Tua is catching up... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is catching up...

NBP81

Its what you know for sure... that just aint so...
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
These are stats on a very low sample size, so take this with a grain of salt... I know Burrow is out but he still has more pass attempts than Tua so I felt it was fair to include him here...

Tua is #1 in rating with 95.2, closely followed by Herbert with 94.7 and Burrow sitting(Too soon?) at 89.8.

They're all very close in YPA with Tua being 3rd at 6.6 behind Burrow(6.7) and Herbert(6.9).

Tua also leads the league in INT% at 0.5% while Joe Burrow was 5th and Herbert 14th.

When it come to TD%, Herbert lead with 5% very closely followed by Tua at 4.9% with Burrow ranking 30th in the NFL with 3.2%...

And this is with Tua Tagovailoa leading the NFL in AGG%, which is kind of misleading as it is more of a reflection of the ability of his receivers to get open... Anyways, a whopping 27% of his throws are considered to be in thight windows, theres a 4.7% gap between him and the 2nd place. To put it in perspective, I havent seen a gap between places bigger than 1.5 anywhere else on the chart. Joe Burrow's AGG% is 21.5% and Herbert's is 18.8%.

Year 2 will tell the story after this line gels, we have some skill at WR and get some studs at RB. I have random friends I haven’t talked to in years contacting me and saying they like fins qb. Also my customers (I’m in sales ) who pitied me for being a dolphins fan now saying your team looks good.

2021 I can’t ****ing wait.

Finding him a running game and a blind-side tackle that can keep his jersey clean will double his effectiveness. The fact that we went 3 for 3 on our rookie linemen sure helps, but our line isn't finished and our best RBs will be on the bench next year.

This offense could be special by mid-season next year.

In college Tua was very aggressive attacking deep. It was something that really surprised me when I watched his college film (the highlights showed all those quick slants going for TDs). I think the Dolphins have kept the handcuffs on him a bit. He has clearly been getting more aggressive in his short time starting already, but I expect that next season we'll see a Tua that takes many more deep shots. Especially if we add speed to the WR room as expected.

In college Tua was very aggressive attacking deep. It was something that really surprised me when I watched his college film (the highlights showed all those quick slants going for TDs). I think the Dolphins have kept the handcuffs on him a bit. He has clearly been getting more aggressive in his short time starting already, but I expect that next season we'll see a Tua that takes many more deep shots. Especially if we add speed to the WR room as expected.
Before Williams was injured, Tua was looking his way on deep balls. Losing Preston took away Tua's ability to look deep... unless it was to Grant, or a seam to Gesicki.

At thins point, I'm not sure that he CAN look deep.

These are stats on a very low sample size, so take this with a grain of salt... I know Burrow is out but he still has more pass attempts than Tua so I felt it was fair to include him here...

Tua is #1 in rating with 95.2, closely followed by Herbert with 94.7 and Burrow sitting(Too soon?) at 89.8.

They're all very close in YPA with Tua being 3rd at 6.6 behind Burrow(6.7) and Herbert(6.9).

Tua also leads the league in INT% at 0.5% while Joe Burrow was 5th and Herbert 14th.

When it come to TD%, Herbert lead with 5% very closely followed by Tua at 4.9% with Burrow ranking 30th in the NFL with 3.2%...

And this is with Tua Tagovailoa leading the NFL in AGG%, which is kind of misleading as it is more of a reflection of the ability of his receivers to get open... Anyways, a whopping 27% of his throws are considered to be in thight windows, theres a 4.7% gap between him and the 2nd place. To put it in perspective, I havent seen a gap between places bigger than 1.5 anywhere else on the chart. Joe Burrow's AGG% is 21.5% and Herbert's is 18.8%.

excellent analysis 👍

Before Williams was injured, Tua was looking his way on deep balls. Losing Preston took away Tua's ability to look deep... unless it was to Grant, or a seam to Gesicki.

He can look deep but won't see anybody there. Get the kid some play makers and he'll show everyone what he can do. We need to have a good off season.

May not work, but I would like to see Mack Hollins get a few chances. Mack has never been a great receiver, but he did catch some deep balls in college. Mack is about the same size as Preston, and their 40 time is identical. Heck, give it a shot and see what happens.

I just remember earlier in the season when people were singing Burrow praises for his rookie start.

Burrow 116 of 177 for 1121 yards 5 tds and 1 int

Tua's current numbers through a similar point in their careers

Tua 114 of 184 for 1214 yards 9 tds and 1 int

Herbert 124 of 184 for 1542 yards 12 tds and 3 ints.

This not to say that one qb is better or worse than the others, just saying through their first 180 or so pass attempts they were each off to impressive starts.

Back
Top Bottom