Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 44 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

Try to keep your heads up guys. I know it’s hard. Other than football I hope all is well.
It helps ALOT when you take it for what it really is. A GAME that in all reality, outside of those that are intimately connected to the business side does, absolutely nothing to your life. Sure! A win is nice.

Anyway, That approach has allowed me to be so calm and collected during this challenging time for the team.

Last edited:
Please read this thread clearly be objective no Tua bashing please

Dolphins need to start to focus on getting a solid to dominate the running game and not just Focus on Tua. Why see the list below.

1. It helps your passing game be less predictable
2. It helps with a time of possession which helps your defense
3. It keeps opposing Qbs off the field
4 It allows you to dictate the pace of the game specially on the road as crowd noise becomes less of a factor
5. It establishes physical dominance and can create an identity for the team as a whole.
6. It also fits our coaches philosophy

Now let's not waste years trying to find the next Tom Brady we should roll with Tua and in next years draft do whatever we got to do to get a solid running back and an additional O lineman
Austin Jackson and Liam's strength in college and actually in the NFL is run blocking not pass blocking so play to their strengths. We need to get a mauler left guard as well in next year's draft.
Ryan Tannehill is doing a lot better in Tennessee with a solid running back and run-oriented offensive line. Tua's accuracy and quick release will make him a perfect fit for this run-first system.
Our greatest years were when we had a great running game with Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris and Griese as the complimentary quarterback.
It's time to look to our great past in the early '70s maybe there is our answer.
TUA is NOT the answer whether you like it or not.

Unfortunately neither is Flores, Grier or Ross.

Tua haters beware Tannehill and his team just beat the Bills in primetime. Tua at this point is better than Tannehill more accurate and elite-level pocket presence. Please do not do to Tua what you did to Tannehill. Durability behind this line is an issue I will agree with.

Here is an example of why Tua will never be that good. On his interception, he is quoted as saying “that was a bad decision.. I should have never went there.” Wrong answer. The WR was wide open. You actually threw it to the right guy, it was just a terrible throw. The fact that Tua didn’t instantly realize this, and understand the mistake right away on his own, shows he lacks a basic ability to process things and understand what is going on on the field. If he can’t figure out stuff on his own, and adjust on the fly, his upside is limited. If they have to go to film review to explain this to him, something so simple and obvious that he should have realized the second he did it, there is a problem with Tua’s ability to fully understand what is going on in front of him. One of worst interceptions ever. He stinks. Popgun pea shooter QB.

Waddle was open — abysmal throw. Not shown is Jags safety Andrew Wingard (42), who was 18.71 yards away from Waddle at the time of the forward pass, per @NextGenStats https://t.co/lCIx8Cwz4s pic.twitter.com/Dk8OyFRKF9

https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/dolphins-jaguars-tua-tagovailoa-ugly-int
Maybe taking him a bit too literally when he's answering questions on the fly? Not going "there" could also mean right at the DB...

Tua missed three games. All losses. So he was part of the problem. Availability is a skill. Loved the way he played against the Jags but I’d be willing to bet Tua misses more games this year.
Did you see how much of the middle of the field was open w/ Jacksonville? Good teams aren't going to allow this. The way to beat Tua, and the way non-terrible teams plan for him is take away the middle of the field and force him to use his arm strength to throw to the outside. And if you can get him rolling out of the pocket especially against his body, it's game over.

Dude you have a agenda. We get it. Its not based on anything but your emotions about the player.
There's no agenda at all. I will tell you when he plays well and when he doesn't. I thought he played well on Sunday. However, he started like a house of fire, then the defense adjusted and he didn't. Throws started getting away from him. He misfired badly several times and started forcing the ball. To say that he would be Brees with Payton is just insane. These blanket comments about how great he would be by comparing him to one of the best to ever do it is laughable. Right now, he's the 4th best QB from that draft. Burrow, Herbert, and Hurts are all better at this point. Burrow had a severe knee injury and has not missed a beat. Herbert has been the best of all of them by far and Hurts, who is average himself, has been more effective because of his legs and throwing on the run.

Not everything is an agenda. We're entitled to talk frankly about this. I've been upfront and honest about when Tua is good and when he's bad. Also about what I think he does well and what he does not. People on here that say he'd be a "superstar" with other teams do not realize he does not possess star qualities. He's a nice player, average in every way, but that's it.

His last 4 years of ratings for us was 92.8, 88.7, 93.5 and 92.7. I'd take that all day. Did he have some int's? Yes. But he also pushed the ball down the field, was big, strong, and always played. You know what he was? A bigger and better version of what we have now.

I believe Tannehill's skills put him in the range of 10 to 15 among starting NFL QB's. He was a high first round draft pick by the Dolphins and played some great games. When it wasno good for him in Miami he played great his first season at Tenneesee and earned himself a big money four year contract extension. He is a fine QB, no doubt about it.
One of the major problems with him was he just didn't play a lot of QB when he was drafted. He's really figured things out.

If he is that bad put Fitz behind him lol

I mean a fully healthy Fitz lost his job to a jag on one leg - says everything

Edit : a jag who didn’t know the playbook lol
He didn't lose his job because Tua was better. He lost his job because they wanted to see what they had in the kid. Again, this is another insane theory that somehow Tua took his job. That did NOT happen. In fact, the proof of this was in all the bailouts Fitz did for him. When Flo saw the games were helpless without a change, he yanked him. If Flores had his way, he would not have played at all. This was from the top.

Did you see how much of the middle of the field was open w/ Jacksonville? Good teams aren't going to allow this. The way to beat Tua, and the way non-terrible teams plan for him is take away the middle of the field and force him to use his arm strength to throw to the outside. And if you can get him rolling out of the pocket especially against his body, it's game over.
This is not wrong. He is atrocious throwing on the run. Just awful. No supporter can deny that.

it going be up too next coach on rather he want keep TUA or not.. i need see tua play more... right now idk?? we got to put up more point. that jags lost got me disappointing in dolphins...

There's no agenda at all. I will tell you when he plays well and when he doesn't. I thought he played well on Sunday. However, he started like a house of fire, then the defense adjusted and he didn't. Throws started getting away from him. He misfired badly several times and started forcing the ball. To say that he would be Brees with Payton is just insane. These blanket comments about how great he would be by comparing him to one of the best to ever do it is laughable. Right now, he's the 4th best QB from that draft. Burrow, Herbert, and Hurts are all better at this point. Burrow had a severe knee injury and has not missed a beat. Herbert has been the best of all of them by far and Hurts, who is average himself, has been more effective because of his legs and throwing on the run.

Not everything is an agenda. We're entitled to talk frankly about this. I've been upfront and honest about when Tua is good and when he's bad. Also about what I think he does well and what he does not. People on here that say he'd be a "superstar" with other teams do not realize he does not possess star qualities. He's a nice player, average in every way, but that's it.
Maybe you missed the 4th quarter drive where he went 6 for 6 ending in the go-ahead TD pass

If you need a running game for your QB to be effective he's not the answer. Not saying that's the case for Tua, but a good QB can still score points consistently without a good running game.

Lol yes lets play like it's the 70s and ignore all the rule changes and advantages passing has over running.
Tell to that Tannehill in TEN or Mayfield in CLE.

Back
Top Bottom