Tua mental shackles | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua mental shackles

However, him and me came to agreement that we were sure Flo and CG have drilled into Tua's head to take care of the ball first and foremost. Don't take chances. Let our defense and special team win the game for us.
If that’s the issue, why wouldn’t the coaches tell him in the 4th quarter to just sling it?

Well maybe Flores knew that it was going to come down to the last game in freezing, rainy , snowing Buffalo with the playoffs on the line to let her rip . I love it! Go Dolphins

If that’s the issue, why wouldn’t the coaches tell him in the 4th quarter to just sling it?
Idk, not venture into any guessing. Still does not take away the impression of the ultra conservative approch was directed to Tua.

If the weather is bad, Bills may be more inclined to sit their stars. on the other hand it may be much harder for pass rush to be good in the snow and that may give both Allen and TUA more time to throw. Will TUA need to play more under center in snowy conditions? If so, that may mean 3 step drops and get the ball out. TUA should have more time to throw in shotgun unless snow gets in the way.

If Marino was playing tomorrow it would still be about running the ball and stopping the run. Soo it's not about Tua it's more about Flores Gaskin and company tomorrow.

As I was watching Shark Tank, it reminded me of the Phins showing up and trying to sell a win. The Sharks would all say...the fins have no WR's, their Qb hasn't played in snow before, the OL is young and inexperienced. The competition is very good. For those reasons we're OUT.

If Marino was playing tomorrow it would still be about running the ball and stopping the run. Soo it's not about Tua it's more about Flores Gaskin and company tomorrow.
I disagree. The offense still runs through the QB. I really hope the kid plays lights out and I think he will. But not to the standards of some of these instagrat generation posters. I think to the tune of 18 for 23, 225 yds, 2 TDs. With the Gaskin getting another TD on the ground with 150 total yds.

I disagree. The offense still runs through the QB. I really hope the kid plays lights out and I think he will. But not to the standards of some of these instagrat generation posters. I think to the tune of 18 for 23, 225 yds, 2 TDs. With the Gaskin getting another TD on the ground with 150 total yds.
That would be winning football. I preface this by saying I think they pull Allen after he gets his 40 yards.

Not against upper echelon team. Against teams like bills, I don't believe we can win with less than 28 points.
Um yes we can. You see, if we score 14 and the Bills score 13... we win! So you see, we can win with less than 28 points!!

Regarding the instagrat posters I am fully on board with.
Back when Marinio was playing and we made the playoffs every year that was the major hurdle in advancing our team we could not run or stop the run in the cold weather. So while the QB is important the key to win this time of year is the word run you used and that is not through the QB.

It’s very underrated how bad the weapons for Miami are right now.
The #1-5 WRs going into the season are all out currently and our #1 TE is too. Our top 2-3 RBs have all been in and out of the lineup as well. Our talent level at all skill possessions were already overall below average... it has truly gotten worse.

You currently have Mack Hollins and Isiah Ford as your primary receivers - this is literally as bad as it gets. There is not one set of less talented WRs in the NFL - and if you consider top3 WRs we are even worse.

This is such big factor that is truly not considered enough on how Tua’s “game speed” is not up to par. This is a bottom 5 RB room and a bottom 1 WR room. Tua has zero going for him on the offensive side outside of himself,

The #1-5 WRs going into the season are all out currently and our #1 TE is too. Our top 2-3 RBs have all been in and out of the lineup as well. Our talent level at all skill possessions were already overall below average... it has truly gotten worse.

You currently have Mack Hollins and Isiah Ford as your primary receivers - this is literally as bad as it gets. There is not one set of less talented WRs in the NFL - and if you consider top3 WRs we are even worse.

This is such big factor that is truly not considered enough on how Tua’s “game speed” is not up to par. This is a bottom 5 RB room and a bottom 1 WR room. Tua has zero going for him on the offensive side outside of himself,
But in all honesty... injuries hit every team. This is really where you find a teams worth.

In it's depth.

When we had a healthy offense we saw more explosive plays.

The combination of lack of playmakers, Tua’s inexperience, and conservative offense have attributed to short YPA.

It’s still led to a winning record.

Tua struggled in 2 road games and still gave us a chance to win the game.

Is he having some paralysis by analysis? Yea a little bit but we have Mack Hollins as our 1 and Isaiah Ford as our 2. Who wouldn’t be hesitant slinging it?

Our offense in the red zone is significantly more effective under Tua than Fitzpatrick. There are positives he brings to the table but there will be growing pains especially with this limp lineup. Other QBs have looked far worse with more than what Tua has to work with.

This is confusing. When Tannehill was QB I was told here that great players elevate the play of his teammates. Now that Tagovailoa is under center, that ain’t true anymore?

Back
Top Bottom