Translation | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Translation

I'm not sure that the guy who recommeded that Damon Huard be Miami's QB is a guy who I want to have final say over who our next QB is.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
OK We are basically going to keep things the same but maybe if we bring Dan in the Fans will be so happy about Dan they won't realize that nothing really has changed.

Exactly right. This is nothing but smoke and mirrors.

Finally.....Dan the Man has come back.........to Miami!! I can hear everyone now chanting Dan the Man's name "Danny, Danny, Danny!"

To day is a good day!! Let's not spoil it be making dumb comments about this great move!!

Nothing is ever good enough for some people. Unfortunately this move opens the window for the critics to cry "No change at all"....Some people want sweeping changes and anything less is unacceptable....Fortunately, this franchise is run by people who use their brains and understand that sweeping changes are for rebuilding and it would be incredibly dumb to throw everything away and start over at this point.
What do we get?
We get Rick Spielman, who by all accounts, had offense as our top pick in last years' draft.... and it just so happens that the player he wanted turned out to be rookie of the year.

We get Dan Marino to come in and agree with Rick that the offense needs attention....A guy who loves the Dolphins and hates losing more than anyone we ever had in this organization....

And we get Dave Wannstedt, who now gets to forget about all that other stuff and concentrate on coaching. His one definate failure that anybody could point to was his personell decisons and now he has no say anymore...problem addressed...

All these guys give us a team that's committed to winning and has checks and balances to keep everyone accountable. We are going to get a year of these people trying as hard as they have ever tried in their lives to make this work....these guys are working for their proffessional careers next year...They will literally be playing for their lives....especially Wannstedt....yet, this isn't enough....

It seems, nothing, short of blood, will satisfy some people.

Last edited:
Wanny is going to coach his a$$ off next season.......The pressure is really on now............

I am really liking the move more now.........

Originally posted by rafael
I'm not sure that the guy who recommeded that Damon Huard be Miami's QB is a guy who I want to have final say over who our next QB is.

Huard wasn't necessarily Dan's choice. Huard was just Dan's pick of the two that were considered for the position. Rightfully so. Damon was the guy who had spent time behind Marino. Fiedler was an outsider who had no resume whatsoever. Dan saying that Damon should have been the quarterback back then doesn't mean that Damon was Dan's pick among all the available quarterbacks. I still to this day feel that Damon would have been better than Jay though.

This offseason, Dan may try to get Rick to make a play for Drew Bledsoe, who could be on the outs in Buffalo.

Originally posted by inFINSible
Nothing is ever good enough for some people. Unfortunately this move opens the window for the critics to cry "No change at all"....

Only because that's EXACTLY what it is. Anyone with two functioning brain cells to rub together can see that 1)Wanny is still our coach, 2) Speilman is still making the personell decisions and 3)Huizenga doesn't want to have anything to do with the front office.

Originally posted by Section126
Wanny is going to coach his a$$ off next season.......The pressure is really on now............

ROFLMAO! Oh yeah...that 9-7 season and a heartbreaking loss to NE in the final moments didn't put any pressure at all on him last season...

Originally posted by KBISBACK

Huard wasn't necessarily Dan's choice. Huard was just Dan's pick of the two that were considered for the position. Rightfully so. Damon was the guy who had spent time behind Marino. Fiedler was an outsider who had no resume whatsoever. Dan saying that Damon should have been the quarterback back then doesn't mean that Damon was Dan's pick among all the available quarterbacks. I still to this day feel that Damon would have been better than Jay though.

This offseason, Dan may try to get Rick to make a play for Drew Bledsoe, who could be on the outs in Buffalo.

Wow, KB I couldn't disagree with you more. JF with all his limitations is way better than Huard. I also think DB is on the outs in Buff b/c he makes bad decisions. The same reason Brady was the choice in NE. We don't need a QB to come in and make more bad decisions.

Originally posted by PhinPhreak
OK We are basically going to keep things the same but maybe if we bring Dan in the Fans will be so happy about Dan they won't realize that nothing really has changed.
:lol:

Wouldn't it be funny if Marino has Wanny fired and get's Jimmy Johnson to come out of retirement and coach the fins?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan
2) Speilman is still making the personell decisions

"STILL?" He did last year?

Think not.

Think more. He was indeed involved in personell decisions. He didn't have the final say...and in reality, he still won't.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

Think more. He was indeed involved in personell decisions. He didn't have the final say...and in reality, he still won't.

LMAO! Ya...ok.

He was "indeed" involved as far as saying, "I like this guy," but was powerless to stop Wanny from picking who he wanted. That's not very damn involved.

Do you recall who he wanted in the first round? I do. And it wasn't who WANNY picked.

I guess we'll have to wait until April and see for sure.

I'd just rather be optimistic in the mean time insted of doom and gloom.

Back
Top Bottom