP talking 3 game stretch, suggests that he absolutely can look like aces at this time of year and no team is going to ignore that, especially a new regime.

Stop acting as if Fitzmagic is looking like trash and Rosen is looking like trash trash. Rosen has been fine and Fitz has been great. Lets go from there.

No bias here. Just assessing the current situation.

A rebuilding franchise should play the kid and let the 36 year old career back-up be the back-up.

I'm sure in private, the Harvard graduate knows he should be the back-up QB.

Good luck in thinking they are taking a “rebuilding franchise” mentality to start a new season. They are gonna allow themselves to put out the best performing product on the roster to start the season those first 4 weeks and reassess come the bye week.

We all should know . . . .that 2008 team probably wasnt even as talented as this group but disciplined football and competent QB play got them to 11-5 (soft schedule or not). This coach will expect the same and be reality checked once its not reasonable.

I think I’d pump the brakes on miami media “looks great” assessments.

I’ve seen that sector do tape analysis before

It’s no bueno

I mean it doesnt take much tape to assess whats in front of them in mini camps and early TC. I got people who have gone out there as well and have said Fitz is straight killing it but Josh is making some good throws as well.

Fitz is just bringing that gun slinger mentality and excitement that we completely lack in the previous robotic like era.

He aint the future but he certianly is a capable bridge to get to the future. Whether It’s Rosen, Tua, Fromm, Herbert, Lawrence, etc. . . . Is the question we will need answered.

It doesn’t have to be answered right now tho.

So...... anyways.... with the Giants losing Shepard and Coleman, they might be having a pretty high pick again lol maybe they will trade us

I don't know... But I just think folks around here need to let go
of the "tank modality" and endless stream of future HOF QBs
yet to be drafted or play a single down in the PROs.

For now -- just find a way to enjoy the "possibility" that our
franchise has turned the corner. I get the residual crit re the ORG
starting with Ross and so forth & so on...

Bottom line -- absolutely NOTHING has been proven yet.
And it's going to take some significant time for evidence to
accrue one way or another....

So in the interim -- why the chest beating and sundry ego riffs
as if "YOU" (whoever) can in any way definitively forecast the
future!

Unless of course there are certified time travelers among us?

Have a nice day!

BNF

Yeah I think CK touched on it. Look, I'm a firm believer that this collection of coaches is the best Miami has had in probably a decade, but that doesn't necessarily mean I'm convinced they can succeed in Miami's organization. I've seen successful people and coaches that I know can coach, not be successful in Miami's organization.

The Dolphins organization has issues that go far beyond just a coaching staff. I'd like to see these guys do well in Miami and win a lot of games eventually. But I need to see a lot more than just the name on the door of the head coach's office has changed.

You’re more in the know than I am when it comes to this organization. I have no idea what happens in upper management up to the owner. However, public sentiment does seems to suggest Mr.Ross is a pleasure to work for, he provides everything the coaching staff says they need to be successful, and he doesn’t meddle in day to day affairs.

Perhaps that’s bad traits for an owner of an organization to have. But in my book that sounds like a dream scenario for a “competent” coaching staff.

Once more I’m not sure how many teams in the entire league has better ran franchises than the Dolphins. Especially if you’re partly basing it on good coaches “winning.” There aren’t too many teams that fit that criteria.

You’re more in the know than I am when it comes to this organization. I have no idea what happens in upper management up to the owner. However, public sentiment does seems to suggest Mr.Ross is a pleasure to work for, he provides everything the coaching staff says they need to be successful, and he doesn’t meddle in day to day affairs.

Perhaps that’s bad traits for an owner of an organization to have. But in my book that sounds like a dream scenario for a “competent” coaching staff.

Once more I’m not sure how many teams in the entire league has better ran franchises than the Dolphins. Especially if you’re partly basing it on good coaches “winning.” There aren’t too many teams that fit that criteria.

I don't know anything other than what I'm able to see for myself. Maybe confirmed a little bit from input through people I'm close to having conversations with Don. But that's about it.

You don't want Tua anyway, he lost a football game once.

It isn't a big deal to me if Fitzpatrick is your starter to begin the season.

And honestly it doesn’t say much about Josh Rosen’s future with Miami either. All part of the process.

The 3 game stretch to start the season, the MVP talking 3 game stretch, suggests that he absolutely can look like aces at this time of year and no team is going to ignore that, especially a new regime.

Stop acting as if Fitzmagic is looking like trash and Rosen is looking like trash trash. Rosen has been fine and Fitz has been great. Lets go from there.
I dunno, dude. There isn't a practice report out there that has Rosen even looking average.

Back
Top Bottom