Try to get the # 2 pick if... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Try to get the # 2 pick if...

As for Sean Payton. I live in NY, and saw alot of Giants game and coverage, he had his play calling duties swiped away, and the Giants went on a run after, and he seemed quite inept. And was quickly let go after that. I did not follow him much as a dallas coach, but I was truly stunned when I heard he got the Saints job. My only thought was I guess nobody else wanted it.

Whitedolphin54 said:
All joking aside, who can remember the Dome Patrol. that was a good bunch of LB's

Great group of linebackers. Back then you almost expected a sack or a near sack on every passing down. Too bad we didn't have any offense.

Whitedolphin54 said:
All joking aside, who can remember the Dome Patrol. that was a good bunch of LB's
I had the honor of meeting Sam Mills once. He was a classy guy.
I wont get on the Saint bashing bandwagon because they are just doing whet they need to do. If they get Brees it will allow them to give up their 2nd pick for more quality players in more positions. Its the thing to do if they have the money to spend on Brees. Whether Brees really wants to play for the Saints is a different matter but we will hopefully all know by Monday.

MetrySaint said:
Drew Brees looks like he's interested. You aren't still mad about the RW trade,are you?

He's interested in money. Nothing more, nothing less because that is pretty much all the Saints have to offer.
Most of us would like to see Brees in a Dolphins uniform, however, it has to be at the right price. This organization has returned to being one of the elite organizations in football in terms of ownership, F.O, coaching, practice facilities and stadium. As such, the F.O won't mortgage the future of the team to acquire one player and that includes Brees. The Saints orgaization, on the other hand is trying to fill seats and is more likely to overpay in the short term with no eye on the future.

i started a similar thread to this but it disapeared in a couple of minutes can someone tell me why?

jlfin said:
The Saints orgaization, on the other hand is trying to fill seats and is more likely to overpay in the short term with no eye on the future.

I don't think they're that concerned about filling seats. Season ticket sales are higher than they were at this point a year ago..And the price of lower level sideline seats are double what they were in past years. Selling tickets isn't as big a problem as some may think.....I actually picked up my season tickets this morning.

Wallace758 said:
Wanny would have never did that...

He'd have gone to New York to trade our second round pick for Jay Fiedler...

MetrySaint said:
no doubt about it. Look, personally, as a Saints fan, if I were Brees, I'd probably pick the Dolphins over the Saints, even for a bit less money, just because I think Miami has a great coach, a program heading in the right direction, and a bigger market for advertising deals, endorsements, etc. But to say that no one wants to play for the Saints, and that it would be the biggest joke in the history of the NFL is a bit ridiculous.

Agreed I don't know why people knock on the Saints so bad they have a lot of weapons also on there offense when Deuce is healthy and if you put Brees there and build a Defense Saints can go from the bottom to the top pretty quickly especially when Tampas Defense is aging Falcons I think are going to fall apart(I think Vick is crap IMO) and Panthers are still a very strong team but they can be very streaky sometimes!

FinFan84 said:
As for Sean Payton. I live in NY, and saw alot of Giants game and coverage, he had his play calling duties swiped away, and the Giants went on a run after, and he seemed quite inept. And was quickly let go after that. I did not follow him much as a dallas coach, but I was truly stunned when I heard he got the Saints job. My only thought was I guess nobody else wanted it.

Actually, they interviewed five or six candidates, all of which would have taken the job. Not because it's the Saints, but because there are only 32 jobs like this in the world. Payton did get offered the Oakland job a few years back, but turned Al Davis down. I remember when he was coaching the Giants, and all that went down. As a Saints fan, obviously, I was concerned with that as well, but after reading what Parcells said about him, and the fact that it happened a few years ago, and not last season, I feel he probably learned a lot from that, and he was obviously doing a great job in Dallas before taking the Saints gig.

I appoligize for Wallace. "Biggest joke in Proffesional sports". Its obvious he has no clue about sports. Wish you the best next year.

Way_Far_Fan_13 said:
I am sorry but I do not think Lienart will be the QB everyone says he will. The reason behind what I am saying is that when a QB knows he is good he will comeo out early and proove it to people, not stay in school and dance his way through his final year.

Kind of like Peyton Manning did?

1stDown said:
I appoligize for Wallace. "Biggest joke in Proffesional sports". Its obvious he has no clue about sports. Wish you the best next year.

Thanks, same to you. I liked the Dolphins since Marino, and have sort of adopted them as my second favorite team, particularly since Mule and Saban landed in S. Fla.

Wallace758 said:
if brees signs with the saints, which i hope not because that would be the biggest joke in professional football history...the phins should look to trade for the 2nd pick in the draft and select Lienart...I know they'll want a king's ransom for that pick..but we may not see another year with this many quality qb's available..by the way i'd like to salute Nick Saban for the great effort going to alabama...Wanny would have never did that...we salute you...Lemme Know what you think of the possibilities of acquiring the # 2 pick

I remember not to many years ago when the Patriots were also the team that could never win a Super Bowl and they sucked year in and year out. How do you supposed they changed that? By not going after good players? If you want to speculate about what may happen fine, live in your fantasy land. But why bash another team for trying to get a player that some want on this team? If he's good they should try to get him. If not we shouldn't want him.

Ultimately Brees is going to go for who pays the most. If the money is close he may take less to go where he thinks he has the best chance of winning a SB. I don't think this is to hard to figure out if your Drew Brees. The key also will most likely be guaranteed money. Even he has no idea how the arm will hold up so he knows he has to get while the getting is good.

As for trading to the number 2 spot...... Personally I wouldn't do it. Yes we need a great qb, but even at #2 they don't come with a guarantee. We have many other needs as well which I feel gets overlooked around here quite a bit. Allot of people on here act as if we were on the cusp of winning a superbowl. While we did improve throughout the year you couldn't really say we were a playoff caliber team. We have more needs than just a good qb. And lets say we get the next coming of Marino..... if we give up to much we will strap ourselves into the same situation we had when Dan was here. A great qb still needs a good supporting cast to go win a SB.

Oh and I wouldn't crow to loud about playoff blowouts either. Remember when we met the Jags in the playoffs when Jimmy J. was still here?

Good Luck

MetrySaint said:
Thanks, same to you. I liked the Dolphins since Marino, and have sort of adopted them as my second favorite team, particularly since Mule and Saban landed in S. Fla.

I respect you for your views and I believe in your division
your team can turn things around rather quickly.

Sign Brees and trade down from #2 and grab numerous draft picks and go to work.

Of course I would not like that scenario but regardless of the outcome
this is very exciting for both teams.

MiamiRon

Back
Top Bottom