Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Rejects Dolphins 1st Offer

It's also worth noting that only Miami and Buffalo have legitimate long term sustainable QBs right now in the division. That by definition means you're already basically in the dance every single year.

Not only that, but the massive downside of letting go of a legit QB in the afc is extremely dangerous as the afc is already top heavy and would be impossible to challenge if we go into the QB wilderness again. I'm sorry but getting to the playoffs every year with a QB pushing for 5000 yards sounds a million times better than running the wildcat on offense again.

It's also worth noting that only Miami and Buffalo have legitimate long term sustainable QBs right now in the division. That by definition means you're already basically in the dance every single year.

Not only that, but the massive downside of letting go of a legit QB in the afc is extremely dangerous as the afc is already top heavy and would be impossible to challenge if we go into the QB wilderness again. I'm sorry but getting to the playoffs every year with a QB pushing for 5000 yards sounds a million times better than running the wildcat on offense again.

Bottoms Up Cheers GIF by CBS

That he is, in fact, human & fallible.

I know. It seems like a , "Duh" situation.

But some of you out there that have fellated this young, mythical prince in your dreams... now you know- he's jus a dude... like you. He just throws A LOT better.
Yeah I think you're projecting a bit. But hey, you sure told us....I guess.

This is what I know.

Tua is by a good margin the best QB we've had since the great one

Tua has the second highest passer rating in the NFL the past two years

Tua has a winning record each year

Tua seems to finally be healthy and past his injury history

Tua led the NFL in passing yards last year

Tua imo hasn't hit his ceiling yet

Tua in combination with a excellent offensive mind in McDaniel seems like a rational bet going forward for the next 4 years

I like competing in the playoffs each year and challenging Buffalo for the division. That's are floor right now with insane injuries down the stretch. I think it's really really dumb to mess with that. And will more than likely set the franchise back years. We finally have continuity and an actual gm,coach and QB in lockstep and a real program developing. I don't want to mess with that. Give him a 4 years extension and let's move on
The team is working on that but luckily some adults are in the room and not just saying we love you Tua, here's all the money you want, but are looking after the team's interests too. A deal will get done but it will ultimately come with compromise on both sides as both sides have leverage and both sides are incented to get a deal done, but not "at all costs" get a deal done.

No they did not give up a lot of garbage time points except for the titans game in which they caused us to lose the game.

If you want to talk about inflated numbers look no further then your sacks stat.

28 of those sacks in 5 games to the jets x2, panthers, pats and giants. All 4 with bottom 10 olines including jets and pats at 32 and 30th and all 4 teams are bottom 4 offenses in the league.
Still don't think we were bottom 10. Being bad is subjective.

On the Titans game we were dog**** on defense, I have to concede that one.

Yeah I think you're projecting a bit. But hey, you sure told us....I guess.

If by projecting you mean that I'm pissed that once again we have a QB wherein we're not certain what we have & we HAVE to pay said unknown yet again & my misery would like some company.

1716325276418.gif

The team is working on that but luckily some adults are in the room and not just saying we love you Tua, here's all the money you want, but are looking after the team's interests too. A deal will get done but it will ultimately come with compromise on both sides as both sides have leverage and both sides are incented to get a deal done, but not "at all costs" get a deal done.
That's fine. But I'm not personally concerned about 50 million or 60 million and that ten million dollar difference keeping us from losing all relevancy and like I said running the wildcat on offense again.

We have a great opportunity going forward for the next ten years. I'm going to enjoy it watching Tua throw for 4000 plus every year and hopefully get a super bowl. That's what I care about. Not should Tua get 50 million or 55 million per

If by projecting you mean that I'm pissed that once again we have a QB wherein we're not certain what we have & we HAVE to pay said unknown yet again & my misery would like some company.

View attachment 170993
No by projecting, I mean you're straw-manning everyone that disagrees with you and claiming we think they're prince's and weird ****.
It would be akin to me claiming you think Tua is the worst QB on the planet.

I'm just mature enough not to argue against things you're not saying.

Last edited:
I did watch the games and Tua was a big reason they lost those games. He wasn't the only reason but to say he played fine in those games just isn't true. Maybe the biggest problem with this offense is it's either boom or bust. They need to find a middle ground where they can play better against the good teams. McDaniel has to do a better job with his playcalling in those games as well.
I think a fair point here and what often gets lost in the debate. One side says we were 1-6 against winning teams, Tua and Co. didn't get it done in the big games. This is true. Other side says Tyreek and Co. dropped multiple passes that would have been big plays and could have changed that 1-6 record. Also true.

At some point though drops are going to happen, fumbles happen. Tua and this offense, McD included, need to figure out how to sustain longer drives and score when the bomb isn't there, when the bomb is dropped, or when heaven forbid, we just need a couple first downs to run down the clock. The defense doesn't get the chance to choke away the Titan's game if our offense could have held on to the ball and run the clock.

I'm certainly not the first saying this but the offense needs to get to another level that still has the big play ability we've recently enjoyed but also adds a consistent ability to methodically wear down defenses with the short check down game when the deep ball isn't there or just to burn clock. We were pretty inept at that this past year for some reason which doesn't make much sense given the speed at WR and in the backfield. Now we have another speedy back, a weapon at TE, OBJ and some rookie receivers added. It will really not make sense if we continue to be boom or bust on offense.

Brady could 4 and 5 yard you to death and then pop a big play here and there but do that all game almost every game with a very high % of scoring drives. Tua needs to get to something at least remotely similar. We scored 7-20 or so points in virtually every big game and that's with a couple big plays in each of those big games. That just screams inept at small ball methodical scoring drives. McD and others may deserve some of the blame to date but Tua is the QB, he is supposed to be Mr. Accurate. There were plays to be made underneath to keep drives alive and he didn't often do it, 4-6 yard control the ball and move the chains plays need to become a strength not a mysteriously missing component to his and our game.

I think a fair point here and what often gets lost in the debate. One side says we were 1-6 against winning teams, Tua and Co. didn't get it done in the big games. This is true. Other side says Tyreek and Co. dropped multiple passes that would have been big plays and could have changed that 1-6 record. Also true.

At some point though drops are going to happen, fumbles happen. Tua and this offense, McD included, need to figure out how to sustain longer drives and score when the bomb isn't there, when the bomb is dropped, or when heaven forbid, we just need a couple first downs to run down the clock. The defense doesn't get the chance to choke away the Titan's game if our offense could have held on to the ball and run the clock.

I'm certainly not the first saying this but the offense needs to get to another level that still has the big play ability we've recently enjoyed but also adds a consistent ability to methodically wear down defenses with the short check down game when the deep ball isn't there or just to burn clock. We were pretty inept at that this past year for some reason which doesn't make much sense given the speed at WR and in the backfield. Now we have another speedy back, a weapon at TE, OBJ and some rookie receivers added. It will really not make sense if we continue to be boom or bust on offense.

Brady could 4 and 5 yard you to death and then pop a big play here and there but do that all game almost every game with a very high % of scoring drives. Tua needs to get to something at least remotely similar. We scored 7-20 or so points in virtually every big game and that's with a couple big plays in each of those big games. That just screams inept at small ball methodical scoring drives. McD and others may deserve some of the blame to date but Tua is the QB, he is supposed to be Mr. Accurate. There were plays to be made underneath to keep drives alive and he didn't often do it, 4-6 yard control the ball and move the chains plays need to become a strength not a mysteriously missing component to his and our game.

I think Jonnu Smith and Jaylen Wright were brought here to address this exact concern. We just didn't have the correct weapons for small-ball.

Still don't think we were bottom 10. Being bad is subjective.

On the Titans game we were dog**** on defense, I have to concede that one.
I agree. The defense was keeping us in games late including even vs Buffalo and KC.

Tua pissed me off in those two games but I'm also not going to let that blind me to everything he's accomplished especially with a set back in weird coaching change

That's fine. But I'm not personally concerned about 50 million or 60 million and that ten million dollar difference keeping us from losing all relevancy and like I said running the wildcat on offense again.

We have a great opportunity going forward for the next ten years. I'm going to enjoy it watching Tua throw for 4000 plus every year and hopefully get a super bowl. That's what I care about. Not should Tua get 50 million or 55 million per
The numbers and structure matter though in hopefully getting that Super Bowl. Nothing abnormal is going on here, its a typical negotiation and these deals typically are signed late summer. Tua is under contract for 2024 right now already. There is no real reason to freak out and roll over on $$ or other demands right away, the team is just being prudent in trying to safe guard its interests while at the same time eventually locking up Tua long term for the competitive run we are all hoping to see for many years.

I think Jonnu Smith and Jaylen Wright were brought here to address this exact concern. We just didn't have the correct weapons for small-ball.
Agree and can't wait to see the new offense methodically pick teams apart in multiple ways. Pick your poison defenses and we'll just wallop you a different way. They shouldn't be able to take away everything.

Back
Top Bottom