Tua over under career playoff wins. 5.5 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua over under career playoff wins. 5.5

Over/Under Tua's career playoff wins

• Total voters
Lol, what's even more nuts is Mahomes would need atleast 7 more years of making it to the SB just to tie Brady.

Being a 1 or 2 seed actually hurts you here. Which again, as much as I hate to say it, shows just how great a run Brady had
2 seed doesn’t get a bye anymore.

It would be interesting to see how many QBs have over 5.5 playoff career wins who started with 0 in first four seasons.

It would be interesting to see how many QBs have over 5.5 playoff career wins who started with 0 in first four seasons.
I don’t know the answer, but I bet it’s going to be guys like Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson who were backups or went from team to team before finally finding the right system/coach. I’m sure Trent Dilfer would be on that list too, though I don’t know if any of them actually have 5 wins.

Edit: I have one. Matt Hasslebeck. Was a starter from 1999-2003 before he won his 1st playoff game in 2004. He went 5-6 in the playoffs in his career. That’s under 5.5 though, isn’t it? lol. Close enough?

Last edited:

It took both Payton Manning (2003) and Drew Brees (2007) until their 6th and 7th seasons respectively to get their first playoff win.

2 Hall of famers.

So Tua has 1 more season to get off to a better start. When you have a QB who plays good enough to consistently get his team to the playoffs, it's more attainable.

Something Tua has no problem doing under Mcdaniel.

I don’t know the answer, but I bet it’s going to be guys like Rich Gannon and Brad Johnson who were backups or went from team to team before finally finding the right system/coach. I’m sure Trent Dilfer would be on that list too, though I don’t know if any of them actually have 5 wins.

Edit: I have one. Matt Hasslebeck. Was a starter from 1999-2003 before he won his 1st playoff game in 2004. He went 5-6 in the playoffs in his career. That’s under 5.5 though, isn’t it? lol. Close enough?
Brad Johnson only has 4 playoff wins, the others you listed have 5. I doubt you threw that out without looking it up but if you didn't, get help

:)

Brad Johnson only has 4 playoff wins, the others you listed have 5. I doubt you threw that out without looking it up but if you didn't, get help

:)
The only one I looked up was Hasslebeck. The others were were simply educated guesses and weren’t too hard.

I had watched Gannon and Johnson both win Super Bowls, so I knew they had 3, at least, and both bounced around the league before actually making names for themselves. I also knew the Raiders had a few playoff wins before that so 5 made sense. Same held true with Johnson, who I knew had some playoff games with Tampa and Minnesota before winning the Super Bowl. I mean, I’ve been watching football since 1982, so it wasn’t too tough to think about likely candidates, which is why I figured it would be guys like them, but i honestly wasn’t sure if they even had 5.

Same with Dilfer. I knew he won a Super Bowl, I knew the Ravens won some other playoff games with him, and knew he was drafted by Tampa and didn’t have much success there.

Hasslebeck I looked up because I knew what year he was drafted and had a decent idea of when the Seahawks became good under Holmgren, but wasn’t sure.

Sheet music and sports are the two things I seem to have a decent memory for.

Edit:Totally botched quoting the original post, somehow. And conveyed the wrong tone.

Last edited:
I went with the under because I think it’s a safer bet. If Tua got to 6 wins, he’d be tied for 24th all time for QB playoff wins. Dan Marino had a 17-year Hall of Fame career and only won 8 playoff games. It’s just a lot more difficult to reach than most people would think.
Same I went under. He’s already 5 years into his career. We could win a SB w him but the AFC and AFCE are loaded w excellent QBs during his prime years. Going to be tough + he’s not very durable. I’m a fan of his, just don’t see him lasting long enough to accumulate 6 wins.

The only one I looked up was Hasslebeck. The others were were simply educated guesses and weren’t too hard.

I had watched Gannon and Johnson both win Super Bowls, so I knew they had 3, at least, and both bounced around the league before actually making names for themselves. I also knew the Raiders had a few playoff wins before that so 5 made sense. Same held true with Johnson, who I knew had some playoff games with Tampa and Minnesota before winning the Super Bowl. I mean, I’ve been watching football since 1982, so it wasn’t too tough to think about likely candidates, which is why I figured it would be guys like them, but i honestly wasn’t sure if they even had 5.

Same with Dilfer. I knew he won a Super Bowl, I knew the Ravens won some other playoff games with him, and knew he was drafted by Tampa and didn’t have much success there.

Hasslebeck I looked up because I knew what year he was drafted and had a decent idea of when the Seahawks became good under Holmgren, but wasn’t sure.

Edit:Totally botched quoting the original post, somehow. And conveyed the wrong tone.
I know what you are saying but I don’t think Gannon won a SB. Johnson and Dilfer both did thanks to playing for teams that had record setting defenses those years. The Ravens thought so highly of Dilfer that they dumped him for Elvis Grbac right after the SB. Tua is better than those guys ever were.

I still don’t see Tua winning 6 playoff games given he’s got 0 now and he’s 5 years in + not a very durable guy / said he thought about retiring after that concussion-fest of a season he had 2 years back.

Same I went under. He’s already 5 years into his career. We could win a SB w him but the AFC and AFCE are loaded w excellent QBs during his prime years. Going to be tough + he’s not very durable. I’m a fan of his, just don’t see him lasting long enough to accumulate 6 wins.
That’s the problem, right? When a conference is loaded like the AFC, it’s just so hard to win consistently, unless so many things go right, year after year.
I know what you are saying but I don’t think Gannon won a SB. Johnson and Dilfer both did thanks to playing for teams that had record setting defenses those years. The Ravens thought so highly of Dilfer that they dumped him for Elvis Grbac right after the SB. Tua is better than those guys ever were.

I still don’t see Tua winning 6 playoff games given he’s got 0 now and he’s 5 years in + not a very durable guy / said he thought about retiring after that concussion-fest of a season he had 2 years back.
Oh, you are 100% correct. I knew it as soon as I saw you post it. Damn! He lost to Johnson and the Bucs, right?

So much for my decent memory.

That’s the problem, right? When a conference is loaded like the AFC, it’s just so hard to win consistently, unless so many things go right, year after year.

Oh, you are 100% correct. I knew it as soon as I saw you post it. Damn! He lost to Johnson and the Bucs, right?

So much for my decent memory.
Dude - I used to have pride in my memory of this **** but I’m slipping. Getting old sucks

Over under 5.5 training camp practices is more practical.

The absurdity of this thread when we haven't won one in 20+ years and a calendar year ago he was contemplating retirement.

Back
Top Bottom