Tua/fromm Debate

Discussion in 'NFL Draft Forum' started by Mitchell_NY, Jan 1, 2019.

1. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

Kids got stone feet in the pocket. His games this year against good teams he’s looked not so great. He’s got really great arm strength though I’ll give him that.

2. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

If we lose close games I wouldnt mind. I just dont want to see 16 blow outs.

16 losses by 3 points or less shows we are close to turning it around.

3. mrbunglez

mrbunglez Reading Is Fundamental Donator

I’d like either Tua, Fromm, Ehlinger, Eason, or Costello in 2020 as one of the QBs for this team.

4. "FitzMagic"

"FitzMagic" Well-Known Member

I don't get the love for Herbert. Every single time I watch him I see nothing that tells me he is a franchise QB. I guess it's the Gase affect. If enough people say it must be true. I would take Haskins this year as opposed to having to pray we can lay down enough for Tua.

I mean unless we cut all the fat, sign no difference makers in FA and start Fales that may do it. As for tanking, does no one remember Indy "Suck for Luck" campaign? Fans came to the stadium in t-shirts. Started Curtis Painter all yr. Very blatant

5. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Would you mind using punctuation?

6. Mitchell_NY

Mitchell_NY Rookie

it is still 16 loses doesn't matter how many points we loose by

7. PhxSunFan34

PhxSunFan34 Well-Known Member

Sadly, it wouldn't guarantee one.

8. Avigatorx

Avigatorx Sec. 107 Row 2 Finheaven VIP

Yeah it does.

Its not whether you win or lose, but how you play the game.

This year, we got blown out in losses and won close games.

If we are tanking, I want close losses. That would indicate the game is winnable when we get the right QB in place.

9. superphin

superphin don't go clown shoes on us Finheaven VIP

People have been wasting their money for decades what's one more season for the opportunity to get a potential franchise QB. We went 7-9 this year those 7 wins give me no more satisfaction than the 6 we won last year. The only thing that can satisfy me or this fan base is a Super Bowl win not moral victories.

10. dnespins

dnespins FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

ill play the coaching card with cristobal vs dantonio and hold that mismatch responsible for lack of production and say i can't do the same for tua with saban's staff. im just weary of bama QBs because they play behind the best line in country with a monster running game, and none of their QBs under saban have gone to the nfl and done anything.

11. DPhinz_DPhinz

DPhinz_DPhinz FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP Donator

Although I didn't specify '19 or '20, I thought that since we were talking about Tua and Frohm that it was a given that I meant in that draft class.

Mostly my fault for not giving that info, but just as much your fault for not being sophisticated enough to connect the dots.

This is what happens when you listen to do nothing but respond, as opposed to listening to understand.

Dakar001 and Crump like this.
  12. Geordie

Geordie A True Fan

This game again tonight (so far at least, he could change the narrative) is why I'm not very high on Fromm. His team has 7 points, he's just threw a terrible INT, commentators again making comments about how Georgia are a better team when he doesn't have to throw the ball a lot. I just don't see the IT factor in the kid, I see a serial "coming up short when it matters" QB, just like our current incumbent. He locks on targets constantly and doesn't seem to have that presence that suggests he can put a team on his back. He does throw a pretty ball on occasion but I think there is a lack of a football brain there, sound familiar ?

I can't believe this thread's got to three pages. It's not even close Tua is light years ahead of Fromm in my view.

DPhinz_DPhinz likes this.
  13. dnespins

dnespins FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

jake fromm looks like a young ryan tannehill. ill pass.

14. ChambersWI

ChambersWI Owner of the Palace of Wisdom Finheaven VIP Donator

From is a solid prospect but he needs to take another step in the next year. His stats are great but he still kind of has the feel of a game manager where as the only question with Tua is that sometimes he extends the play too long rather than taking an easy play.

15. TedSlimmJr

TedSlimmJr Hartselle Tigers (15-0) 5-A State Champ

Jake Fromm is your typical rhythm passer that tends to struggle against top secondaries and outside of structure. Good player and could be a 1st round pick next year - also could stay for his Senior season. However, I don't believe he's the most talented quarterback on Georgia's roster.

There's a significant margin between Tua and Fromm. Tua is a special player. He plays the game at an entirely different speed than Jake Fromm. The deeper downfield the throw, the bigger the gap is between the two. A lot of Fromm's passes downfield sail high and his accuracy diminishes.

You have to understand, Tua changed the entire philosophy of a program like the Alabama Crimson Tide. Furthermore, he forced a coach like Nick Saban to change the way he coaches. It all revolves around Tua now. That's saying something. Fromm is still a kid that needs Georgia's running backs to dominate in order to play his best. They're just two different caliber players.

It's more of a fictitious debate in all honesty. But a good discussion in order to understand the difference.

BobDole, Dakar001 and j-off-her-doll like this.