Tua is the answer- now get a running game. | Page 45 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua is the answer- now get a running game.

Tua haters beware Tannehill and his team just beat the Bills in primetime. Tua at this point is better than Tannehill more accurate and elite-level pocket presence. Please do not do to Tua what you did to Tannehill. Durability behind this line is an issue I will agree with.

I’m sure everyone has seen my anti-Tua post. I have to agree with Dream. Tua is the least of our issues. We need to focus on getting real coaches, trenches and a RB. Not an RB like the tiny ones we have. We need a RB that will punish defenses. We also need to get WRs that can stay healthy.

Maybe you missed the 4th quarter drive where he went 6 for 6 ending in the go-ahead TD pass
Punt, Int, TD, Punt, Downs in the 2nd half. You stick to that one drive, which was a very nice drive, but you cannot score one out of every 5 possessions in the second half against Jacksonville.

Punt, Int, TD, Punt, Downs in the 2nd half. You stick to that one drive, which was a very nice drive, but you cannot score one out of every 5 possessions in the second half against Jacksonville.
They definitely need to score, no argument there.
You said Tua started like a "house of fire" but wasn't after Jacksonville's adjustments.
in the 2nd half he was 14-18 for 135 yards including the the go-ahead TD in the 4th quarter.
Not sure those adjustments worked on Tua

Not really. Watson is not a Miami Dolphin so his record/evaluation does not start until he is. Doubt it happens. Tua as a Miami Dolphin has missed games every year. End of story. Regardless of how well he plays he can’t miss time EVERY year or he will be a career back up. Go cry under your Tua poster but that won’t change that fact. I’m asking all irrational boy band Tua fans to put me on ignore. I’m going to make you sad. I hope Tua is the guy in Miami. I strongly doubt he is. We shall see.
Nah. I never put anyone on ignore. I enjoy refuting the bullsh*t that’s posted on here way to much. Just like I did with your post.

All it takes is one game for Tua to be anointed King of the Beach?

Y'all some cheap dates if ever there was one....

Tua haters beware Tannehill and his team just beat the Bills in primetime. Tua at this point is better than Tannehill more accurate and elite-level pocket presence. Please do not do to Tua what you did to Tannehill. Durability behind this line is an issue I will agree with.
You do know that that game was won by Derrick Henry...as they usually are.

Tua was the best player on the field in his 12th game, he sure is looking like the answer right now
Actually Waddle looked the best inho, but even if we took your perspective you would need to admit it was an awfully low bar for the Dolphins.

Actually Waddle looked the best inho, but even if we took your perspective you would need to admit it was an awfully low bar for the Dolphins.
Not too many All-Pro players in that game, no doubt. To be the best player on the field in any NFL game is something and to do it in his 12th start tells me he can be very good. No one knows the future and it's very early in his career but Tua sure looks the part right now.

Please read this thread clearly be objective no Tua bashing please

Dolphins need to start to focus on getting a solid to dominate the running game and not just Focus on Tua. Why see the list below.

1. It helps your passing game be less predictable
2. It helps with a time of possession which helps your defense
3. It keeps opposing Qbs off the field
4 It allows you to dictate the pace of the game specially on the road as crowd noise becomes less of a factor
5. It establishes physical dominance and can create an identity for the team as a whole.
6. It also fits our coaches philosophy

Now let's not waste years trying to find the next Tom Brady we should roll with Tua and in next years draft do whatever we got to do to get a solid running back and an additional O lineman
Austin Jackson and Liam's strength in college and actually in the NFL is run blocking not pass blocking so play to their strengths. We need to get a mauler left guard as well in next year's draft.
Ryan Tannehill is doing a lot better in Tennessee with a solid running back and run-oriented offensive line. Tua's accuracy and quick release will make him a perfect fit for this run-first system.
Our greatest years were when we had a great running game with Larry Csonka and Mercury Morris and Griese as the complimentary quarterback.
It's time to look to our great past in the early '70s maybe there is our answer.
But but but but but we have Gaskin! The one who is supposed to be soooooooooo capable!

They definitely need to score, no argument there.
You said Tua started like a "house of fire" but wasn't after Jacksonville's adjustments.
in the 2nd half he was 14-18 for 135 yards including the the go-ahead TD in the 4th quarter.
Not sure those adjustments worked on Tua
He had 86 of those yards on the TD drive on 6 completions. So the rest of the half he was 8-12 for 49 yards. So, he was completing passes for a 6 yard average the rest of the half and he threw an int in there as well. So, I would say the adjustments did what they were supposed to do. One good drive does not make a good half. After the first two drives, it was a pretty average performance. Now, as I said. I thought he played better this week but we lost to a monumentally bad team and only scored 20 points and only 7 in the second half.

I thought Delvin said it best that good teams are going to take away the middle and force Tua to use the edges and throw on the run. This game was like taking candy from a baby with the soft middle. It's only going to get more and more challenging for him going forward.

Gaskin is a gadget back. He fits perfectly into the Patriots system just like Burkhead and the numerous serviceable backs they have had over the years. He can Block and make occasional big plays.
He is not a featured or play-making back.

Gaskin is a gadget back. He fits perfectly into the Patriots system just like Burkhead and the numerous serviceable backs they have had over the years. He can Block and make occasional big plays.
He is not a featured or play-making back.
I don't agree Gaskin can block. That is why Brown is currently taking his snaps. Although I don't think Brown is that capable in pass pro, he is better than Gaskin.

Tell to that Tannehill in TEN or Mayfield in CLE.
You are proving my point. Those are mediocre QBs who need a running game to be successful. I would want a new QB if I was either of those franchises and I certainly wouldn't give Baker the 30+ million he's probably seeking.

If Miami had a running game, Marino would have won at least one super bowl. A successful running game helps.
No doubt it helps, I never said it doesn't. I'm only saying that if your QB is ONLY successful when he has an effective running game, he is not the answer.

Back
Top Bottom