Tua jersey number debates and poll | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua jersey number debates and poll

What Number would you like Tua to wear

Votes: 81 22.6%

Votes: 39 10.9%

Votes: 55 15.3%

Votes: 38 10.6%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 37 10.3%

Votes: 29 8.1%

Votes: 80 22.3%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 25 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Agreed.

The only exception I would've ever made was if one of Dan's sons or nephews were on the team.

No.13 represents not just a player, but a franchise for almost 2 decades. I know a huge chunk of us, (ages 35-55) sharpened our football knowledge watching that dude throw a football. Those over 60 remember a more successful era but recognize greatness and value due respect. Those under the age of 30 who don't know the same loyalty to DM13 need to be taught better.

7 people voted to give up No.13......SMH.
Greise wound'nt and should'nt have worn 12 when he was here.

Last edited:
Who's voted for #13??? Its retired for a reason. You dont bring it back at the 1st QB the team drafts just because he used to wear it. He hasn't thrown a pass yet and ppl on here have voted to unretire a number just because Tua is flavour of the month? Have a word.
Really? Tua is flavour of the month? I think he is a lot more than flavor of the month.... He could and if he stays healthy he could be a Franchise changer for the next 10 to 15 years. The poll is just that , a "poll" of "opinions" nothing more

tenor.gif

This is going to be blasphemous but ..... Bob Griese wasn't that good..... He was a game manager QB who road the back of a sick defense and awesome Running Game ( Earl Morral did just fine when he was out too)

Unretire that number

And yet Marino would swap every stat, record and famous highlight for that game managers two rings.

I strongly believe in judging players to their counterparts of the same era. As a QB who started his career at the beginning of the Super Bowl era (1966) by the time he retired he was 3rd in TD's, 5th in yards, 11th in QB rating and 2nd in wins. Personal accolades include most pro bowls of any QB of his era with 8 and tied for most 1st team All Pro's. His TD% is also higher than Dan Marino's which means potentially if given the opportunity to air it out more he might have been a more prolific TD scorer than as we know him today.

Eh i won't even get involved in this debate, I don't hate Griese but i just don't see him at the level where his number needed to be retired over guys like Nick Bonacatti Manny fernandez but i guess the QB gets all the glory.

Not really, it was a boring rant. Dan “Gracious”,
I don’t think so. The only time Dan was gracious was when he bought his offense of line Isotoner gloves. The old timers will get that one.
in·ter·est·ing
/ˈint(ə)rəstiNG/
Learn to pronounce
adjective
arousing curiosity or interest;
you read the article correct?
it peaks are curiosity so we read, don't have to agree with it, and I don't, but it is interesting!

Back
Top Bottom