Tua expects to sign extension with Dolphins: 'I believe that will happen' | Page 39 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua expects to sign extension with Dolphins: 'I believe that will happen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
seek help. please. i get it. you're pissed that your narrative on tua aint it and you're deflecting your frustration on me. i'm a big boy, i can take it but seriously, just chill, its football my man. no need to obsess
Pretty apparent you can't. :lol: Its too easy to get ya.

seek help. please. i get it. you're pissed that your narrative on tua aint it and you're deflecting your frustration on me. i'm a big boy, i can take it but seriously, just chill, its football my man. no need to obsess
Don’t argue w him. I’ve debated the point w him and it’s obvious facts don’t matter in his world.

Wait til next year to hit him up again…when Tua will again have played a season where he shrinks up when needed most….and what is obvious now will become even more obvious.

View attachment 162869

lmao and then he said "top 5 defenses" Burrow's defense

you're just arguing for the sake of arguing.. you know damn well Burrow, Allen, and LJ are better than Tua. You already conceded Stroud and Love

Just stop. You're in denial and I get it. I'm a diehard Dolphins fan but Tua cant win the big games. He struggles mightily against the great teams.

Yeah I know I’m arguing with someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about when they look at total yards for defensive ranks….

Goes by scoring defense that’s literally the entire point of defense to not give up points and what do you know Cincy right at 5.

IMG_7800.png

Also so what if a few qbs are better? There’s one qb that’s consistently won and that’s Mahomes, other then that every other qb from 2 until 32 has accomplished just as much so I really don’t find it relevant to argue if Tua is spot 2 or he’s 6/7th. Either way any qb you’ve pointed out including Mahomes and Brady have needed a defense to accomplish what they have. Like I said team sport, study the game and you’ll understand that.

Don’t argue w him. I’ve debated the point w him and it’s obvious facts don’t matter in his world.

Wait til next year to hit him up again…when Tua will again have played a season where he shrinks up when needed most….and what is obvious now will become even more obvious.
i dont get it man. I love this team but come on, it sucks to admit, and i hate admitting it but our QB is a stat-padding kinda qb who like you said it perfectly, shrinks in big moments. he'll beat the **** out of the bad teams and even average teams but i cant get excited knowing we're capped with him

Yeah I know I’m arguing with someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about when they look at total yards for defensive ranks….

Goes by scoring defense that’s literally the entire point of defense to not give up points and what do you know Cincy right at 5.

View attachment 162870

Also so what if a few qbs are better? There’s one qb that’s consistently won and that’s Mahomes, other then that every other qb from 2 until 32 has accomplished just as much so I really don’t find it relevant to argue if Tua is spot 2 or he’s 6/7th. Either way any qb you’ve pointed out including Mahomes and Brady have needed a defense to accomplish what they have. Like I said team sport, study the game and you’ll understand that.
remind me again, how many points did Tua score against teams with winning records... and then compare that to the guys i mentioned. THAT'S the point I was trying to make. Everyone knows Bengals went to the SB bc Burrow was healthy (he rarely is) and balled out. He can do things Tua never can. as a diehard fan, it sucks to admit.

Serious question.. not trying to bust your balls. If you're building a team tmrw.. and you have all QBs available.. where does Tua rank? I genuinely want to know. no judging, just curious

i dont get it man. I love this team but come on, it sucks to admit, and i hate admitting it but our QB is a stat-padding kinda qb who like you said it perfectly, shrinks in big moments. he'll beat the **** out of the bad teams and even average teams but i cant get excited knowing we're capped with him
No doubt man. Evidence kinda overwhelming at this point.

Of course…players can improve… but he’s too physically limited imo to improve outside the pocket.

No doubt man. Evidence kinda overwhelming at this point.

Of course…players can improve… but he’s too physically limited imo to improve outside the pocket.
that's my biggest issue with him.. outside the pocket.. he doesn't get there. no creativity, no ability to escape and reroute guys like you see with a lot of the greats. hes a quick drop back and its either money or if his read isnt there, he's usually screwed. but maybe the dolphins will surprise us and we'll get caleb. i can dream

that's my biggest issue with him.. outside the pocket.. he doesn't get there. no creativity, no ability to escape and reroute guys like you see with a lot of the greats. hes a quick drop back and its either money or if his read isnt there, he's usually screwed. but maybe the dolphins will surprise us and we'll get caleb. i can dream
Exactly.

remind me again, how many points did Tua score against teams with winning records... and then compare that to the guys i mentioned. THAT'S the point I was trying to make. Everyone knows Bengals went to the SB bc Burrow was healthy (he rarely is) and balled out. He can do things Tua never can. as a diehard fan, it sucks to admit.

Serious question.. not trying to bust your balls. If you're building a team tmrw.. and you have all QBs available.. where does Tua rank? I genuinely want to know. no judging, just curious

Tua played well enough to win just about every one of those games, go back and rewatch. Multiple dropped big plays, penalties and fumbles that took away points and tds. Could he of played better of course however his individual play was not the reason we lost and we should of won atleast 2 more of those games.

I have Tua in the 5-15 area and depending on certain things.

1-4 Mahomes/Allen/Burrow/Lamar
* Maybe Stroud/Love in 5/6 spot however one year of play much tougher when teams have tape on you.

7-15 cluster of Tua/Goff/Dak/Herbert/Stafford/Hurts/Purdy/Rodgers/cousins

No order^ and Rodgers is tough to rank because he didn’t look the same in 2022 and missed all of 2023 but the rest I think are all similar qbs that need a decent amount of help and really can’t justify putting any of those guys above each other think they all have flaws or weaknesses.

With that said rank them how you want if you don’t have Mahomes whether you have the 2nd qb or the 15th you better also have a great supporting cast, excellent defense and excellent coach then you’re out a major disadvantage.

Tua played well enough to win just about every one of those games, go back and rewatch. Multiple dropped big plays, penalties and fumbles that took away points and tds. Could he of played better of course however his individual play was not the reason we lost and we should of won atleast 2 more of those games.

I have Tua in the 5-15 area and depending on certain things.

1-4 Mahomes/Allen/Burrow/Lamar
* Maybe Stroud/Love in 5/6 spot however one year of play much tougher when teams have tape on you.

7-15 cluster of Tua/Goff/Dak/Herbert/Stafford/Hurts/Purdy/Rodgers/cousins

No order^ and Rodgers is tough to rank because he didn’t look the same in 2022 and missed all of 2023 but the rest I think are all similar qbs that need a decent amount of help and really can’t justify putting any of those guys above each other think they all have flaws or weaknesses.

With that said rank them how you want if you don’t have Mahomes whether you have the 2nd qb or the 15th you better also have a great supporting cast, excellent defense and excellent coach then you’re out a major disadvantage.
Ahh! lol so you were just arguing for the sake of arguing :p

You had the QBs exactly how I ranked them

I agree with your rankings. I'd put Tua in that cluster of Goff/Herbert/Dak/Cousins which is so weird bc Herbert and Tua are sooo different. Goff and Tua, physically are similar.

I dont really know how to rank Hurts and Purdy. No idea what to make of them. I think teams might have figured Hurts out and that led to the Eagles collapse and Purdy, similar to Tua, is physically limited which puts a cap on the 49er imo

It sucks to admit but i love watching greatness and man, seeing guys like LJ/Allen/Mahomes play is pretty cool. They can carry teams on their backs.

Ahh! lol so you were just arguing for the sake of arguing :p

You had the QBs exactly how I ranked them

I agree with your rankings. I'd put Tua in that cluster of Goff/Herbert/Dak/Cousins which is so weird bc Herbert and Tua are sooo different. Goff and Tua, physically are similar.

I dont really know how to rank Hurts and Purdy. No idea what to make of them. I think teams might have figured Hurts out and that led to the Eagles collapse and Purdy, similar to Tua, is physically limited which puts a cap on the 49er imo

It sucks to admit but i love watching greatness and man, seeing guys like LJ/Allen/Mahomes play is pretty cool. They can carry teams on their backs.

Because you’re arguing that he’s not good enough to win with which I disagree you just need to build the team however even guys like Allen have had their teams built and still haven’t won anything. You can’t determine who will succeed and do what. Eli manning won 2 superbowls vs Tom Brady and he was pretty average his entire career but he and the rest of the team got hot at the right time. The best team doesn’t always win, even the chiefs weren’t close to the best team in football but they got hot and gelled at the right time. Obviously much easier to gel when you have Mahomes but I don’t agree with the idea of needing a top 3/4 qb to win.

I have far bigger concerns with McDaniel’s play calling plays then I do with Tua.

Because you’re arguing that he’s not good enough to win with which I disagree you just need to build the team however even guys like Allen have had their teams built and still haven’t won anything. You can’t determine who will succeed and do what. Eli manning won 2 superbowls vs Tom Brady and he was pretty average his entire career but he and the rest of the team got hot at the right time. The best team doesn’t always win, even the chiefs weren’t close to the best team in football but they got hot and gelled at the right time. Obviously much easier to gel when you have Mahomes but I don’t agree with the idea of needing a top 3/4 qb to win.

I have far bigger concerns with McDaniel’s play calling plays then I do with Tua.
We can agree to disagree. QBs win the games when they matter, they put the teams on their back. Allen, say what you want about him, is notorious for being able to do that. Mahomes obviously. LJ is a beast. Stroud.. holy ****, i love watching that dude ball.
Tua just isn't capable of putting the team on his back and saying, I'm gonna take the reigns.

And we don't have to argue anymore, but oddly enough, I actually think McDaniel is the main reason Tua played as well as he did. Tua doesn't have the success he's had without McDaniel, and Hill obviously. Tua, to me is an average QB, physically limited, who McDaniel squeezed all the juice out of and got every ounce he could out of Tua. I don't really see Tua improving much next year.. Getting lighter might be his best option. He was way too "thick" and it slowed him down.

We can agree to disagree but in the end we both want the same thing. I hope Tua proves me wrong and gets us a SB... I just dont see it.. at all

We can agree to disagree. QBs win the games when they matter, they put the teams on their back. Allen, say what you want about him, is notorious for being able to do that. Mahomes obviously. LJ is a beast. Stroud.. holy ****, i love watching that dude ball.
Tua just isn't capable of putting the team on his back and saying, I'm gonna take the reigns.

And we don't have to argue anymore, but oddly enough, I actually think McDaniel is the main reason Tua played as well as he did. Tua doesn't have the success he's had without McDaniel, and Hill obviously. Tua, to me is an average QB, physically limited, who McDaniel squeezed all the juice out of and got every ounce he could out of Tua. I don't really see Tua improving much next year.. Getting lighter might be his best option. He was way too "thick" and it slowed him down.

We can agree to disagree but in the end we both want the same thing. I hope Tua proves me wrong and gets us a SB... I just dont see it.. at all

Tua can carry he did balt, det,chicago last year and chargers this year scoring almost every single drive. Defense has not carried a game in 2 years, their one chance vs Tennessee they blew in the last 3 minutes. As good as Allen and Lamar they get games where they don’t have to be great and their defense wins. Bills won by 21 vs the cowboys with Allen throwing under 100, they won the division vs us with Allen having 3 turnovers and a 95 yard punt return. Until I see a defense that can give Tua a break is when I’ll put more pressure on him. Every single game we win Tua has got to play well and that shouldn’t be the case with any qb.

As for McDaniel’s yes and no. He’s a great schemer which helped Tua however his bad play calling hurt him. Beginning of the year when offense was fresh it helped Tua but when teams caught on McDaniel continued to spam same plays that werent working like he was playing madden, would abandon the run game and made stupid decision on 3rd and 4th and short such as spamming fades in the redzone and multiple pass play when we should of just run it. The numbers of our first half which McDaniel was able to script were some the best in the league while 2nd half which is more of a reaction to the defense adjusting was I think worst in the league. McDaniel can’t adjust on the fly and doesn’t have time to script series because he’s busy being a head coach in between series which lead to poor 2nd half performances.

Last edited:
Tua can carry he did balt, det,chicago last year and chargers this year scoring almost every single drive. Defense has not carried a game in 2 years, there one chance vs Tennessee they blew in the last 3 minutes. As good as Allen and Lamar they get games where they don’t have to be great and their defense wins. Bills won by 21 vs the cowboys with Allen throwing under 100, they won the division vs us with Allen having 3 turnovers and a 95 yard punt return. Until I see a defense that can give Tua a break is when I’ll put more pressure on him. Every single game we win Tua has got to play well and that shouldn’t be the case with any qb.

As for McDaniel’s yes and no. He’s a great schemer which helped Tua however his bad play calling hurt him. Beginning of the year when offense was fresh it helped Tua but when teams caught on McDaniel continued to spam same plays that were working like they were madden, would abandon the run game and made stupid decision on 3rd and 4th and short such as spamming fades in the redzone and multiple pass play when we should of just run it. The numbers of our first half which McDaniel was able to script were some the best in the league while 2nd half which is more of a reaction to the defense adjusting was I think worst in the league. McDaniel can’t adjust on the fly and doesn’t have time to script series because he’s busy being a head coach in between series which lead to poor 2nd half performances.
1000% Correct

Tua can carry he did balt, det,chicago last year and chargers this year scoring almost every single drive. Defense has not carried a game in 2 years, their one chance vs Tennessee they blew in the last 3 minutes. As good as Allen and Lamar they get games where they don’t have to be great and their defense wins. Bills won by 21 vs the cowboys with Allen throwing under 100, they won the division vs us with Allen having 3 turnovers and a 95 yard punt return. Until I see a defense that can give Tua a break is when I’ll put more pressure on him. Every single game we win Tua has got to play well and that shouldn’t be the case with any qb.

As for McDaniel’s yes and no. He’s a great schemer which helped Tua however his bad play calling hurt him. Beginning of the year when offense was fresh it helped Tua but when teams caught on McDaniel continued to spam same plays that werent working like he was playing madden, would abandon the run game and made stupid decision on 3rd and 4th and short such as spamming fades in the redzone and multiple pass play when we should of just run it. The numbers of our first half which McDaniel was able to script were some the best in the league while 2nd half which is more of a reaction to the defense adjusting was I think worst in the league. McDaniel can’t adjust on the fly and doesn’t have time to script series because he’s busy being a head coach in between series which lead to poor 2nd half performances.

It's fair to make this assessment but as the QB Tua has a role here. Give feedback to McDaniel, if you come to the LOS and there are 8 in the box and it's a design run, then change the play, don't be robotic and just run the play. There is only so much McDaniel can do from the sidelines and it's up to Tua to execute. As for when we are in the red zone I have seen enough plays where he chooses to throw it in double coverage instead of throwing it to Smythe or Ingold who are open underneath.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom