Tua is not the issue! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is not the issue!

Let's not overthink this:-

When Tagovailoa had a clean pocket - 99.3 passer rating with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions.

Herbert had a 97.7 rating with 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions with a clean pocket.

Surprisingly similar, but what also should be noted, Tua for majority of year was throwing to a much weaker set of WRs.

Why then did we overthink the off-season?

Tua has proven to be supcetable to injuries - let's protect him
Tua has proven, with time he can be very good - let's protect him
Quality OT's in the NFL are far more scarce than quality WRs

With all this info in off-season, why did we not then go for a Chiefs style makeover?

This was a strong OT and C draft. It's not like we didn't already have a strong D.

Just with 1st 3 picks, Sewell, Darrisaw, Landon Dickerson.

You can pick your own favourites, but the drafting of a WR, DE and safety with 3 of the first 4 picks is ridiculous.

Protect Tua, keep same D, should have been priority no. 1 2021
The question you should really be asking is what did Tua and Herbert do with a “dirty” pocket?

I agree- coaching, player development, areas the fins haven’t been very competent in over the last 2 decades… it won’t be realized if they don’t get their **** together and Tua may shine elsewhere
Funny how you say two decades,
Are you willing to guess who's been with our scouting, head of scouting, and GM for the past 21 years...kinda makes you think

Your post is clueless… Brissett has proved nothing, other than he is what he is which is a backup… Fitz was a bridge… Tua has more potential easily than both and is hands down better than Brissett
I have nt seen enough off none too make that statement..

The question you should really be asking is what did Tua and Herbert do with a “dirty” pocket?
So essentially the initial post is saying Tua is good only when he has a clean pocket. So he has zero TD's outside the pocket which is where do many great QBs today live. Literally just described what I've been saying since he was drafted. He is a pocket, one look passer. Way below average with any amount of pressure. Like him or not, this is the major issue with him.

What part of the problem was he in the Buffalo and Vegas games?
The problem in the Buffalo game is he got hurt... again. Doesnt matter why or how, its a constant thing with him.. The kid can't stay healthy. I bet you he will get hurt again when he returns and we won't be able to evaluate him thoroughly at the end of the year. Moving on after this year is the smartest thing to do.

Anyway I just blah blah blahed the guy because these threads about Tua sucks or Tua is this or that is just getting so damn old to me. Why another thread about it?

When Tagovailoa had a clean pocket - 99.3 passer rating with 11 touchdowns and three interceptions.

Herbert had a 97.7 rating with 18 touchdowns and eight interceptions with a clean pocket.

Surprisingly similar, but what also should be noted, Tua for majority of year was throwing to a much weaker set of WRs.

With all this info in off-season, why did we not then go for a Chiefs style makeover?

This was a strong OT and C draft. It's not like we didn't already have a strong D.

You can pick your own favourites, but the drafting of a WR, DE and safety with 3 of the first 4 picks is ridiculous.

Herbert threw 37 touchdowns and 13 interceptions in 2020….?

While I certainly think the Tua haters are obnoxiously opinionated about the guy, they are correct in some aspects. That being said, it is absolutely asinine to keep throwing this kid under the bus with less than stellar talent on the oline. And no..Brissett did not look like the better QB no matter how misaligned haters are.

I hate making excuses for Tua. I wish he's shut the loud haters up. But until he does, it'll be what it is.
Let me ask you this? Did Tua stay healthy his two full seasons starting at Alabama?

Do you feel his talent at Alabama around him was good enough against the teams on their schedule?

I took the liberty of looking you up on the net
7F0AF730-0ADB-4549-B19A-AE1D8FDE5CF1.jpeg

I really thought/hoped Grier was the guy after seeing his plan for a real rebuild. The acquisition of all those picks and putting us in a position to get a top QB. WOW. It sure does look like he screwed the pooch. so many mistakes.

I see other teams going through this and looking better. Buffalo, Carolina, Cleveland, etc. At least they are finding star players in the draft. ( I realize it took Cleveland forever after a lot of screw-ups).

Grier just takes players at the wrong time and for the wrong reasons and you can't miss on high first round picks. He liked Christian Wilkins, "the person" better than the player. He's a good DT but at 13 and over an edge rusher? Brain Burns should have been the pick. He was the best player available. They knew it was going to take some time for the turnaround so even if you had to wait a year, Jeffery Simmons was a better pick.

Grier knew he needed to replace Tunsil but after waiting a year and rolling with scrubs at LT in 2019, he reached for Austin Jackson AS WELL AS Noah Igbo. He could have traded the Igbo pick to move up for Wirfs or Wills or just sign the phenom, Trent Williams, who is still mauling people. Or do both and have top tier bookends at tackle.

I don't even want to think about passing on Justin Herbert.

Do some of that and you don't need to draft a Sewell or Slater this year and pass on Waddle.

Back
Top Bottom