Tua Tagovailoa highlights vs. Jacksonville | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa highlights vs. Jacksonville

How many games did Mahomes play his rookie year just one week 17 and that was so KC could rest Alex smith for the playoffs. I like the let him sit and learn approach so he can learn the system and make sure his hip is healed up before playing. I'm hoping Tua doesn't play at all this year.

exactly! There have been a lot of QBs to sit. Look at how long Aaron Rogers was on the sideline. I think that we will see Tua at some point this year.

Justin Herbert 94.7 career passer rating and Tua can't even get off the bench. Didn't even complete a single pass in preseason!!! Bust city.

Was thinking of this exact image. Seriously.....
tenor.gif

He had freaking Brett Favre in front of him

A QB way worse than Fitzpatrick as he posted ratings of 70 and 72 in Aaron's first two years there. He pulled out a good final year in GB though.

(I kid, a little bit. But Brett Favre could really, really suck at times.)

exactly! There have been a lot of QBs to sit. Look at how long Aaron Rogers was on the sideline. I think that we will see Tua at some point this year.
I do think it benifits the majority of QBs to sit initially. How long, is amother question entirely, and depends on the individual, as well as the situation.

That being said, I think the Rodgers/Favre is a ludicrous comparison, as an example.

Favre was a sure HOFer FFS, with a near fanatical following, and had heroic status among GB faithful.

That is certainly not the situation here. Had the Packers been trotting out a JAG for the prior 2 years, do you think Rodgers sits that long.

Apples and mangos.........

A QB way worse than Fitzpatrick as he posted ratings of 70 and 72 in Aaron's first two years there. He pulled out a good final year in GB though.

No, you kid a lot.

11 pro bowls, 3 all pro selections, almost unbeatable at home for most of his career in GB, credited with 28 comebacks, 43 game winning drives.

I could go on, but you get the point. He was a gunslinger, that took risks, but he certainly wasn't just another guy.

Many of his picks were also the result of an often pathetic D, putting him in situations where being conservative was not an option (not that he would have been anyway).

It wasnt until Reggie White came along that he had much help on that side of the ball.

I was like what? Maybe the jets tail end version was worse than ole fitzy. The washed up one lol

I'm sorry..but considering our fanbase it's hard to say you were being sarcastic here.
I spent all season/offseason ripping Rosen and hyping Tua so I figured people would consider the source on that one. I guess I didn't hype him hard enough. Where's that Tua Superthread?!

I spent all season/offseason ripping Rosen and hyping Tua so I figured people would consider the source on that one. I guess I didn't hype him hard enough. Where's that Tua Superthread?!
Why? You looking to get the circle jerk started again?

Just playin......lol

He's got some killa eyes, looks like he's champing at the bit to play rather than sit. That being said, with his injury and Fitz playing like Brady last game no way they let him in yet. Happy to see our future angst to get in and watch and learn a bit. His time is soon and I personally can't wait to see those eyes stare down the D

No, you kid a lot.

11 pro bowls, 3 all pro selections, almost unbeatable at home for most of his career in GB, credited with 28 comebacks, 43 game winning drives.

I could go on, but you get the point. He was a gunslinger, that took risks, but he certainly wasn't just another guy.

Many of his picks were also the result of an often pathetic D, putting him in situations where being conservative was not an option (not that he would have been anyway).

It wasnt until Reggie White came along that he had much help on that side of the ball.

Brett Favre was a great QB in his prime and even after his prime he had some sustained bursts of greatness. That's why he's in the hall of fame. And his personality stood out among the rest as well. There's no doubt why he was a hall of famer.

He was also pretty reckless and while people seem to always thing saying "he's a gunslinger" somehow excuses his mistakes, he threw interceptions at a higher rate than any other high level HOF QB, at least in the modern era. He won one championship throughout his career; he also ended more than one playoff run with completely atrocious interceptions.

I'm not gonna spend too much time debating Brett Favre. He's a HOF QB for a reason. He also threw almost 60 interceptions more than anyone else in history for a reason.

LMAO. Got to admit it is funny. The chargers (lower case on purpose) did not want to start Herbert this year either. They wanted him to learn behind Taylor, until some Dr went stabby on his arse errr lung. Pissing off the cult is so much fun!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom