Translation | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Translation

PhinPhreak

Perennial All-Pro
Reaction score
OK We are basically going to keep things the same but maybe if we bring Dan in the Fans will be so happy about Dan they won't realize that nothing really has changed.

Originally posted by RUDEbyallMEANS
Pretty much.. Huizenga thinks the Miami fans are stupid enough to buy into it..

Some are
yup...just a PR move. Fans down here hear "Marino" and they get excited.

Things aren't the same....not quite they aren't.

Last season, Dave was in control of final decisions....no more.

New GM R. Spielman now has the power to override. It's his show now....

I'm all for it....

This is not much of a change, but it's certainly not the same as it was. With Danny now in the mix, we'll have a great offensive mind on board as well. Not to mention the guy is a serious die-hard Phinz fan. Adding Danny is like a bonus....:D

PHINZ RULE!!!!

just dont start

printing up those superbowl tickets just yet. I'm shocked and a little dissapointed by the decision. Hopefully I can eat these words

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Like YOU know what YOUR talking about... :shakeno:

You have no idea how this arrangement is structure and how it will work from the owners standpoint !!!

:pirate:

Marino1983

Originally posted by CirclingWagons

Hardly, Marino has a brain. BUT if the Bills hired Jim Kelly, who is dumb as a plastic bag of nails...that would be PR. :lol:

BB

You guys are nuts.

How can you say this is the same thing??

Last year Wanny made all decisions and ran all operations.
This year Speilman runs personell and oeprations, Dave only does X's and O's, and they both have to answer to Dan who is one of the most intense get in your face guys ever. He will not tolerate any BS.

You guys are wrong. There was no stud GM out there so they did the next best thing.

It is an improvement any way you look at it.

If you want to be so begative go be a Jet fan.

The dolphins needed to change.......but they didn't need to redo the whole front office. Again, even with our 'oh so poor' offense.....we wound up 10-6. We were a hair from being 12-4 or better. A hair!

The biggest problem? Personnel decisions. Even then, our personnel decisions couldn't have been completely ludicrous as DW has pulled 11-5, 11-5, 9-7, 10-6 seasons and was so close to going 12-4 this season with (what everyone agrees) is perhaps the worst offense since 1970.

Was the change a complete FO change? No. Was it required? No. I don't understand how some fans expected or wanted this. Is this as good as hiring savage or ruskell or......probably so. But because they are people you know it is just cosmetic? If Rick had his way last season, we would have had Boldin or Calico.....but DW did....that would have fixed the WR problem which we still have. Don't forget, Marino albeit "Dan the Man" aka "God" also has a huge ego and 17 years playing experience, perhaps the best QB of all time. He didn't get that way soley on genetics....but also ALOT of film study....learning quirks of defenses, offenses, what makes a good corner, o-lineman etc. He is perfect for the offense and DW will be perfect for the Defense.

Rick will make good decisions on personnel and Marino won't let his good ideas be over-ruled by DW and at the same time, Marino understands the importance of a good D and will let DW and Bates and Rick work that end of it more.

This may not be Hiroshima....but it sure is a BIG change to the way DW has been working the past 4 years and will definitely give us a better chance of improving IMO.

haha I can picture Dan yelling at dave like he used to yell at Duper :p.

Not to mention Danny doesn't like Dave or Jay. So, right away at least we'll see one immediate change. Then, maybe another one next year. Also, at the next draft, Dave won't be able to tell Rick to pass on Rivers for a CB coming off 5 knee surgeries who will make a great back up in 3 years.

Seems to me that the Player Evaluation now is all Spielman's and maybe WH was worried that DW would have some influence on his decisions, and now it seems that it will go through Dan just as a double check with him having the tie-breaker vote.

Who knows but is possible

I agree with the translation.

How do you interview seven candidates and then tell Marino "Rick seems to be the most qualified guy, what do you think? Do you want any part of this?" as Marino slipped and stated that this is what Huizenga told him.

That did not sound good.

Re: just dont start

Originally posted by rhadaddy
I'm shocked and a little dissapointed by the decision. Hopefully I can eat these words
ditto:(

Back
Top Bottom