Training Camp Preview: Miami Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training Camp Preview: Miami Dolphins

I didn't read any reports our there regarding any team trying to trade w/ the chargers for Boston for a 2nd , 3rd , (4th or 5th rd isn't much of a difference). did you? I'll gladly accept my mistake if there's any proof.

Boston himself may have discouraged that because he let it be known that his interest in Miami and his cooperation in getting this deal done were due to Jerry Sullivan's presence in Miami. There were plenty of other teams who would have loved to have given up what we gave up for Boston, and negotiated the re-worked deal that we negotiated, but they knew it couldn't happen, because Boston wanted to resurrect his career and he wanted to do it where Jerry Sullivan would be his WRs coach. We know he thinks of Jerry as a father figure he's even admitted it, but also I think he wanted to go to a place where he would be trusted from the get-go and I think the only place that could happen was Miami because he'd have to know someone who likes him and has had success with him in order to be trusted somewhat wherever he went. That last is just my own suspicion I have no proof or anything.

Anyway as for Marion yes I agreed with the upgrade in speed. But, after the indictment, and the fact that Wannstedt flat out admitted that Marion was not released for speed reasons, saying that speed was not an issue....I seem to remember hearing a while ago about this whole stolen car/insurance fraud thing...and I really think Miami had become apprised of how serious the situation was looking and they released him based purely on that. If that was the case, it is still a loss, even if the loss of talent is due to criminal reasons. I would think the whole argument is a bit circular, because people spun the loss of Marion as a speed issue (including myself), and then the coaches came out and said that Marion hadn't lost speed...and then the indictment came out.

So I really think the Marion loss had nothing to do with talent and everything to do with the indictment. And this also means to me, that yes, its a position the coaches were worried about. They openly wanted to draft someone (Matt Ware, Sean Jones, etc). They signed Antuan Edwards, and lastly Wannstedt himself admitted that it was a position he was worried about until only recently.

The whole Marion got into the pro bowl on name alone, ok yeah that had something to do with it but he was still a very solid safety for us, top ten in the league probably, and he will be missed the first time a ball gets tossed deep for a streaking WR and instead of Brock Marion ripping it away from the receiver, Arturo "stonehands" Freeman goes to swat the ball and misses and the WR gets a TD, or Antuan "ouchy" Edwards pulls up mid-stride limping and the WR goes on to score, or either one of them gets out of position or takes the wrong angle on a tackle and allows the WR to score.

I'm hoping Bell is all we hoped he could be. And I think he has a good shot to be just that. I'm pulling for him. Once again I agreed with the decision because of the criminal stuff...they made the right choice, and our position will be better talent-wise long term I think, but for this season, it could be rough out there thats what I'm saying. Good thing our safety position just isn't all that important...

Justasportsfan said:
I didn't say that. It was used as the same logic regarding no one picking up your former OL.

What do you think of my avatar? It's creepy looking into the future, 'eh?

Gladsadmad said:
What do you think of my avatar? It's creepy looking into the future, 'eh?
:lol:. Yeah it's sad that someone has to use some kind of photo shop because that's the only way it's ever gonna happen, unless he borrows the trophy and poses w/ it. :D

:wall:

Note to self. Do not try to have a logical argument with Justasportsfan. There is just not enough time.....

Justasportsfan said:
:lol:. Yeah it's sad that someone has to use some kind of photo shop because that's the only way it's ever gonna happen, unless he borrows the trophy and poses w/ it. :D

If a Bill borrowed the trophy, they'd probably lose it....4 times

Justasportsfan said:
Do I have to explain everything? Geez, he said that last years OL sucked because other than Wade no one picked the others up, does that mean Boston sucks because there are no reports stating that no other teams were willing to give up a high pick for Boston ( because he wasn't good enough as far as other teams are concenred to part with a high draft pick? )

I am sorry you do not see the flaw in your logic.

ckparrothead said:
Alright don't get me wrong I definitely agree with you guys on certain things, but a little perspective please. Brock Marion was in the pro bowl...in 2003! He signed an 8 figure contract with the Lions, and all things aside his loss for cap and/or criminal reasons was indeed a loss. I mean Wannstedt even admitted that the position caused him concern. Antuan Edwards is a retread never-was player who can't stay healthy. He wasn't the heralded replacement/upgrade for Marion, he was the guy brought in for cheap depth. Wannstedt did say in the next breath that even though he was worried about the position, he now isn't because Yeremiah Bell has come on and now it looks like they have a nice, tight, intense competition going on at the position. But still, if the head coach himself was worried, I think Fanball has a right to print it as a "loss"

In my humble opinion, dumping S B. Marion was the best off-season move the Phinz organization made. He was old, slow, and a major weakness in our stellar secondary. Any Pro Bowler who gets torched by rookie WR's is undeserving of PB status, and Marion was burned repeatedly last year by the younger, quicker WR's now emerging around the league. That's not to say it was entirely his fault, but when you're the suppose to be the deepest man on the field, and you're still getting burnt, something is certainly wrong....

S's A. Edwards, A. Freeman, and Y. Bell all have better speed, and should be able to make a difference in how teams attack us deep. Marion just wasn't getting it done anymore....

PHINZ RULE!!! :fire:

FinfanInBuffalo said:
If a Bill borrowed the trophy, they'd probably lose it....4 times

clear.gif

Well I bet if they looked wide right they may find one of them. :lol:

Justasportsfan said:
Quote:
Do I have to explain everything? Geez, he said that last years OL sucked because other than Wade no one picked the others up, does that mean Boston sucks because there are no reports stating that no other teams were willing to give up a high pick for Boston ( because he wasn't good enough as far as other teams are concenred to part with a high draft pick? )

Hmmmmm.......maybe it's because Boston had character issues, I don't recall any of the OL released having issues.

So let's see Boston- Talent but character issues
Old OL - Nice guys - Suck

Back
Top Bottom