Tua Ranked 8th For ROTY chances | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Ranked 8th For ROTY chances

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Good read. I know it's silly as he hasn't even had a snap and we have a good amount of new peeps in front of him that need to gel.

Is Fin-Loco the new FinFan83? Two stories in a row:)

Lol, good job, you need to cover for me the next few days.

I wouldn’t read too much into the rankings yet either. We don’t even know when he’s going to take the field yet. Guys like Burrow will start immediately, but our situation is different.
Sure. I think he starts around game three. By then he'll have beaten out Fitz.

Sure. I think he starts around game three. By then he'll have beaten out Fitz.
I think that depends a lot on Flo's mindset.

To actually beat Fitz out, he would have to demonstrate his ability to quickly make the proper pre/post snap reads better than a 15 yr vet. That's a lot to ask of any rookie.

A lot of variables here, such as OL play, is Fitz moving the ball and scoring, etc.

I know many fans hava a "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" attitude, but I'm not sure that's Flo's mentality.

Personally I think a late season (depending on record) coming out is more likely.

I think that depends a lot on Flo's mindset.

To actually beat Fitz out, he would have to demonstrate his ability to quickly make the proper pre/post snap reads better than a 15 yr vet. That's a lot to ask of any rookie.

A lot of variables here, such as OL play, is Fitz moving the ball and scoring, etc.

I know many fans hava a "damn the torpedos, full speed ahead" attitude, but I'm not sure that's Flo's mentality.

Personally I think a late season (depending on record) coming out is more likely.
What mind set..Fitzpatrick pls..if he is ready let Tua play.

unless tua lights it up immediately in TC im pretty confident Fitz is the starter for at least the first couple of weeks....it also still has to be seen how healthy the hip really is, i know weve heard great news about the recovery but lets see how hes feeling after some real work out on the field and see how hes moving around...it hasnt been a regular offseason so it would make sense to give tua a few extra weeks

with that being said, we know what you get with fitz, theres a reason he has started for 8 teams in the league, but theres also a reason why its been 8 teams...if tua is healthy 100% and looks comfortable running the offense i see no reason to have fitz in there after week 3

There is nothing wrong with waiting for your shot, as you learn from the sidelines, as Rodgers, Brady, Jackson, or Mahomes did.

Waiting for the line to learn to work as one unit, and show some consistency (Especially with probably 2 Rookies starting) is not a bad thing to have a Vet like Fitz back there early.

On the other hand, If Tua comes out, looking heads and shoulders better then everyone else...the coaching staff is going to have a very hard time keeping him from the Field.

Tua might not even play much this year which is fine with me. No OTA's or mini camps are going to hurt all rookie but specially rookie QB's. Let the kid heal and learn and play him when he's ready.

To me when he starts is also in large part of function of the offense of line coming together.

It no point. If dolphins want play around w Fitzpatrick.. all they doing wasting time.
Bro, you said he should play when he's "ready". What if he isn't, in Flo's opinion?

Are you one of these guys that just dismiss that possibility?

Bro, you said he should play when he's "ready". What if he isn't, in Flo's opinion?

Are you one of these guys that just dismiss that possibility?
thier is no right or wrong way. You can play him now, sometime during season or u can sit him for yr...either way he going be started soon...Tua is draft to high sit bench. We all know Fitzpatrick is not answer..

thier is no right or wrong. You can play him now or u can sit him for yr...either way he going be started soon...Tua is draft to high sit bench. We all know Fitzpatrick is not answer..
You have made contradictory statements, so I'm not really sure where you stand.

Nobody on this entire board thinks Fitz is "the answer" for the future. I don't know why that would even be a debatable point.

The kid hasn't even taken part in one team practice. No one, including the coaches, know for sure at this point, what the time frame for Tua to play will be.

There is nothing wrong with waiting for your shot, as you learn from the sidelines, as Rodgers, Brady, Jackson, or Mahomes did.

Waiting for the line to learn to work as one unit, and show some consistency (Especially with probably 2 Rookies starting) is not a bad thing to have a Vet like Fitz back there early.

On the other hand, If Tua comes out, looking heads and shoulders better then everyone else...the coaching staff is going to have a very hard time keeping him from the Field.

Rodgers sat behind a hall of fame qb at the end of his career, mahomes sat behind alex smith on a playoff caliber team, brady was a 6th round pick who probably wouldnt have seen the field if bledsoe didnt get hit in the chest...lamar jackson entering the draft there was talk about him switching positions questioning his ability to play qb and flacco was being paid a ton of money and was their guy for 10 years and they were always "in the hunt" moreso for their defense than offense but still...

while i understand what youre saying these are all different situations from where were at...were a team who has a 37 year old journeyman qb, who i like btw dont get me wrong, and have been mired in mediocrity for 20 years, we have a young team in an admitted rebuild, wouldnt you want the centerpiece of said rebuild to build chemistry and get some experience?

in all honesty tho if hes deemed not good to go im actually ok with it, im really just giving my opinion on the situation were in at this point but ive waited long enough i can definitely ride out another season if i have to but i was reading something a month or so ago where they had a couple gms talking about the sitting and learning and they said they used to believe that method was sound but theyve changed their mind after seeing players make immediate impacts even if they have growing pains and struggles early, you basically learn nothing holding a clipboard, you learn by playing...

in tuas case his best attributes is his pocket presence and ability to read defenses, ive seen those things referred to as elite in some places...so i think it all depends on how quick he acclimates to that south florida weather, his health/strength/conditioning and his ability to grasp the playbook in a limited/shortened/no preseason games irregular offseason...

like i said tho, i think fitz starts the season but it wont be long before tuas under center...we know fitz can be careless and if hes not flawless there will be daily pressure from fans, the media and front office people (ross?) about tuas debut...we will see him at some point this year, hes already the face of the franchise

Back
Top Bottom