Tua is not the issue! | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is not the issue!

All fans want anymore is instant gratification. If your team drafts a guy in the 1st round that isn’t a pro bowler after 1 year he is a bust. Half the people here (seemingly) wanted us to stay at 3 and draft Wilson, Fields, Jones or Lance.

After 3 games: Lawrence (the most bestest amazing prospect ever) has completed 54% of his passes for 5 TDs and 7 INTs; Wilson has completed 55% of his passes for 2 TDs and 7 INTs; and Jones (ever the game manager) has completed 68% of his passes for 2 TDs and 3 INTs. Oh yea, their teams are a combined 1-8 as well. Fields made his first start and went 6/20 for 68 yards (a game statistically worse than any Tua has had). Lance is riding the bench in SF.

I have no issue with people who don’t like Tua, but it’s crazy to consider him part of the problem when the team does not put him in a position to succeed. By that very idea any QB we start is part of the problem if they can’t carry an entire offense on their back each week.

As for Watson…the dude is a PR nightmare waiting to happen. The NFL just brought female refs and coaches into the league; I can’t imagine they will look favorably on his situation when it’s plastered on the headlines of every news outlet for weeks (if he’s traded).
I agree that fans want instant gratification, and Tua has not delivered that yet. As I have said from before he was drafted, all this controversy was inevitable, as Tua was so hyped up he couldn’t possibly live up to fan expectations. The ferver around him and the pick itself was so off the wall, it’s why I first equated it to a cult. At the time, Tua was going to lead the franchise to an endless number of super bowls and instantly improve the OL and run game just by stepping onto the field. It was insane and should never have been so easily bought into by the fan base.

To make matters worse, the coaching staff played him when it appears he wasn’t actually healthy and didn’t really know the playbook. They pulled him from games in favor of Fitz, and then they failed to make a real effort to protect him. It would be difficult for any QB to succeed in this situation. That still, however, doesn’t mean that he carries no blame in underperforming so far.

Tua still needs to show himself to be the genuine article. It may not be possible to look like a superstar here, but he needs to at least flash a bit. He needs to take full advantage of those rare moments he does get to shine, and he is not doing it yet. That part is on him.

I agree that fans want instant gratification, and Tua has not delivered that yet. As I have said from before he was drafted, all this controversy was inevitable, as Tua was so hyped up he couldn’t possibly live up to fan expectations. The ferver around him and the pick itself was so off the wall, it’s why I first equated it to a cult. At the time, Tua was going to lead the franchise to an endless number of super bowls and instantly improve the OL and run game just by stepping onto the field. It was insane and should never have been so easily bought into by the fan base.

To make matters worse, the coaching staff played him when it appears he wasn’t actually healthy and didn’t really know the playbook. They pulled him from games in favor of Fitz, and then they failed to make a real effort to protect him. It would be difficult for any QB to succeed in this situation. That still, however, doesn’t mean that he carries no blame in underperforming so far.

Tua still needs to show himself to be the genuine article. It may not be possible to look like a superstar here, but he needs to at least flash a bit. He needs to take full advantage of those rare moments he does get to shine, and he is not doing it yet. That part is on him.
He’s shown it in multiple games last year, but some people want to turn a blind eye to that to support their agenda. He’s been looked down upon by some of these fans since he first stepped foot on the Dolphins field, and it’s disgusting imho. Nothing he does will change a haters mind, which is why we have some of these fans skirmishing for a sexual deviate.

He’s shown it in multiple games last year, but some people want to turn a blind eye to that to support their agenda. He’s been looked down upon by some of these fans since he first stepped foot on the Dolphins field, and it’s disgusting imho. Nothing he does will change a haters mind, which is why we have these fans skirmishing for a sexual deviate.
The opposite also appears to be true, as Tua cultists can’t seem to acknowledge any of his current faults, either. I felt Tua had a good showing in Arizona last year. It’s just that so much of the rest of the season was really mediocre. This season, he hasn’t had much of a chance yet, but he will definitely have to show more this year than last.

People are still going to be debating Tua when he’s on another team. Because whether you as a fan are content with him, the powers-that-be have someone else in mind, fair or not.

Tua is fine. He will go playoffs and supper bowls. Not with Miami. But he is going to those things. I am going with him! Tua up! Loved tannehill as well. So glad to see him doing well. Love tua and he will do great with Steelers or redskins. After reading the idiots on this board. Who needs the Dolphins. I am going with my guys.

And I am going to root like hell for Dolphins win Sunday. They will win. And they will upset a lot on here. It really will. I will make a zillion post about our victory. 2 and 2 coming up. So sorry. Not sorry

So I talk about QBs first 10 starts in the NFL and you throw a 2020 list topped by Rodgers, Brady and Mahomes... Good job! I guess... lol!
You say 1st 10 starts and throw Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in there...as if sane people ever considered him that high.

I'm comparing him to Taylor Hill, Andy Dalton, Jalen Hurts (LOL!)...and I seriously doubt if anyone would consider those QBs average, let alone above average.

That was my position. Tua is NOT above average.

I've been hearing that the Online has been the problem for YEARS...and it has been...but the Qbs we've had haven't been exactly rock stars either....Tannehill did do better but he was also sent to a completely different situation... For the most part everyone else went somewhere else and was the same or worse.

I'm just saying that no one will ever have a super clean pocket 24/7...the Superbowl Mahomes comparison is a good example...so in the end a great QB will find a way to win more than lose...when Henne was QB oh man did we have people dedicated to defending him...Tannehill still did too but holy moly did Henne have some fans going crazy...

In the end we can't control it because unless one of us works within the organization in a personnel capacity its out of our hands...
Tannehill was the only other top 10 (let alone 1st round) pick that actually was projected to be a good NFL QB in the draft. Henne made it to pick #57 for a reason.

Every other Fins QB that failed elsewhere was a nobody coming in and a nobody when they left.

Tua could be a bust and maybe he wouldn't flourish in a better situation.

But we've only recently heavily invested in exactly 2 top QB's in the draft. The last one is doing great behind a good line on a well run team.

It's disturbing that we see nearly identical issues (that are out of the QB's control) that were on display during THill's tenure here are still present for the 2nd guy.

You say 1st 10 starts and throw Brady, Rodgers, and Mahomes in there...as if sane people ever considered him that high.

I'm comparing him to Taylor Hill, Andy Dalton, Jalen Hurts (LOL!)...and I seriously doubt if anyone would consider those QBs average, let alone above average.

That was my position. Tua is NOT above average.
He's above average for an NFL QB after 10 starts... Its reality, I know your confused mind is far from reality, but thats your problem...lol!

He's above average for an NFL QB after 10 starts... Its reality, I know your confused mind is far from reality, but thats your problem...lol!
Ok...

He's above average for an NFL QB after 10 starts...you forgot about being above average for a left handed, Hawaiian, brother playing D1 football, top 10 pick.

Considering that he's the ONLY one who fits that bill I can see why you have so many addendums to your position.

If I follow your line of thinking that would put Herbert in the HOF after his second contract. Can't forget about Burrow and Jalen Hurts...Murray... Jimmy G...hell, let's put Bridgwater in there for good measure.

See how stupid that sounds?

Ok...

He's above average for an NFL QB after 10 starts...you forgot about being above average for a left handed, Hawaiian, brother playing D1 football, top 10 pick.

Considering that he's the ONLY one who fits that bill I can see why you have so many addendums to your position.

If I follow your line of thinking that would put Herbert in the HOF after his second contract. Can't forget about Burrow and Jalen Hurts...Murray... Jimmy G...hell, let's put Bridgwater in there for good measure.

See how stupid that sounds?

I know how about you post a meme about it? You know like grandpas and teenage girls do.

I know how about you post a meme about it? You know like grandpas and teenage girls do.
Ask and you shall receive...

shut the fuck up GIF

Back
Top Bottom