Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

To me, it starts with Tua. But I'd also love for the team to lock up some young talent, like Waddle, Phillips and maybe Holland.

In today's NFL, it's par for the course to lose talent. But I think Miami can do better with home grown guys.
Agreed. Need to keep the homegrown boys. Don't want to see any of those dudes you mentioned playing elsewhere. It's bad enough they lost Wilkins. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but from the outside it seems like they really didn't try to get creative to keep him. Grier is supposed to be a genius w/the cap, but I guess they didn't feel he was worth it.

Agreed. Need to keep the homegrown boys. Don't want to see any of those dudes you mentioned playing elsewhere. It's bad enough they lost Wilkins. I don't know what went on behind the scenes, but from the outside it seems like they really didn't try to get creative to keep him. Grier is supposed to be a genius w/the cap, but I guess they didn't feel he was worth it.
Do u think he is worth what he got paid in Vegas? What about Hunt? That's around 200 million over the next 4-5 years right there no?

Tua is a "good" QB, but probably will never rise to elite status. But the bottom line is that "good" QB's get paid in the NFL as there are just not enough of them to go around. I would personally like to see the Fins hold off, but if they do sign him, then $45 million is probably fair market value.

What is established about Tua. Baby deer in the headlights whenever there’s any pressure ain’t worth ****. We ready to have a daniel jones type QB as our franchise guy?
No reason to bid against ourselves! No team is going to offer Tua a top tier contract. Let him go find one on the open mkt. The kid deserves to get paid but NOT stupid money. And we need to maintain liquidity.

Do u think he is worth what he got paid in Vegas? What about Hunt? That's around 200 million over the next 4-5 years right there no?
No of course not, but maybe if they would have negotiated earlier and got creative with his agent they could have figured something out. Of course if he just wanted the cabbage then it's a moot point.

That one really bugs me. Both Baltimore and Kansas City took care of their star DT'S.

To your point, I think Miami could have been creative and found a way to make it work.

Last edited:
Whether an employee is a plumber, a teacher, a construction worker or a QB... no one wants to work for less than the prevailing wage.

Tua's representatives are going to ask for Burrow money... and they'll likely get it.

If we get him for Kyler Murray money, then Tua left money on the table.
Your right on this the only thing I would push back on is the individuals in those professions need every last dollar that they can get to make ends meet today. Maybe I'm just naïve and I'll never know what it's like to be in Tua's situation but I would like to think if I ever was I would prefer to leave some money on the table to improve the team around me. I'd rather be a Super bowl Champ making a paltry $45 million a year than a one and done wild card participant making $55 million a year. As much as I like Tua he's not Mahomes, Burrow etc... and needs a solid core around him to also get paid. But again I'm not in that situation and never will be so I guess I'll never know....

That one really bugs me. Both Baltimore and Kansas City took care of their star DT'S.

To your point. I think Miami could have been creative and found a way to make it work.
Yep, big time DL's are hard to find. Maybe I was naive, but I thought they were going to get it done.

I want Tua here and I want the best possible deal for the team as well which is what every fan should want too.
...you love to nav the most "politically acceptable" position just tipping the scales ever so slightly...

Are you willing to affirm it's unwise for the team / franchise to invest in Tua to the degree that it hinders future possibilities?

Your right on this the only thing I would push back on is the individuals in those professions need every last dollar that they can get to make ends meet today. Maybe I'm just naïve and I'll never know what it's like to be in Tua's situation but I would like to think if I ever was I would prefer to leave some money on the table to improve the team around me. I'd rather be a Super bowl Champ making a paltry $45 million a year than a one and done wild card participant making $55 million a year. As much as I like Tua he's not Mahomes, Burrow etc... and needs a solid core around him to also get paid. But again I'm not in that situation and never will be so I guess I'll never know....
He might be willing to take less if the team guarantees most of the money.

It wouldn't hurt to ask, but then we are stuck with a huge dead cap if we were ever forced to move him or release him due to injury.

Kirk Cousins... 45m/year.

This is the absolute lowest that an established QB can go.

Kirk is older and has always been good, not great... and he had ZERO trouble finding a suitor, and signing a quick contract.

If you don't like what Tua is going to get, you are just denying reality.

Go yell at the clouds.

Seconded.

There's a lot of reality-denying going on in this thread from people I've already blocked.

Back
Top Bottom