Tua jersey number debates and poll | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua jersey number debates and poll

What Number would you like Tua to wear

Votes: 81 22.6%

Votes: 39 10.9%

Votes: 55 15.3%

Votes: 38 10.6%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 37 10.3%

Votes: 29 8.1%

Votes: 80 22.3%

Votes: 11 3.1%

Votes: 25 7.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Ask Dan first who knows he may want to see #13 flashing around the field again... most fans would

Umm... no fans would. I guarantee you Dan would certainly not want to set that. That number is sacred in this organization. It bothers me just to see it on the list. We've had very little to be proud of for 2 decades so the legend he brought to this franchise holds even more meaning.

This is going to be blasphemous but ..... Bob Griese wasn't that good..... He was a game manager QB who road the back of a sick defense and awesome Running Game ( Earl Morral did just fine when he was out too)

Unretire that number

Perhaps a little research on the rules and style of play of 1970's should be undertaken by you to understand the differences between football and the chuck and duck of today where any muppet can throw for 4k yards a season.

I'll give you a starting point, look into the Mel Blount rule and extrapolate to other positions.....

Blasphemous, possibly.....uninformed without a doubt.

This is going to be blasphemous but ..... Bob Griese wasn't that good..... He was a game manager QB who road the back of a sick defense and awesome Running Game ( Earl Morral did just fine when he was out too)

Unretire that number
If you ever get the chance ask Shula about Griese..... he'll shut you down quick.

Lets roll with #10 because I like a QB with 2 numbers. If it has to be a single digit, then roll with 8 to match Steve Young - another lefty, or 9 for Drew Brees since many feel he is the next coming of Brees.

Who's voted for #13??? Its retired for a reason. You dont bring it back at the 1st QB the team drafts just because he used to wear it. He hasn't thrown a pass yet and ppl on here have voted to unretire a number just because Tua is flavour of the month? Have a word.

Also, I don't think most fans would want to see 13 on the field unless it was a young Marino again, haha.

I imagine Millennials are the people who would like to see him wear 13. They are the same group that gripes and complains about the 72 team and how they wish another team would tie that record. Most Gen X and boomers realize what Dan meant to this team and the significance of history. Dan earned the right to never have anyone ever wear 13 in the aqua and coral again regardless of how transcendent a prospect may be.

This poll also should not include 3, 14, or 11. Parker, Fitz, and Rosen are not giving those up.

I imagine Millennials are the people who would like to see him wear 13. They are the same group that gripes and complains about the 72 team and how they wish another team would tie that record. Most Gen X and boomers realize what Dan meant to this team and the significance of history. Dan earned the right to never have anyone ever wear 13 in the aqua and coral again regardless of how transcendent a prospect may be.

This poll also should not include 3, 14, or 11. Parker, Fitz, and Rosen are not giving those up.

Ok boomer...

He can put 13 on the back of his wheelchair in 3 years, but not on his jersey. Let his pass for over 50,000 yards before you use is name with Marino's.

He can put 13 on the back of his wheelchair in 3 years, but not on his jersey. Let his pass for over 50,000 yards before you use is name with Marino's.
I love the Tua pick, but this was funny! Nobody better EVER wear 13!! Unless Marino makes a comeback!!

Dan might allow him to wear 13 but it would be a bad idea on a few levels.

Also, I don't think most fans would want to see 13 on the field unless it was a young Marino again, haha.

Agreed.

The only exception I would've ever made was if one of Dan's sons or nephews were on the team.

No.13 represents not just a player, but a franchise for almost 2 decades. I know a huge chunk of us, (ages 35-55) sharpened our football knowledge watching that dude throw a football. Those over 60 remember a more successful era but recognize greatness and value due respect. Those under the age of 30 who don't know the same loyalty to DM13 need to be taught better.

7 people voted to give up No.13......SMH.

Dan might allow him to wear 13 but it would be a bad idea on a few levels.

Dan's not going to allow it. I believe he would allow it, if it actually helped the Dolphins on the field.

At the end of the day, it's just a number. These athletes want to carve out their own niche too. As much as Tua might love the number, he'll understand why a different number is in the cards for him once he strolls around the stadium or team facilities and realizes “those” aren’t coming down.

I am pumped to have Tua. I think he's a stellar prospect with all the tools.......but Dan Marino's arm built the stadium he's going to play his pro career in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom