Tua expects to sign extension with Dolphins: 'I believe that will happen' | Page 40 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua expects to sign extension with Dolphins: 'I believe that will happen'

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fair to make this assessment but as the QB Tua has a role here. Give feedback to McDaniel, if you come to the LOS and there are 8 in the box and it's a design run, then change the play, don't be robotic and just run the play. There is only so much McDaniel can do from the sidelines and it's up to Tua to execute. As for when we are in the red zone I have seen enough plays where he chooses to throw it in double coverage instead of throwing it to Smythe or Ingold who are open underneath.

Sorry I didn’t mention all the things wrong with McDaniel but since you wanted to say this I guess I need to. Tua can’t because along with being a bad play caller he was constantly getting his plays in late and also fell in love with motion. I also thought the offense is way too complicated as Tua spends a solid amount just getting guys to line up correctly then by the time the motion is done there’s really no time to adjust play calls.

Don’t get me wrong there’s things Tua needs to improve on but McDaniel’s had that offense so messed up at the end of the year it’s crazy.

Sorry I didn’t mention all the things wrong with McDaniel but since you wanted to say this I guess I need to. Tua can’t because along with being a bad play caller he was constantly getting his plays in late and also fell in love with motion. I also thought the offense is way too complicated as Tua spends a solid amount just getting guys to line up correctly then by the time the motion is done there’s really no time to adjust play calls.

Don’t get me wrong there’s things Tua needs to improve on but McDaniel’s had that offense so messed up at the end of the year it’s crazy.
Everything McDaniel installed is tailored to the strength of Tua, that motion is there to help our QB. The communication issues were highlighted in the loss vs the Chiefs it wasn't something that was going on the entire season.

Everything McDaniel installed is tailored to the strength of Tua, that motion is there to help our QB. The communication issues were highlighted in the loss vs the Chiefs it wasn't something that was going on the entire season.

It didn’t it was too much. Motion is great 10-15 times hell maybe even 20 but it was every single play. Watch highlights from 2022 there was way less motion and Tua looked great. It became stale and overused and teams adjusted to it towards end of 2023. Was way too overused and almost every single play. Sorry but getting in a play call with 8 seconds left then needing 5 seconds to motion does not help Tua….

The first sentence yes. The second sentence, maybe the poster thinks Tua needs to keep the line healthy.

It didn’t it was too much. Motion is great 10-15 times hell maybe even 20 but it was every single play. Watch highlights from 2022 there was way less motion and Tua looked great. It became stale and overused and teams adjusted to it towards end of 2023. Was way too overused and almost every single play. Sorry but getting in a play call with 8 seconds left then needing 5 seconds to motion does not help Tua….
The motion is what makes Tua effective as a QB, he lead the league in passing and the offense was ranked #1. The motion is there for a reason. If indeed it’s too much as you say then that’s on Tua for being too robotic and to communicate that to McDaniel but highly doubt that’s the case.

We need a QB that shows up against the quality teams. Tua can keep him healthy when we go against loser teams.

We also need our highest paid player to do the same. Can’t be dropping wide open TDs or fumbling into a scoop and score like he did against Baltimore and KC.

We need a QB that shows up against the quality teams. Tua can keep him healthy when we go against loser teams.
I remember when a lot of Dolphin fans wanted to trade Marino and keep Mitchell to be the teams starting QB.

The complaint at the time was Marino couldn’t win against the quality teams and that was the reason they couldn’t get to the SB.

Shula was smart enough to trade Mitchell and stick with Marino. Unfortunately because they never had a complete team during the Marino years, no running game and a mediocre to bad defense, they never won a Super Bowl with Marino.

Tua isn’t the problem with the Dolphins. An offensive line that was decimated by injuries, along with the loss of their two best edge rushers and a starting ILB was the problem with the Dolphins last year.

Anyone who actually knows the game of football understands this.

I remember when a lot of Dolphin fans wanted to trade Marino and keep Mitchell to be the teams starting QB.

The complaint at the time was Marino couldn’t win against the quality teams and that was the reason they couldn’t get to the SB.

Shula was smart enough to trade Mitchell and stick with Marino. Unfortunately because they never had a complete team during the Marino years, no running game and a mediocre to bad defense, they never won a Super Bowl with Marino.

Tua isn’t the problem with the Dolphins. An offensive line that was decimated by injuries, along with the loss of their two best edge rushers and a starting ILB was the problem with the Dolphins last year.

Anyone who actually knows the game of football understands this.
Tua has to get better

Tua has to get better
He has gotten better every year he has been a Dolphin. I certainly understand that there are still areas of his game he needs to improve but the only way this team is going to get better is with a healthy and improved OL and the return to health of Chubb and Phillips.

They also need to find a starting CB and Safety and a replacement for Wilkins. Until those issues are resolved, blaming Tua for every problem on the team, as some posters love to do, makes no sense at all.

The motion is what makes Tua effective as a QB, he lead the league in passing and the offense was ranked #1. The motion is there for a reason. If indeed it’s too much as you say then that’s on Tua for being too robotic and to communicate that to McDaniel but highly doubt that’s the case.

It’s doesn’t it became stale and useless, again watch 2022 we ran way less motion and he looked good. I’m not against motion but again 15-20 times a game not every play. We ran it every play then towards the end of the year teams caught on and it hurt more than it helped. Tua does not need motion as much as the oline needed quick passes to which year the motion can help however like I said towards the end of the year mcdaniel was playing madden spamming the same plays that defenses caught on to and refused to adjust. The short positive game was non existent essentially nothing in the 4-10 yard range everything 20 yards down field of behind the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom