Tua: If He Does Play This Season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua: If He Does Play This Season?

I don't see the point of the never ending conversation on this topic. We used our top pick and highest pick in many years to get Tua. We were linked with Tua throughout last season with multiple leaders of the team including Ross himself at Bama games to see him in person. So, now we have Tua. Tua is not on PUP list and is working out and slinging the rock reportedly quite well. So, when he is consistently outperforming RF, and Flores thinks the O line is at a point that Tua doesn't need to run for his life each play, in he goes. Could be game 1, could be game 16. I hope it's sooner than later. We didn't;t get him to win the coveted best bench QB award...

I'll agree with one qualification . . . my change is bolded.
" So, when he is consistently outperforming RF, and Flores thinks the O line is at a point that Tua doesn't need to run for his life each play AND RF SHOWS HE'S THE OLD RF, in he goes." I have serious doubts Flo will pull RF is Miami is 3-1 or 7-2. I doubt fqans will see that, but I doubt Flo will pull a guy the team supports and has confidence he can win games.
I suspect even most of those who want to go slow with TT want him in ASAP. We can disagree over game 1, game 5, or game 10, but he has to play this season.

I don’t think you bench your starting QB when you’re first in the division. Tua does not play barring injury. I’m not saying the Dolphins will be great. I am just very low on this division.

I don’t think you bench your starting QB when you’re first in the division. Tua does not play barring injury. I’m not saying the Dolphins will be great. I am just very low on this division.
In that case we winning division. I understand thar part other than that u play Tua for next yr.

Come this year or the next, when Tau is finally the starter, he will be a badazz, and he will carry us into the playoffs more times than not in all seasons moving forward. We just need to continue being as patient as we have been; with the knowledge that our time in the sun has finally arrived - thanks to the coming of Tau and Flores.

Go Dolphins!

Bama/Fin fan here; What you will find is that if Tua's talent translates to the NFL and I have no doubt that it will, a great, great player.. Allowing for his inexperience, I would give him 1/2 a season as part time play and if he does play well; put him into game challenging situations...I have all the respect for Fitzpatrick and I'm sure Tua does too, You have a great situation with a Veteran helping a rookie knowing that is playing days are not far behind him and a talented young man who wants to learn and grow under him; while still competing to win the job.. They will cheer for each other.. A very strong locker room presence they will make this year... Tua is like magic, you will love him and you will love his passes... He will have growing pains; but he he will learn

Bama/Fin fan here; What you will find is that if Tua's talent translates to the NFL and I have no doubt that it will, a great, great player.. Allowing for his inexperience, I would give him 1/2 a season as part time play and if he does play well; put him into game challenging situations...I have all the respect for Fitzpatrick and I'm sure Tua does too, You have a great situation with a Veteran helping a rookie knowing that is playing days are not far behind him and a talented young man who wants to learn and grow under him; while still competing to win the job.. They will cheer for each other.. A very strong locker room presence they will make this year... Tua is like magic, you will love him and you will love his passes... He will have growing pains; but he he will learn

I can see Flo putting TT OR Rosen into games in 4Q when it's out of hand either way. TT doesn't have to come out an play an entire game in his first opportunity. Anyone who's played organized sports knows that 1st quarter played in a 'real' game is full of emotion. Giving him a small dose for a couple of games would hurt nothing. The critical part is GET HIM IN. Let him play.

I'll agree with one qualification . . . my change is bolded.
" So, when he is consistently outperforming RF, and Flores thinks the O line is at a point that Tua doesn't need to run for his life each play AND RF SHOWS HE'S THE OLD RF, in he goes." I have serious doubts Flo will pull RF is Miami is 3-1 or 7-2. I doubt fqans will see that, but I doubt Flo will pull a guy the team supports and has confidence he can win games.
I suspect even most of those who want to go slow with TT want him in ASAP. We can disagree over game 1, game 5, or game 10, but he has to play this season.

Totally agree, the OL and Tua himself will determine when Tua starts. My guess is sometime after game 6, if at all this year.

I can see Flo putting TT OR Rosen into games in 4Q when it's out of hand either way. TT doesn't have to come out an play an entire game in his first opportunity. Anyone who's played organized sports knows that 1st quarter played in a 'real' game is full of emotion. Giving him a small dose for a couple of games would hurt nothing. The critical part is GET HIM IN. Let him play.
I agree, one thing not related to this is about the injuries, besides the hip, all others were minor... Saban or his medical team encourages the tight rope ankle minor surgeries that actually increase's the ankle's strength and make the ankle much more durable...Yhis should help prevent any other future ankle issues

I think both NE and Buffalo can get to 8-10 wins easily without much contributions from the QB. Buffalo already did that last year. NE got less from the QB than most believe either last year and I think TB fans are gonna be surprised when TB gets 1/2 the TDs of Winston and 1/3 of the picks....we'll see where that leaves them. The Jets are the Jets but its hard to imagine their season going much worse than last year.

I'm not really convinced that this team can or will improve on its win total last year. It has more talent 1/2 of that is longterm project talent and other parts are free agent talent that usually fails to perform as well for new teams they don't have years of chemistry built with. And the coaching staff is unproven. We shall see.

I agree, one thing not related to this is about the injuries, besides the hip, all others were minor... Saban or his medical team encourages the tight rope ankle minor surgeries that actually increase's the ankle's strength and make the ankle much more durable...Yhis should help prevent any other future ankle issues

Either way Tua had a habit of running into situations and getting body parts caught in such a way that would lead to injury. And that behind a physically outmatching Alabama line, not a line of cast-offs, free agents, and longterm projects.

I think some mop up duty early in the season. Possible start after week 8. No mini camp or preseason he will need some practice with starters at some point.

I would love see Tua have season similar to Kyle murry..with less running but we will see.

That's really the question isn't it? I don't expect Tua to start right away. And I wouldn't start him at all until, or if, the offensive line comes together.

My guess is maybe eight starts, but what do you do if Fitzpatrick is playing well and the team is winning?

Back
Top Bottom