Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

I am absolutely a fan of the team first. My opinion that I prefer to let him play out the option is irrelevant at this point. That's why I don't see the need, or point of restating ad nauseum.

You have been beating this to death for weeks. Ppl have given you a myriad of opinions and answers. The fact that you can find none of them acceptable at this point is very likely a "you problem"

My post had nothing to do with Tua, or how much I think he should be paid. That is "you" again, conflating things that are not related.

My post was about you refusing to let it go and move on after, literally, hundreds of posts and replies.
nice try. it was a very simple question asked dispassionately. you had a nutty, and personalized things, once again. i will re-ask the question - do you want the dolphins to pay tua more than they need to pay him to keep him here, yes or no?

nice try. it was a very simple question asked dispassionately. you had a nutty, and personalized things, once again. i will re-ask the question - do you want the dolphins to pay tua more than they need to pay him to keep him here, yes or no?
If they were going to pay him more than needed to keep him here. Guess what he’d of already signed a new deal.

Man I wish I remember who I ignored so I knew who the heck you guys were replying to. Guessing it be nasty if I remembered lol

On second thought ignore this post, it's much more fun plug and playing with potential new additions.

So "you like to argue" it is......

It is a negotiation. You are oversimplifying the process, and also ignoring the realities of contract structure and guarantees being more important that the raw per year number.

Would you want Tua @ 1m per? Obviously, yes.
Would you want him @ 75m per? Obviously, no

Somewhere in between is a number "fair" to both parties. Different ppl have different views on what that number is.

Why is that so hard for you to accept as the reality?

What a stupid question...

So "you like to argue" it is......

It is a negotiation. You are oversimplifying the process, and also ignoring the realities of contract structure and guarantees being more important that the raw per year number.

Would you want Tua @ 1m per? Obviously, yes.
Would you want him @ 75m per? Obviously, no

Somewhere in between is a number "fair" to both parties. Different ppl have different views on what that number is.

Why is that so hard for you to accept as the reality?
that was not my question. why is it so hard to answer it?

What a stupid question...
you guys are all making my point. you cannot simply say yes or no to the question. for whatever reason, there are people that want to pay him more than it takes to keep him here. dunno why you would want to give him $55mm per if you could be a better negotiator and get it done at $50mm per year. amazing that this is a controversial point, and saying so makes me a "hater"

Still beating that dead horse.......

Why do ppl sound like they want to underpay market value? That doesn't make for a good business relationship.

Everyone has the right to their opinion on the subject. You have stated yours multiple times. What is the point in going through the same debate again and again?

Are you trying to influence ppl to your side, or just like to argue?

I already told you, many think he is worth a top contract. You, and others, apparently do not.

It gets really old after the 500th post.. just saying.
Cap went up 30% and doing it each year for the next few at least. Meanwhile, pay Tua what he wants and max out the guaranteed money to keep us agile. I don't know how anyone else sees it another way in all honesty.

Wouldn't market value, by definition, be exactly what they need to pay to retain him?
yes. but market value is in the eye of the beholder. it is a negotiation. there is no magic number out there. for example, they could have paid OBJ $10mm, but held firm and got him for what they did. but they could have caved early in the negotiation, and given OBJ his number. you never really know, it is all a big poker game.

you guys are all making my point. you cannot simply say yes or no to the question. for whatever reason, there are people that want to pay him more than it takes to keep him here. dunno why you would want to give him $55mm per if you could be a better negotiator and get it done at $50mm per year. amazing that this is a controversial point, and saying so makes me a "hater"

You're asking a stupid question. How do you expect people to respond?

No one wants to pay Tua extra money. If you want to keep him, it will come at market value which will be negotiated.

that was not my question. why is it so hard to answer it?
Because you are looking for a black or white answer to a question that is not black and white.

In addition to that, you have zero knowledge from either the Tua camp, nor the organization about the actual numbers being discussed. That makes it a purely hypothetical or philosophical exercise.

Why don't you just wait until the contract details come out, then see what ppl think?

Feeling left out so let me adhoc this.

"500 posts saying the same thing - your disdain for our QB, can't help but have us to ponder that said QB, either caused you to lose big somewhere somehow or your Mrs was saying his name out loud in her sleep.

If it's the latter I can relate. Not a week goes by that I don't hear mine mumbling Reek! Reek! Faster Reek!"

Back
Top Bottom