Tua named starter | Page 35 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua named starter

I think those of you who are trying to argue with the individuals who think Tua will be a bust are just wasting your time. Obviously these few individuals have already decided that Tua is overrated and the Dolphins will be drafting another QB in the near future. Of course since Tua has thrown a grand total of 2 passes in the NFL, no one can be sure exactly how his career will develop. Personally my only concern with Tua is whether or not his hip will hold up once he gets blindsided. Otherwise I am not concerned with anything else at this point in regards to his ability to be an excellent NFL QB.

Compared to Wilson, Brees, Murray, he is taller and weights more than any of these QB’s. He may not have the strongest arm but he is extremely accurate and is able to quickly find the open receiver. He moves well in the pocket and is football smart. Right now we hope he is the long term answer at the QB position for the Dolphins but as with any rookie QB, he will need time to develop into the QB we hope he will be.Hopefully fans will not expect Tua to be an all pro QB immediately. He will have his ups and downs just like every QB in the league does and being a rookie will only make it more difficult for him as he learns to adjust to the NFL.

For those who are convinced that Tua will fail and another QB like Lawrence will have a better career than Tua. I don’t agree with you but I certainly think you are entitled to your opinion.

Love what's developing w the Dolphins.. but compared to other sports messageboards (e.g. NYGiants where I still hang out) it's really user-hostile.. otherwise I'd come here more often.
See ya next time something big happens.
Don't sweat it, man, just step around the dog dirt piles, we'll clean it up when we see it. Don't let it ruin your experience...

Oooff. My condolences on the Giants Krapdetector. I really hope Jones can pull it together and felt horrible for Barkley.

I see a lot of the media bashing the move because of how Fitz has been playing. Most of them are flat out ridiculous like Dan Orlovsky saying we have a terrible offensive line. Have you watched the games?

I can understand it if you have watched and said ok, well we haven't been able to run the ball very well, BUT to say its been bad is just plain stupid considering how bad it was last year.

This has been the plan all along and we are gonna ride with Tua from this point forward. All the haters and naysayers can say whatever they want, but once those TD's start coming in bunches they are going to shut up real quick.
The media has been wrong from every possible angle regarding Miami this week.

I’ve heard things like Miami gave up on Tannehill for Cutler (lol ok)

Tua needs to sit out the whole season like Mahomes and look at him now. Ok totally different situations here.

Tua needs more time for his hip. People he’s healthy, he’s been on the injury report once this season and that was for a cold. More time isn’t going to make his hip stronger.

Then there’s oh but you won 2 straight with Fitzpatrick. Miami beat the Jets because they’re terrible, Fitz couldn’t lead Miami to a 3rd down conversion and had a bad red zone int. Fitz blew short field after short field after short field. Fitz has been terrible every game but the Jacksonville and San Francisco ones.

Love what's developing w the Dolphins.. but compared to other sports messageboards (e.g. NYGiants where I still hang out) it's really user-hostile.. otherwise I'd come here more often.
See ya next time something big happens.
You obviously don’t read a lot of other message boards. Because I frequently read the comments of fans around the league and I find that they are just as hostile as Dolphin fans are when their team isn’t playing up to the standards they expect them to be playing. Last week I went onto the 49ers fan forum while they were playing the Dolphins and the majority of the fans wanted the DC fired and they were stating that the 49ers would be lucky to win 5 games this season.

These are the same 49ers who were in the SB earlier this year and have suffered numerous injuries to key starters. Yet their fans were on the forum ranting about the the coaches and players.Even on the Giants forum many of the fans are already calling Jones a bust and they are ready to start over with a new QB. The Dolphin fans are lambs compared to the Jets fan who have been blasting the owner, coaches, and the players for years.

So I just don’t see where the Dolphin fans are more hostile than other fans who have had mediocre or bad teams for the last several years. Personally I think the vast majority of the posters on this forum are more informative and positive regarding the Dolphins than the fans of other teams around the league.

I don’t agree with the move to switch right now but my love for the player and excitement make me tell myself to STFU..

Parker, Gesicki, Williams, those dudes better elevate their game, get off the LOS quick as hell and get their heads and hands into position quicker then They’ve been doing..everything speeds up when he’s playing.

Just learn how to slide like Ky,er and Russ and you’ll be unstoppable.

Stadium will be electric, city state and country will only be watching..

Tua can’t fail, because he has inherent accuracy that he can always rely on..

oh yeah and I’ve said this from the get, fastest release in the game, faster than Dan, it’s wicked fast When he wants.

You obviously don’t read a lot of other message boards. Because I frequently read the comments of fans around the league and I find that they are just as hostile as Dolphin fans are when their team isn’t playing up to the standards they expect them to be playing. Last week I went onto the 49ers fan forum while they were playing the Dolphins and the majority of the fans wanted the DC fired and they were stating that the 49ers would be lucky to win 5 games this season.

These are the same 49ers who were in the SB earlier this year and have suffered numerous injuries to key starters. Yet their fans were on the forum ranting about the the coaches and players.Even on the Giants forum many of the fans are already calling Jones a bust and they are ready to start over with a new QB. The Dolphin fans are lambs compared to the Jets fan who have been blasting the owner, coaches, and the players for years.

So I just don’t see where the Dolphin fans are more hostile than other fans who have had mediocre or bad teams for the last several years. Personally I think the vast majority of the posters on this forum are more informative and positive regarding the Dolphins than the fans of other teams around the league.
I can't speak for him but I think he means towards each other. All fans are hostile towards the coaches and players when things aren't going well but some do seem eager to jump down throats here.

I don’t agree with the move to switch right now but my love for the player and excitement make me tell myself to STFU..

Parker, Gesicki, Williams, those dudes better elevate their game, get off the LOS quick as hell and get their heads and hands into position quicker then They’ve been doing..everything speeds up when he’s playing.

Just learn how to slide like Ky,er and Russ and you’ll be unstoppable.

Stadium will be electric, city state and country will only be watching..

Tua can’t fail, because he has inherent accuracy that he can always rely on..

oh yeah and I’ve said this from the get, fastest release in the game, faster than Dan, it’s wicked fast When he wants.
DJ ya lost me Brother when saying his release is faster than Dans. The only current QB who comes close is Aaron Rodgers.

DJ ya lost me Brother when saying his release is faster than Dans. The only current QB who comes close is Aaron Rodgers.
I really believe it is 13, ive Spent a lot of time on it..

the best video that displays his release and throwing mechanics where if you watch closely your gonna feel the torque and speed is this video.

The video is littered with lighting fast release examples.

Watch it close and tell me your thoughts, stop at 3:42 and watch that one twice.

I really believe it is 13, ive Spent a lot of time on it..

the best video that displays his release and throwing mechanics where if you watch closely your gonna feel the torque and speed is this video.

The video is littered with lighting fast release examples.

Watch it close and tell me your thoughts, stop at 3:42 and watch that one twice.

He gets it from a combination of his short throwing motion and the lower body torque. His hips are central to this. He uses a motion similar to what pitchers use and that obviously comes from his time playing baseball. It's the twist in his hips that generate the torque, a bit unorthodox compared to ideal football throwing mechanics but it worked for him, obviously. lol

Back
Top Bottom