Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

I will be here regardless of the outcome.

Question, what is your alternative solution? Let him play out his contract and hope to resign him if he wins a Superbowl next year.

Could be my sorry old eyes and questionable long term memory, but this topic does seem to lend itself to summoning the naysayers who are quick to criticize but offer no viable alternatives.

What's your plan if you were GM?
I just want the FO to push for as team friendly a deal as possible which I’m sure they are. The more team friendly the more cap we have for the rest of the team which should be of critical interest to everyone here. I just don’t want the, what did Burrow and Herbert get, ok let’s match that plus a little more “because that’s market”. Market is subjective as all these QB’s are not identical, market for Tua will be what they end up agreeing to.

Dolphins have some leverage since Tua is still under contract for another year, and an affordable year at that. He is highly incented to do a deal now for the guarantees and moving a lot of his potential injury risk over to the team and off himself. All I’m saying is use your leverage and get as good a deal as possible for the team, whether that’s the dollar amount, guarantees, injury out or what have you. Again I’m sure they are doing this, hopefully it’s a deal we can all be pleased with, open up some more cap this year, get a couple more FA’s and get ready to kick ass in ‘24.

I am bracing for the sticker shock.

Tua is a very good QB but he is going to get paid like a great one.

That is just how the NFL works with QB's now but I am hoping Miami get get him to accept a reasonable deal.
I have a feeling from all that is available to getting to know Tua it’s going to be a team friendly deal jmo

Whatever he signs, I hope he leaves money on the table for his friends/teammates who're coming up on contract decisions also.

Back
Top Bottom