Tua apparently signed a $30.3M 4 yr deal with Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua apparently signed a $30.3M 4 yr deal with Dolphins

please tell me he is not represented by klutch sports and that bumb crook rich paul

I don't believe he has signed yet. The Tim Reynolds was 18 hours ago and he says "Tua will sign..."

Now he did sign an Adidas contract on Monday.
How much is the Adidas contract worth?

People know this is their most meaningful paycheck of their lives ... and the last one is probably the most important. I don't hate on guys trying to get their money. But I do criticize rookies holding out when they need the pre-season time. This year ... there is unlikley to be any pre-season time, and Tua would be spending it rehabbing anyway. When he signs isn't a big deal to me honestly. Just as long as it's before the pre-season work begins (or regular season work if we skip the pre-season this year).

Many wanted Tannehill gone and got their wish;
they wanted Rosen, and then surprisingly got their wish;
then they wanted Tua, and maybe even more surprisingly got that wish too. This will be interesting.....

Report: Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins Agree to $30.28M Contract with $19.6M Bonus
TYLER CONWAYMAY 11, 20207

FILE - In this Feb. 27, 2020, file photo, Alabama quarterback Tua Tagovailoa watches a drill at the NFL football scouting combine in Indianapolis. Tagovailoa is a likely first round pick in the NFL Draft Thursday, April 23, 2020.  (AP Photo/Charlie Neibergall, File)

Charlie Neibergall/Associated Press
The Miami Dolphins and quarterback Tua Tagovailoa agreed to a four-year, $30.3 million contract Monday, which includes a $19.6 million signing bonus.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported terms of the deal, which is fully guaranteed.
The Dolphins selected Tagovailoa with the fifth overall pick in April's draft. Expected by many to be the No. 1 overall selection coming into his junior season, Tagovailoa's career at Alabama abruptly ended when he suffered a dislocated and fractured hip in a November win over Mississippi State.
While his long-term health is paramount, Tagovailoa looks like a good bet to begin the 2020 season as the Dolphins' starting quarterback.

"I'll say my kids are expecting him (to start)," coach Brian Flores said. "They're big fans. They were excited to get on the phone call with him. But, look, we haven't even seen him, obviously, with the pandemic and all that's going on. Our doctors haven't seen him, so we've a long way to go before we can say who's doing what. We'd like to just get him and have a meeting first.
"I think it's way too early to speculate on this year and how this is going to go. You guys know we like to take a one-day-at-a-time approach anyway. That's going to be the approach I'm going to have him take as well."
Tagovailoa threw for 7,442 yards and 87 touchdowns against 11 interceptions during his collegiate career. He was on pace to set the single-season passing efficiency mark in 2019 before the injury.
If Tagovailoa needs to come along more slowly, the Dolphins have veteran Ryan Fitpatrick in place, who can adequately fill in until Tua is ready to take over.
Should he stay healthy, Tagovailoa looks like a can't-miss quarterback prospect who the Dolphins should be able to make the face of their franchise.

Back
Top Bottom