Training camp updates - 2nd August | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Training camp updates - 2nd August

Very intrigued by Taylor as I was during the draft. Can't wait to see what he can do in the pre.

Also happy that Carroo seems to be doing well so far.

Why is this? I think Nick Williams and Godchaux make the 53, but I don't see how Taylor fits (great P.S player though). What intrigues you about him?

I've heard Vincent Taylor's name a ton so far. I know it's really early in camp but I'm hopeful

What happened at the end of the Gase's interview about Jay's concussion? Gase kind of didn't answer on purpose and everyone laughed. Can someone clarify? I couldn't really hear it.

The OL is gonna destroy this team's hopes yet once again.

Amazing that this can be a devastating problem for the entire run of RT17's career and no coaches and GMs can fix it.

Give Miami an OL that is within 10 spots of the Dallas OL and Miami will be a perennial playoff contender.

Without it -- trashed running game, poor pass protection, Miami always underperforming, and RT out of the league earlier than he should be.

So sad that the warning signs are there -- yet again. Amazing the jump that Dallas took in team performance when they totally solidified the interior of the OL and OL across the board.

And amazing that Miami can't see the increased need of interior OL play, and how this affects team performance -- not just the offense, but also the defense.

Sad.

LD

The OL is gonna destroy this team's hopes yet once again.

Amazing that this can be a devastating problem for the entire run of RT17's career and no coaches and GMs can fix it.

Give Miami an OL that is within 10 spots of the Dallas OL and Miami will be a perennial playoff contender.

Without it -- trashed running game, poor pass protection, Miami always underperforming, and RT out of the league earlier than he should be.

So sad that the warning signs are there -- yet again. Amazing the jump that Dallas took in team performance when they totally solidified the interior of the OL and OL across the board.

And amazing that Miami can't see the increased need of interior OL play, and how this affects team performance -- not just the offense, but also the defense.

Sad.

LD

I'm not saying the offensive line will be just fine and there will be nothing to worry about during the regular season, but you can't make any assumptions based on play by play from reporters during training camp.

You also can't make any judgments on days like today where we are in just shells and there's no real contact.

Last edited:
I'm not saying the offensive line will be just fine and there will be nothing to worry about during the regular season, but you can't make any assumptions based on play by play from reporters during training camp.

You also can't make any judgments on days like today where we are in just shells and there's real contact.

Or when Mike Pouncey isn't participating in team drills yet and they're still shuffling guards around

Or when Mike Pouncey isn't participating in team drills yet and they're still shuffling guards around
I wouldn't count on Pouncy. I would put his over under at 6 games played in this season

It was just Omar, but on the radio today, he was actually quite happy with the guard situation. On Larsen he said something along the lines that he expected to see a journeyman in the trenches, but that early on his play has been good. On Bushrod he expressed that he looks much more comfortable at guard and on the right side of the line this year, as opposed to last year when both were new to him and he was coming off injury. He also led off his comments with there is no competition at guard, and that he's not worried about the starters. Time will tell I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom