Tua jersey number debates and poll | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua jersey number debates and poll

What Number would you like Tua to wear

Votes: 81 22.6%

Votes: 39 10.9%

Votes: 55 15.3%

Votes: 38 10.6%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 37 10.3%

Votes: 29 8.1%

Votes: 80 22.3%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 25 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah why the hell did the Heat retire Jordan’s number? It’s not like it was a league-wide thing like the NHL did with 99, or baseball did with 42.... Jordan never suited up for the Heat, and actually knocked them out of the playoffs a couple times. It would annoy me if I was a Heat fan.

It has always bothered me seeing a Chicago Bulls jersey hanging at the BBC (Bang Bros Center)

I was really hoping they would un-retire it back in 2010 for LeBron even though I did prefer #6. I just wanted it gone from the arena.

It has always bothered me seeing a Chicago Bulls jersey hanging at the BBC (Bang Bros Center)

I was really hoping they would un-retire it back in 2010 for LeBron even though I did prefer #6. I just wanted it gone from the arena.
The whole concept of retiring an opponent’s number is absolutely batshit crazy to me. If the league retires it, totally different. But the Heat retiring Jordan’s number would be like the Devils deciding to retire #66 for Mario Lemieux. There is no universe where that makes sense.

i'm not sure why it matters so much to me, but it's unreal how much i've been coming back to this site to see if a number has finally been announced

Does anyone know when rookies and FAs are typically assigned numbers? Are we talking a matter of days/weeks/months?

Also, I know in the past someitmes people get numbers for training camps and the change when other numbers become available...That would be quite a way to sell extra Tua jerseys, haha.
Some teams have already issued them to their rookies. This may mean absolutely nothing but from 2017-2019 it appears the dolphins rookie numbers were issued between May 9th and May 11th

You gotta wonder if the reason its taking so long is because its going to be a number thats already taken and the details of it are being worked out.

I was under the impression when a number is retired, it is retired and no one can ever wear that number again.

Generally, yes. In some instances, the player who wore the retired number will grant permission for somebody else to wear it. During the 1991-92 NBA season, Charles Barkley asked Billy Cunningham for permission to wear Cunningham's retired 32. Barkley wanted to wear 32 that season in tribute to Magic Johnson. Cunningham gladly obliged.

I can't help but think the writer of the original article regarding number 13 did this just to stir up controversy/conversation. Tua will not ask for the number. Marino will not offer the number (nor should he). The whole idea of anybody else wearing the number is stupid.

Back
Top Bottom