Tua is catching up... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is catching up...

They invented a way to make money off of it.

I'm turning over a new leaf in 2021 so get used to it. It's going to be part of my new year's resolution to take time out of my day everyday to try and educate a few of you devout haters of the Alabama Crimson NickSabanAllStars.

It's going to be a great year!
>>> Oh boy, can't wait for that... 2021 just took a bad turn!
Make It Stop.jpg

I'm turning over a new leaf in 2021 so get used to it. It's going to be part of my new year's resolution to take time out of my day everyday to try and educate a few of you devout haters of the Alabama Crimson NickSabanAllStars.

you really don't have a lot to do otherwise, do you?

Dabo Swinney > Nick Saban

Trevor Lawrence < Tua Tagovailoa

Alabama < South Carolina

Me > You

For some grins and giggles reflecting some "hopeful delusional denials" I was looking for some place to put in some of the JetNation Sunday game thread comments regarding Tua:

Tua is such a step down from Fitz.

The thing with Tua is that I don’t even see upside. Small fragile QB with a below average arm- what is the cieling?

Fins wont take a QB

Why not? They are a QB away from true relevance and Tua has been bad.

Hey i agree, but teams do not give up on a guy that drafted that high after one year

Mahomes with his 3rd pick and a fumble?
4 TOs and winning by 20

Because Tua is horrible

Tuas right a 300 yards and I dont think a single pass was thrown more than 7 yards in the air

our old "friend" weighs in:
I'm not knocking Tua or Miami. They have played well and it looks like they are going to the playoffs.

First, you and Dabo the Great try not to lose to Notre Dame again, then we'll talk.

Notre Dame > Auburn with a lake
I'm sure the overtime it required without the best QB in college football makes Clemson really, really scared for the ACC Championship game.

Not that you're trying to have a real discussion anyway instead of trolling, but hopefully you don't completely fall apart when Alabama loses to Clemson yet again.

Tua is the best don’t need stats to tell me that. His accuracy, pocket awareness and ability to progress through his reads while looking off defenders is way beyond a rookie qb. Herbert may have prettier stats but to be honest I didn’t even think Tua would be this good. Thought he was the one but he’s far beyond what I hoped for at this point in his career.
That's the problem with people who evaluate primarily on stats. What matters is the process. If a player has the right process (and talent obviously), the stats will come. I didn't watch much Alabama football and I expected Tua to just be a guy who had great stats b/c of of how good his coaching and supporting talent was. What changed my mind on Tua was how good his process was. He has the best feet I've ever seen and as a result he is one of the most accurate passers in college history. His processing speed and release are lightning fast and among the fastest I've ever seen. His decision-making is not perfect, but is far ahead of the vast majority of prospects coming out. His college stats (especially TDs) were inflated b/c of what he had around him, but his process was under-rated. People who evaluate the process aren't worried about sample size and can actually make projections without waiting for 2-5 years of data.

What we saw against KC was him elevating a bottom of the NFL barrel skill position group. That performance invalidated all of those pre-draft evals that claimed Tua was only good b/c of the other Alabama talent. Tua will get better at doing that, but eventually there should be more talent around him and instead of elevating poor to good, he'll be elevating good to great or even great to exceptional.

I'm sure the overtime it required without the best QB in college football makes Clemson really, really scared for the ACC Championship game.

Not that you're trying to have a real discussion anyway instead of trolling, but hopefully you don't completely fall apart when Alabama loses to Clemson yet again.

I'd be really surprised if the NickSabanAllStars managed to pull off an upset against a great team like Clempson should they be forced to play them.

But just in case they do get to play - how much money would you put on Clempson and the best QB in college football?

I'd be really surprised if the NickSabanAllStars managed to pull off an upset against a great team like Clempson should they be forced to play them.

But just in case they do get to play - how much money would you put on Clempson and the best QB in college football?
It's a good thing I'm not a degenerate gambler that mistakes my addiction to the high as confidence.

But I will absolutely get a kick out of constantly reminding you about it after it happens.

It's a good thing I'm not a degenerate gambler that mistakes my addiction to the high as confidence.

But I will absolutely get a kick out of constantly reminding you about it after it happens.

That's what I thought

Back
Top Bottom