Tua Contract Negotiations Start | Page 48 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Contract Negotiations Start

That reporter deserves to be unemployed, foreclosed, and bankrupt. What a clickbait POS.

The official Miami Dolphins social media accounts have displayed several images of Tua in the building throughout the offseason. He’s also seemingly hanging out with different teammates every time we see/hear from him.

Nope.

What's pathetic is you have a young, franchise QB who you are looking to extend for 4-5 years or so.

You look around the league. Bengals, do everything they can to upgrade the line. Philly, Chargers same thing.

Miami? Not so much.

This young QB has gotten better every year.

This QB also went injury free last season.

You are in prime position to do what other teams have done to protect their young QB.

You choose not to. Even though your pass protection is a downgrade compared to least years which was one of the worst in the league.

Then you wanna have an incentive laden contract, with concerns of injuries.

You did nothing to protect him, downgraded his protection, then expect this QB to accept it?

That's what's pathetic, IMO. If it's true.
Ok so your issue is O-line. You're not alone. I will say FA is not done yet and they very well may add another vet there. We also did give Tua more weapons at WR and TE which should enable him to continue to get the ball out relatively quickly. I just think from a contract perspective though any club is wise to protect themselves from player injury as much as they possibly can. I do want to extend Tua now but as team friendly as possible which certainly includes some injury protections.

Ok so your issue is O-line. You're not alone. I will say FA is not done yet and they very well may add another vet there. We also did give Tua more weapons at WR and TE which should enable him to continue to get the ball out relatively quickly. I just think from a contract perspective though any club is wise to protect themselves from player injury as much as they possibly can. I do want to extend Tua now but as team friendly as possible which certainly includes some injury protections.

Kind of. Yes I worry about the Oline.

Also, I have no problems with the team trying to negotiate the best deal possible.

The set up is what is sad and pathetic for.

I understand wanting to protect against Injuries.

This team knows Tuas injury history.
They did absolutely nothing to better one of the leagues worst pass blocking o lines.
They do nothing to protect Tua, then say they need to protect themselves against Injury? That's my problem.

Last year, I would 100% have no issues with it.

This year, absolutely have ussues. Had they made an attempt to better the O line, specifically pass protection, that's a diferrent story.

Had the team drafted a Morgan or Barton round 1, that shows a vested interest in keeping your QB off his back.

They chose a 3rd Edge rusher instead.

They showed no interest to make life better for Tua, blocking wise, then say hey don't get hurt. That's my problem.

If true of course.

And there were photos of him there this year as well.

remember this is not a question of how good tua is, and what he should be paid. it is simply a question of is he there or not, and is it part of a negotiation. no idea why it would bother people if he is doing this as part of a negotiation strategy, or why people would go after the reporter for reporting what seems to be the truth:

-first of all it said "mostly absent" not completely absent, so that is where the pictures are from
-the local media does not seem to be denying this
-the team does not seem to be denying this

story from sun sentinel, here are some key quotes from the article:

-Is Tua Tagovailoa playing hardball with the Miami Dolphins? Contract extension negotiations have been ongoing between the team and its franchise quarterback, but we may be seeing the first hint of those talks going a little sour.
-A source with the team neither confirmed nor denied the report.
-The early phases of offseason workouts are closed to the media, but the Dolphins have released social media photos and video showing Tagovailoa report on the first day of offseason workouts April 15, among other sessions where he’s seen throwing to receivers. That, apparently, is an anomaly from his presence for the rest of workouts, with the report saying Tagovailoa “has been absent for the large majority” of them. It’s a contrast from his offseason workout participation level in previous years.

remember this is not a question of how good tua is, and what he should be paid. it is simply a question of is he there or not, and is it part of a negotiation. no idea why it would bother people if he is doing this as part of a negotiation strategy, or why people would go after the reporter for reporting what seems to be the truth:

-first of all it said "mostly absent" not completely absent, so that is where the pictures are from

-Is Tua Tagovailoa playing hardball with the Miami Dolphins? Contract extension negotiations have been ongoing between the team and its franchise quarterback, but we may be seeing the first hint of those talks going a little sour.
-The early phases of offseason workouts are closed to the media, but the Dolphins have released social media photos and video showing Tagovailoa report on the first day of offseason workouts April 15, among other sessions where he’s seen throwing to receivers. That, apparently, is an anomaly from his presence for the rest of workouts, with the report saying Tagovailoa “has been absent for the large majority” of them. It’s a contrast from his offseason workout participation level in previous years.

does any of this matter?

no.

It certainly is interesting which takes you gravitate towards though.

Did anyone ever hear what exactly created the gash in Tua's bicep? That bandage was applied mid-game whenever it happened, and he wore it for a few weeks after that, which seemed to indicate it was fairly significant.

Did anyone ever hear what exactly created the gash in Tua's bicep? That bandage was applied mid-game whenever it happened, and he wore it for a few weeks after that, which seemed to indicate it was fairly significant.
I thought it was someone's helmet/facemask?

Back
Top Bottom