Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 15 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

Josh Allen came through in the biggest moment on the biggest stage against mahomes in spectacular fashion. It was honestly one of the greatest playoff performances I've ever seen. The dude came back 3x including twice in the final two minutes against mahomes in Arrowhead. It was nuts

But at the same time he's only done that once. Now to be fair you maybe only get 4-6-8 opportunities like that in a career( maybe) but Allen as great as he is, and make no mistake he's a first ballot hof QB, he hasn't come through when it truly counted yet.

Josh Allen still may always be the favre of this era and unfortunately for him it's incredible to watch but his super bowl opportunities might be more limited than guys like burrow, love and mahomes because of his gunslinger identity. It's just not as conducive to winning super bowls.

There's a reason guys like Montana and Brady won more championships than favre or Staubach.

This is why I keep telling ppl to let things play out with McDaniel and Tua because Tuas style is more applicable to winning the biggest games.
He has a lot of turnovers in the regular season, when you look at his performance in the post season he has been the total opposite, just facts. The game you reference is correct but he has been outstanding in other games in the post season. One where the Bills scored TD's on 100% of their drives vs the Pat....literally they gained every yard possible, every drive resulted in a TD...no punts, no turnovers, no turnovers on downs. The game last year he was great too, but the kicker missed the kick to tie it. What evidence do we have Tua can win in big games? Maybe it's true but the evidence does not say that.

I went out of my way to point out that that "Tua played a "part" in it," and yet, you still read "I blame Tua for everything". I have to wonder if you Tuanon guys are actually Dolphin fans.
Only certain posters and Florio use this crap reference.

No surprise you would.

He has a lot of turnovers in the regular season, when you look at his performance in the post season he has been the total opposite, just facts. The game you reference is correct but he has been outstanding in other games in the post season. One where the Bills scored TD's on 100% of their drives vs the Pat....literally they gained every yard possible, every drive resulted in a TD...no punts, no turnovers, no turnovers on downs. The game last year he was great too, but the kicker missed the kick to tie it. What evidence do we have Tua can win in big games? Maybe it's true but the evidence does not say that.
Exactly. Tua has proven zippo. He has crashed and burned in just about every big game. Period. If they pay him the big bucks he'd better mature and become the leader this team has been starving for over the years. No more excuses.

It's already been stated. Tua doesn't have Allen's resume. But he has had numerous games where he was a big part of them winning. The game vs Detroit for example. The ravens game. I thought Tua was really good in Buffalo in 22, although they lost.

The evidence is and data is available that points to someone who with McDaniel could rationally assume a Payton/ Brees like career or close to it...

Unrelated news, but Jalen Brunson of the NY Knicks is considering leaving 100mil on the table so the team can have more cap space to acquire better talent around him and build a perennial championship contender. I sure wish Tua would consider doing something like this (I know, he's not the only guilty one in the league). Dude can't be cool with 45mil a year over 5? Not enough?! He's proven he can have great games in the regular season against good competition, but what about against the top defenses and in critical games....this is what I hate about modern QBs, they want top dollar before they accomplish anything of significance. I'm all for resigning Tua, but just wish he would accept a contract that doesn't reset the market.

Unrelated news, but Jalen Brunson of the NY Knicks is considering leaving 100mil on the table so the team can have more cap space to acquire better talent around him and build a perennial championship contender. I sure wish Tua would consider doing something like this (I know, he's not the only guilty one in the league). Dude can't be cool with 45mil a year over 5? Not enough?! He's proven he can have great games in the regular season against good competition, but what about against the top defenses and in critical games....this is what I hate about modern QBs, they want top dollar before they accomplish anything of significance. I'm all for resigning Tua, but just wish he would accept a contract that doesn't reset the market.

Do you know what Miami's rejected offer was?

Hard to disagree.

Tua has a lot to prove, unfortunately he is on an accelerated timeline due to recovering from the hip injury and the Flores mess. He lost 2 years of solid QB development.

The Fins knew about the injury going in, so they shouldnt play dumb there, but we are essentially evaluating him on the last 2 years of performance rather than 4, so I see where people struggle.

I believe Tua can do it, I believe he can continue to make strides. He needs to get out of his own head at times (A better oline would help here) and I want to see him better throwing the ball outside the numbers.

The key wins will come with more maturity at the position.

Fair point, I do not, but if I had to guess I'd say it was at or above 50mil per year
Maybe, but as I've been saying the per year is meaningless. They could offer 60m, but if it's only 50m guaranteed, it's a non starter.

Back
Top Bottom