Travis Swanson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Travis Swanson

I havent seen any grades or film study on him but Kilgore was never all that great, he was just supposed to be steady and more reliable than Pouncey (who happens to be pro-bowl caliber this year...until he gets hurt again). It would be nice if Swanson performed as good as Kilgore consistently, I don't remember how much gntd money we through at Kilgore for the next couple years as far as moving on from him.

According to @PFF Travis Swanson is the 11th ranked Center in the NFL after Week 6 with an overall grade of 71.6. 73.3 overall in Pass Protection and 68.8 overall in Run Blocking. Very impressive against the two of the toughest defensive fronts Miami has played so far this year.

I havent seen any grades or film study on him but Kilgore was never all that great, he was just supposed to be steady and more reliable than Pouncey (who happens to be pro-bowl caliber this year...until he gets hurt again). It would be nice if Swanson performed as good as Kilgore consistently, I don't remember how much gntd money we through at Kilgore for the next couple years as far as moving on from him.

Kilgore is due $2.4 mil in 2019 and $3.6 mil in 2020 off of the contract he signed with San Fran before they traded him to us, but none of that is guaranteed. We could move on from him, and use that money towards an offer for Swanson if his solid play continues, retaining Brendel as a reserve if he comes back 100%.

Kilgore is due $2.4 mil in 2019 and $3.6 mil in 2020 off of the contract he signed with San Fran before they traded him to us, but none of that is guaranteed. We could move on from him, and use that money towards an offer for Swanson if his solid play continues, retaining Brendel as a reserve if he comes back 100%.

I agree with you regarding Kilgore...after this season he will have missed 35 games in the last 5 seasons...Amazing we found a center that has missed more time in his career than Pouncey...

Solid plan man

Honestly for $2.4M I may keep him around as a backup the way this team goes through Olineman. I'd be ok with 2 suitable starters at C. Not sure how close or far apart in talent Brendel is to Kilgore/Swanson.

Solid indeed.

It’s early still though. Results to date encouraging after that first fast ball snap.

Honestly for $2.4M I may keep him around as a backup the way this team goes through Olineman. I'd be ok with 2 suitable starters at C. Not sure how close or far apart in talent Brendel is to Kilgore/Swanson.

I think Brendel isn't that far off what Kilgore offers if at all when it comes to talent. But if there is a difference I agree that a couple mil isn't bad to spend on a backup linemen. Larsen is in the same price range, and I'd prefer to keep him even though I don't want him starting.

There's a possibility, if Swanson continues his solid play at center and eventually gets extended or resigned; coupled with a healthy return of Jake Brendal. Both Kilgore and Larsen become cap casualties. Imo both Brendal and Swanson are the better duo, in comparison to Kilgore and Larsen.

RonSwanson.jpg

Then why was he a 3rd rounder and other Centers drafted well over him? Injury?
Weston Richburg (N.Y. Giants) was the only C drafted ahead of him. Centers don't usually get drafted very high lately. With the exception of the Pouncey brothers and Frederick (Dallas).

Back
Top Bottom