Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

The FH brothers who argued that CW wasn't worth 16m/year were... well... dreaming.

I remember those threads... "he doesn't get enough sacks"' they said.

He got 27.5m/year

He bet on himself and won. When they do that, there isn't much we can do. He's 29 this year and another team was willing to make him the second highest paid DL in the NFL.

The smart move was to let him walk.
Yeah, that price was ridiculous for sure...

Nonsense? Dude you are the preeminent pervovor of nonsense and the most worthless snipes from the sidelines on the entire board! Do us all a favor and just stay in that little cave of yours..
WTF is a pervovor???? A dinosaur that only eats priests, Kevin Spaceys, and Harvey Weinsteins?????? WTF BNF?????? :chuckle:

Over under 50 pages on this thread?

I'll take the over.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Yeah, Miami's focus is on paying wide receivers. We'll see how that turns out.

I know you can't keep everyone. Looking at Miami's biggest free agent losses, Troy Vincent and Christian Wilkins would be 1-2 for me. Vincent was a long time ago.
I watched the 92 Draft last night to fall asleep and saw Vincent drafted. We took him #4 overall I think.

I was looking at our cap situation on overthecap.com

We currently have $2.9M for 2024. The OBJ signing will wipe that out. We will get the $18.5M from the X release after June 1. We will use that to sign our rookie draft class and maybe sign a few more free agents.

We have $3M in cap space for 2025. So Tua's cap hit will have to be very low then too.

We have $92M in cap space for 2026 and $271M in cap space for 2027. I would imagine Tua's cap hits in those years will be enormous.

Usually teams have an off ramp with these kind of contracts after 4 years or so. So if we lock up Tua and have the ability to get out after 2027 then I am good with that.

Its risky that we probably will only have Tyreek for 2 more years. After he leaves I fear what Tua will look like.

It's not about who is worth more, Tua vs any other QB. These contracts are based on when they are signed. The revenue and salary cap go up every year. So if QB A signs a deal this year, and QB B signs one next year or the year after, he's likely getting a bigger deal than QB A.

The fans of QB A will be upset when his deal is signed, because "he's not worth that".

By year 3 or 4 of the deal, he will be making less than other QBs and the contract is much better looking to fans.

I know these negotiations will take time, but would really love to see him get extended prior to the start of training camp. Obviously this will definitely be done before Week 1, but would be nice to have it done well in advance.

...you love to nav the most "politically acceptable" position just tipping the scales ever so slightly...

Are you willing to affirm it's unwise for the team / franchise to invest in Tua to the degree that it hinders future possibilities?
the team needs Tua but Tua needs a team around him as well so what I want is for the team to have enough money under the cap so that the team is able to surround him with a good enough team to win with.

Remind me.
I was looking at our cap situation on overthecap.com

We currently have $2.9M for 2024. The OBJ signing will wipe that out. We will get the $18.5M from the X release after June 1. We will use that to sign our rookie draft class and maybe sign a few more free agents.

We have $3M in cap space for 2025. So Tua's cap hit will have to be very low then too.

We have $92M in cap space for 2026 and $271M in cap space for 2027. I would imagine Tua's cap hits in those years will be enormous.

Usually teams have an off ramp with these kind of contracts after 4 years or so. So if we lock up Tua and have the ability to get out after 2027 then I am good with that.

Its risky that we probably will only have Tyreek for 2 more years. After he leaves I fear what Tua will look like.
Remind me. In Waddles first year how many catches did he have?

Back
Top Bottom