Tua Fires Agent Signs New One | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Fires Agent Signs New One

Hopefully its more like a difference of opinion. Tua is probably realistic he isnt gonna get 40+ million a year here with his injury history, he is really close with Bevel and McDaniel, McDaniel has shown a level of confidence in him he hasn't seen ever from a coach. Hopefully he wants to stay even if it means taking less money, while the agent is telling him to go for as much as he can with the injury issues. That would be a nice scenario for us.

First, this happened about a week ago. Second, **** PFT, quit linking Florio's trash pile site. Third, why wouldn't Tua start negotiations on a contract this year?

I love how posters make posts with no basis in fact other than some dumbass like Florio just floating nonsense out, then when questioned why the excuse is "well durr durr durr, what else are we supposed to talk about in the off-season, durrrr". That type of poster is about the equivalent of those cawing hens on the view.
no basis in fact? tua fired his agent and signed a new one, seems factual. second of all, no idea what provoked your angry reaction. pretty dispassionate post with no judgement either way. did somebody pee in your cheerios this morning? where i do agree is florio is annoying. his tone and comments are often terribly judgemental and condescending. likes to virtue signal a lot too - often these types of people behave very differently in their own lives. he also seems to go after people, including other reporters. i think he has all sorts of personal vendetta's and seems to take them out on people. having said all of that, this is where I saw the article, and it happened to be straightforward so I linked to it.

Last edited:
no basis in fact? tua fired his agent and signed a new one, seems factual. second of all, no idea what provoked your angry reaction. pretty dispassionate post with no judgement either way. did somebody pee in your cheerios this morning? where i do agree is florio is annoying. his tone and comments are often terribly judgemental and condescending. likes to virtue signal a lot too - often these types of people behave very differently in their own lives. he also seems to go after people, including other reporters. i think he has all sorts of personal vendetta's and seems to take them out on people. having said all of that, this is where I saw the article, and it happened to be straightforward so I linked to it.
I really dislike having to click PFT links to prove something. It seems so counterintuitive. PFT presents opinion as fact and damns you if you disagree. I don't even need to read the article to know somewhere it would say you're dumb if you don't know this or something of that sort.

As far as my post goes, its not necessarily addressed at you per sae, moreso at posts like this regarding someone reading some trash by someone like Florio, linking it here then say lets discuss this garbage. Then when called out on it being garbage the defense is "well its the offseason, what else should we discuss". Like I said, The View.

I really dislike having to click PFT links to prove something. It seems so counterintuitive. PFT presents opinion as fact and damns you if you disagree. I don't even need to read the article to know somewhere it would say you're dumb if you don't know this or something of that sort.

As far as my post goes, its not necessarily addressed at you per sae, moreso at posts like this regarding someone reading some trash by someone like Florio, linking it here then say lets discuss this garbage. Then when called out on it being garbage the defense is "well its the offseason, what else should we discuss". Like I said, The View.
you picked a terrible example. in this case, nothing garbage about my post or the link presented. it was simply fact based and non judgemental. otherwise i agree re florio. he is a condescending toolbag. maybe start another thread in the general conversation section about how much florio sucks, i would certainly support that, and chime in in support! annoying he has the platform he does, because that guy is a first class DB if you ask me!

The agent probably told him a little too much truth, that Tua didn't want to hear. Namely, there is no big money extension coming until you stay healthy and prove to be more than what he has shown.
Maybe , but id like to think Tua is a smart enough to realize the situation. Enough to not overreact and fire his agent .

It could be as simple as the agent's availability when Tua wanted to talk to him, or just an attempt to get a competent agent for less money.

Basic business and nothing else.
Stop making sense, Ray! We aren't used to it!

Damn right Tua should’ve fired his agent. They let the media run amok with negative storylines. Flores didn’t want him, weak arm, too small for the game, should he retire, etc. The agent is supposed to paint their client in a positive light and Tua has been the most crapped on player since he entered the league.

Dolphins should fire their PR person and muzzle McD too.

Mike Tomlin’s *Rookie*QB had concussions too but is he fielding the same questions? No, because Tomlin handles his business and the media. Said they’re taking it day by day. Next question!

Not McD’s 20 minute emotional rants about Tua’s long term well being. Of course, the media gobbled that crap up for their 24/7 news cycle.

This is interesting. On the one hand, not uncommon for a player to switch agents. On the other hand, not sure why now with Tua (new deal is not imminent) and what would cause the rift? Leigh Steinberg who he fired is very well reputed too. Is Tua expecting the Dolphins to use the 5th year option? Thinks it is the agents fault if the Dolphins don't? Agent doesn't control the concussions or the Dolphins reaction to them. The timing just seems a bit odd, unless there is a personality rift between the two parties. But not sure why that would have developed now either when there shouldn't be much in the way of negotiations. Maybe he just wants a new underwear deal like Brady? https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/02/06/tua-tagovailoa-makes-agent-change/
I'm sure it has something to do with the constant media sniping and at the end of the day, additional revenue opportunities. I'm only guessing but I never saw Tua in a lot of ads. He kinda just played hermit when he wasn't fulfilling his QB responsibilities. He also may have been made to feel that the new agents could work the media to not be so negative about him. Again, guessing.

The agent probably told him a little too much truth, that Tua didn't want to hear. Namely, there is no big money extension coming until you stay healthy and prove to be more than what he has shown.

Naaaah, I think that the agent probably told him he should move to Pluto, and Tua said, "no, that's a bad idea, you're fired."

I have just as much proof as you, so it's got to be equally plausible.

I was just saying if it were me I would get a cheap agent for the first contract and then upgrade when the rookie deal was close to expiring. While I'm sure agents get a % of the deal, I would think a Steinberg or bigger named agent would come at a higher cost than some of the lesser known or experienced agents. Just a guess on my part but I could be wrong on that issue.
Pretty sure there's a set % for agents set by the the players union or cba or something. 3.something % or something like that.

Back
Top Bottom