Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua has a quicker release time than Dan Marino...

I never have understood the ”weak arm” description of Tua. I watched many of his games at Alabama and I saw him complete many long passes and he had no trouble throwing any type of pass required of him.

This past season he was limited by the offense called by Gailey while he was in the game. Even Gailey admitted that he called different plays for Fitzpatrick than he did for Tua. With a new OC and an offense built around Tua, I have zero doubt he has plenty of arm strength to be a highly successful QB in the NFL.

Tua was an extremely highly rated prospect coming out of College.. He spent the Off-season Rehabbing a devastating Hip injury!! Without any Offseason and Limited weapons he shined at Times and Struggled at other times.. His Timing ,Accuracy and Quick release shouldn’t come as a Shock.. He’s a Talented QB that just needs time to Develop his Body now that the Injury is in his Rear view Mirror.. His work Ethic will get him to the Top..

No question, quarterbacks are getting rid of the ball more quickly these days. Still, that is an impressive statistic.

Arm strength does matter. You can’t leave the intermediate level of the field off the table. There’s plenty of timing and anticipation throws with tua this year where the arm is suspect. Or the balls taking too long to arrive I guess I should say

will that be the case next year? Here’s hoping it’s not

I will say at Buffalo it really showed but playing in the elements with the division and teams like kc is something we have to be able to do. And at Buffalo was what a 35 degree day with 3 mph winds...I mean it don’t get no better elements wise in January in Buffalo

His noodle throws the ball with the same velocity as Watson... Try again...

the problem here with this is most teams use the flats as a dump off. In other words I go thru all my progressions i flare it out to the dump and see what my guy can get.

miamis throwing to the flats as a primary which means we are trying to outflank the opposition a ton which also means the more velocity on the football the more chance to outflank. It’s a different ask frankly and different velocity required even.

when watson starts throwing to the flats primary I will give this more weight. He’s going there largely as a dump.

like just about 90 percent of the teams in the nfl are with their qb.

I don’t see any issue with tuas underneath velocity maybe sometimes outside the numbers it could have more but timing can offset that. The intermediate level is where the meat needs to be on the bone and the ball arrive with more on it. Otherwise there’s lots of defender arrives with the ball and “drops” in our future

as for the release yeah I can get down with that. Balls out of tuas hand quick once he starts his motion

Sorry, Tua is an above-average athlete with really good mobility and a strong arm. Better? lol This Tua denial is unreal lol He was really, really bad and I'd give up Tua, X (he's about to be a headache with his contract), and our 18 for Watson and be set at QB for the next 10 years.

It's not big or clever to write posts on a message forum under your daddies account, now get back to your homework, young man or there will be no treats for desert tonight.

lol Watson is an elite QB, Tua got benched twice in the same year for Ryan freaking Fitzpatrick. My goodness, can I have what you're drinking?
This is about release time and ball velocity... Wrong thread bud...
Yeah, not sure how they're reating these things, but if anyone came up with Tua's release being anywhere near as fast or faster than Marino's ... theyn they're smoking crack. Sorry, like the guy, but that's just stupid. What's next, you gonna tell us he's taller than the 6'4 Dan Marino too?

Use you common sense people.
There's actually a gif of them side by side showing their release frame by frame... Maybe check things out before you call people crack heads... Bad look for you...

Last edited:
Yeah, not sure how they're rating these things, but if anyone came up with Tua's release being anywhere near as fast or faster than Marino's ... theyn they're smoking crack. Sorry, like the guy, but that's just stupid. What's next, you gonna tell us he's taller than the 6'4 Dan Marino too?

Wow, that half a mile an hour must be a big deal. Because the anti-Tua and pro-Watson crowd would have you believe Watson has much better arm than Tua. Based on this chart maybe the anti-Tua crowd would rather the Dolphins trade for Love, Wentz, Keizer, Darnold, Trubisky or Jones. Of course they don’t have to worry about trading for Haskins since he is a free agent.

Yeah, not sure how they're rating these things, but if anyone came up with Tua's release being anywhere near as fast or faster than Marino's ... theyn they're smoking crack. Sorry, like the guy, but that's just stupid. What's next, you gonna tell us he's taller than the 6'4 Dan Marino too?

I think it's called a stopwatch dude, could be wrong. Freakin modern science !!

Back
Top Bottom