Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

I watched the 92 Draft last night to fall asleep and saw Vincent drafted. We took him #4 overall I think.
No. Vincent was the 7th pick in the 1992 NFL draft. Miami had acquired that pick from the then Phoenix Cardinals in exchange for Randal “Thrill” Hill who Miami had drafted in the first round of the 1991 draft. I believe Hill played only one preseason game for Miami in the 1991 season and then Miami traded him to Phoenix for their first round pick the following year. Miami also had the 12th pick in the 1992 draft and they took Marco Coleman.

Last edited:
5/500 let’s go.

This place is going to erupt regardless once the final numbers are revealed. Popcorn is ready.

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

I already said time to tank for the next guy. Whether Grier and especially Ross has the stones to do that again is another story

That's not stones. That's stupidity.

Just to clarify...you want to tank again and start over? 2023 was the first time Miami had been to the playoffs in back to back years since 2001. Just one year shy of the playoff win drought.

You know what the only constant has been since 2001? THEY KEEP STARTING OVER EVERY 3-4 YEARS.

That pretty clearly hasn't worked. As a matter of fact, that's the exact recipe for the 6 to 9 win seasons of mediocrity that you say will happen with Tua. Miami won between 6 and 9 games FOURTEEN TIMES since 2001, including a mind-numbing nine seasons of 6-8 wins in ten years under three different coaches and five different QBs.

You want mediocrity, go ahead and blow it up again.

Maybe, just maybe, let's stay the course and see what happens.

Last edited:
5y 270 is my prediction slightly above hurts

I am bracing for the sticker shock.

Tua is a very good QB but he is going to get paid like a great one.

That is just how the NFL works with QB's now but I am hoping Miami get get him to accept a reasonable deal.
Herbert who has really done nothing and was drafted the same year as Tua is earnings ove $50 million a year.

So Tua being paid more than Herbert makes perfect sense because he is a better QB than Herbert.

Hard to really buy into that negotiations had not begun yet. They probably ratcheted up but they have had multiple convos to set the stage of what they think will be agreed to.

I think this is why you often see QB contracts happen in the summer. The time between wrapping FA and draft subsides about a month before the June 1 deadline where there is more activity. So, they can really drill down and solely focus on Tua at this point and get it done in an expedient manner.

Herbert who has really done nothing and was drafted the same year as Tua is earnings ove $50 million a year.

So Tua being paid more than Herbert makes perfect sense because he is a better QB than Herbert.
I agree. If Herbert is paid that and has done even less, hard to imagine Tua will accept a lesser deal. Plus, Herbert got it a year earlier.

Tua is good and all but I’m not paying 220 million for a QB who hasn’t won’t us a playoff game at the very least.
He played in one playoff game and half of his seasons he had Flores as HC who hated him. You can want whatever you want but the reality is Tua is going to get paid bigly.

Let's not extend Waddle or Philips or any other player either because they haven't won us a playoff game either.
Come on brother. That's a false equivalency, and you know it.

A QB handles the ball on virtually every offensive snap. Those other positions do not.

I do understand your point, but let's not be ridiculous. There's a reason QBs are paid more.

TBH, I don't know that resigning JP is even a good idea, certainly not to a top tier contract.

He's a good player. He is not "elite", though, and has more than his share of injuries. If the pass rushers we just drafted work out well?

Let's just say he is not irreplaceable. The cost may outweigh the player.

Back
Top Bottom