Tua may not be in draft rumor | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua may not be in draft rumor

Its conceivable he does go back to school. Finish his degree and rehab at school. Doesn't sound so crazy to me. The alternative is get drafted and then rehab most likely near team headquarters or in the surrounding area... Seems logical. Doesn't lose out on anything by deferring the draft in 2020.

i feel like we are going to force a QB pick at some point in the 1st round regardless of who is available.

i feel like we are going to force a QB pick at some point in the 1st round regardless of who is available.
I feel that way too, although force might be a strong word. I think the team will likely end up with Herbert or Love. I see Love now being projected close to the top 10, which seems high but so many teams need quarterbacks and we know they go quickly. Both of those guys have tools that can't be taught, like the pitcher with a 100 mph fastball. Neither is without flaws, or a sure thing.

Its conceivable he does go back to school. Finish his degree and rehab at school. Doesn't sound so crazy to me. The alternative is get drafted and then rehab most likely near team headquarters or in the surrounding area... Seems logical. Doesn't lose out on anything by deferring the draft in 2020.
Tua would lose out on millions of Dollars, if he would still be drafted in the first round this year. Which he probably would and wants assurance for, before declaring for the draft.

Tua would also be one year closer to his second contract, if he declares for the 2020 draft and everything works out for him - and the second contract is where the real money is being made.

This what I fear the most. Id rather see Miami get "their" guy then just force a QB pick in the 1st round because that's what pundits, fans, whoever thinks we should. Really would like to think that the collaborative experience in the room would take over and avoid a situation. That's what id like to think, then again I am a Dolphins fan so nothing would genuinely surprise me.

^^^ This is the biggest thing i fear. If Tua returns the Dolphins need to try like hell to trade that pick.
There's not one QB outside of Burrow worth a top 5 selection, IMO.
The value just isn't there.

I've gotten to the point where I don't care if he comes out or not. I'm betting he decides after the bama bowl game though.

Professional marketing at its finest, he’ll come out if he has a shot at top 10 or so. He gets injured too much to risk another injury which could derail his pro career all together.

Risk vs reward we pick him at 5 and he’s got quite a bit of loot in the bank. He plays another season at Bama and aggravates the hip he graduates with a degree and blown nfl chance

Tua would lose out on millions of Dollars, if he would still be drafted in the first round this year. Which he probably would and wants assurance for, before declaring for the draft.

Tua would also be one year closer to his second contract, if he declares for the 2020 draft and everything works out for him - and the second contract is where the real money is being made.

You maybe right. Not sure how much he would lose out on by coming out in 2021. A year healthier Tua a year later has less value than an injured Tua coming out now... It may the Sunday bong rips but something doesn't stir the kool-aid for me on this. Lol. I maybe a moron though.... Me brain no work good.

Risk vs reward we pick him at 5 and he’s got quite a bit of loot in the bank. He plays another season at Bama and aggravates the hip he graduates with a degree and blown nfl chance
I'm not even sure he would play. Rehab, Graduate, Mentor his little brother.... Just thoughts.....

^^^ This is the biggest thing i fear. If Tua returns the Dolphins need to try like hell to trade that pick.
There's not one QB outside of Burrow worth a top 5 selection, IMO.
The value just isn't there.

I like these things that you say.

If Tua doesn’t come out (which I don’t believe will be the case), you need to invest in the 2021 draft as your first priority.

Back
Top Bottom