**Tua discussion super thread** | Page 34 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**Tua discussion super thread**

Can we ban anybody that suggests that we trade picks to move up for Trevor Lawrence who is not for sale?

Their casual is showing super hard.

Yup meanwhile “the best rookie QB ever!” According to espn keeps overthrowing open WRs in the end zone against the Chiefs backups

I’ll say this. I don’t know why Flores hired Chan Gailey. That man was happily retired. What was the end game there? There is zero to build with there. He will go back to retirement and now you gotta look for another play caller. Zero vision.
I tend to agree here. I didn't understand it then, and don't understand it now... and this hints to me that he might be retained for "stability", or else who will come here as OC when you chew through them one a year? Who knows...

I have 2 Tua jerseys so I love the kid but facts are facts. Package the Dolphins 2 first round picks for Trevor Lawrence or move up one by swapping 2, for the 3rd and our second first rounder for Fields. Worst case scenario draft Zach Wilson at 3. Tua does not have the physical tools or the pocket awareness to be a successful number one franchise QB. He is backup material I'm sorry to say. He is also one hit away from being severely injured. My opinion is free so take it with a grain of salt.

I was going to buy a Tua jersey after we drafted him but then my wife told me "don't you want to make sure he will be good before you buy his jersey? " Glad I haven't bought one yet. It's been too long since we had jersey worth buying , players come and go too often unless you have a franchise QB *sigh*

The love and hate for the kid is mind numbing. Coming off a different season, a major injury....it's a lot. I wish there were no excuses so the haters would...Um...find something else to bytch about but unfortunately Tua provided a lot of ammo for an off-season of doubt.

There is a lot not to like. But I still believe in the kid. I'm hoping for better next year. I think the weapons will be there..and a different OC. At least I wouldn't have to make excuses or find the silver lining. Sigh. That's all.

How in the world is it “obvious?” my goodness!
This

Hot takes coming in hot today/tonight/tomorrow

everyone just needs time to digest we over achieved on the season, a drastic improvement from last year, we have a rookie an to develop and build around

How in the world is it “obvious?” my goodness!

It's obvious he is not the QB who will give the team a chance at SB on rookie contract. If it is to happen it will need to be everyone but him.

10 games that's all poster's around these here parts need to properly evaluate a player. Wow so amazing to be so astute in your observations. All these years people been saying it takes 2-3 years to properly evaluate X player but nope not anymore not on fin heaven, on finheaven 10 games is all you need.
Arizona was able to correctly evaluate Rosen in one season. Of course, the Dolphin scouts missed that one as well.

The love and hate for the kid is mind numbing. Coming off a different season, a major injury....it's a lot. I wish there were no excuses so the haters would...Um...find something else to bytch about but unfortunately Tua provided a lot of ammo for an off-season of doubt.

There is a lot not to like. But I still believe in the kid. I'm hoping for better next year. I think the weapons will be there..and a different OC. At least I wouldn't have to make excuses or find the silver lining. Sigh. That's all.
Want to add more excuses?

Big dope Hebert after 2 bad throws in endzone against backups, runs it in and barley gets a TD thanks to a favorable spot.
Best rookie QB ever!1!1

I am known to see and speak what I see on a QB early (i.e see my Tannehill post history). Tua is playing like a rookie but let’s surround him with talent and competition and let the cards fall. I see some good in him, but I also am aware of his faults. Not trying to spend another 8 years evaluating an underperforming player. We got the draft capital to do nearly whatever we want this year...I’ll trust the GM in this case and what he chooses to do with this team moving forward.

Back
Top Bottom