Trill Williams, Sam Eguavoen and the direction of this team | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Trill Williams, Sam Eguavoen and the direction of this team

Where? I see a 53 man roster almost completely turned over in 3 years with young players who love the game and have plenty of room to grow. We might only have X as a “superstar”, but the roster as a whole is better than I’ve seen the last decade plus. Obviously, they still have a lot to prove, but there is a lot to like.
You respond to that?

DB: 1-49
RB, Wr, TE: 1-49, 80 -89
LB, De : 1-59, 90-99

Compared to our older teams yes... Compared to the rest of the NFL what you ppl are saying is laughable.

We are young for sure but we are not this talent haven some of you have deluded yourselves of thinking we are.

We overachieved last year, and we won't make the playoffs unless we do the same thing this year. Am I wrong? Then tell me why? The only prayer we have is if Tua puts this team on his back. Other than that, I don't know how anyone expects an improved running game.

The defense is good but it hasn't improved either.
I had a well thought out retort typed out then I thought to myself "hit the head of my **** with a framing hammer or argue Miami Dolphins football with you?"

I chose the framing hammer, it was less painful.

I don't know if you're referring to me, but in case you are, I'm not talking about adding pro-bowlers. The pro bowl is a popularity contest.

I'm talking about experience, and successful playoff experience in particular. I'm talking about savvy, guys who've seen all the schemes and coverages, guys who knows what winning habits are. I'm talking about production over years, not flash in the pan garbage time stats.

We need a few guys like that to win playoff games. It sooooo hard to have serious success with kids and rescue projects.
So you’re saying mix in some free agents? I think we all know why guys like this are free agents in the first place. Miami has mostly had a bad experience in free agency. Free agency as a whole rewards descending players which is a risky proposition. You’re far better off drafting and developing your own guys. An occasional plug and play is alright but it’s like a woman’s cleavage. You can glance at it but don’t stare.

Just listened to mike mayock's presser and he said he thinks the OL drives the whole team. Agree?

So you’re saying mix in some free agents? I think we all know why guys like this are free agents in the first place. Miami has mostly had a bad experience in free agency. Free agency as a whole rewards descending players which is a risky proposition. You’re far better off drafting and developing your own guys. An occasional plug and play is alright but it’s like a woman’s cleavage. You can glance at it but don’t stare.
FA and/or trades. And a small sprinkle is all you need ( as circumstances will confirm....).

If we don't go that route and trust homegrown, it can still happen that you develop leadership and talent sufficient to get you over the hump.

But you can only get playoff experience by going to the playoffs, so it's somewhat of a catch-22 without bringing in a few vets.

Back
Top Bottom