Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

What on earth !!

So he was "sub standard" ? To what standard was he sub to ?

He went 6 and 3 as a rookie with no pre-season off the back of major surgery, with standout performances against the Cards, Bengals, Chargers and Pats. If that's "sub standard" give me sub standard every day of the week !

How about sub standard to a backup QB in Fitz who is 38 and has played for EIGHT teams in his career? Fitz beats out Tua in nearly every single category that matters this past season. If that's the standard that you're willing to accept then you must have been happy with the Dolphin's performance over the past two decades, I know I sure haven't been. It is unlikely we'll ever even make the playoffs if Tua doesn't play better. I'm not saying Tua can't get better but he really does need to play a lot better and faster..

View attachment 67333

ESPN Dolphin Team Stats

How about sub standard to a backup QB in Fitz who is 38 and has played for EIGHT teams in his career? Fitz beats out Tua in nearly every single category that matters this past season. If that's the standard that you're willing to accept then you must have been happy with the Dolphin's performance over the past two decades, I know I sure haven't been. It is unlikely we'll ever even make the playoffs if Tua doesn't play better. I'm not saying Tua can't get better but he really does need to play a lot better and faster..

View attachment 67333

ESPN Dolphin Team Stats

In who's mind ? What Tua did against the Cards was better than anything Fitz did all season. Fitz is also a 15 year vet, who had played a number of years with the OC we hired, took all the first team snaps in camp and well into the season. Yet looked terrible against the Pats and then the Bills, literally threw the game away against the hawks, only starting to play to a respectable level when we came up against the worst two teams in the league and an injury ravaged SF team. It's like you didn't watch the season play out and just looked at box scores.

I will say this again, even though it should be obvious, Tua was a rookie. If you are expecting a rookie to just immediately play to a level that was beyond a 15 year vet , then you have ridiculous expectations. But you know what he did play to that level and beyond at times.

In who's mind ? What Tua did against the Cards was better than anything Fitz did all season. Fitz is also a 15 year vet, who had played a number of years with the OC we hired, took all the first team snaps in camp and well into the season. Yet looked terrible against the Pats and then the Bills, literally threw the game away against the hawks, only starting to play to a respectable level when we came up against the worst two teams in the league and an injury ravaged SF team. It's like you didn't watch the season play out and just looked at box scores.

I will say this again, even though it should be obvious, Tua was a rookie. If you are expecting a rookie to just immediately play to a level that was beyond a 15 year vet , then you have ridiculous expectations. But you know what he did play to that level and beyond at times.
So by your own admission you agree that he played sub standard football compared to the 2nd string quarterback on his team and then you give a few excuses as to why that's ok like Fitz is a 15 year vet.Sure...

The stats don't lie, Completion %, AVG Yds per throw, yds per game, TDs, Sacks taken and Passer Rating all heavily favored Fitz. Tua has a long way to go....

6FD74553-72E2-4FCC-839E-513C33863A85.jpeg6904AF64-34D0-42E1-876D-3E6147B4A019.jpeg
A couple photos showing how Tua’s has changed his body from last offseason to this one. People who don’t think this kid is going to come out firing on all cylinders this season are lost.

So by your own admission you agree that he played sub standard football compared to the 2nd string quarterback on his team and then you give a few excuses as to why that's ok like Fitz is a 15 year vet.Sure...

The stats don't lie, Completion %, AVG Yds per throw, yds per game, TDs, Sacks taken and Passer Rating all heavily favored Fitz. Tua has a long way to go....

Did you read what I just said. Obviously not.

Here's a stat for you, Fitz won 4 games, 2 against the jets, one against the Jags and the other against a SF team that played 3 QBs and was ravaged through injury.

Did you read what I just said. Obviously not.

Here's a stat for you, Fitz won 4 games, 2 against the jets, one against the Jags and the other against a SF team that played 3 QBs and was ravaged through injury.
Did you look at the stats I posted? They don't support your statements...

Did you look at the stats I posted? They don't support your statements...

The only stat I really care about and so should you s wins and Tua's resume last year was way stronger than your boy. Stats are meaningless without context.

The only stat I really care about and so should you s wins and Tua's resume last year was way stronger than your boy. Stats are meaningless without context.
Yeah thats why he was benched....twice...He was in over his head. That's a pretty important stat too.

After his 9 nfl games, if there was a redraft he would be a 3rd rounder.

Dr Dre Reaction GIF

I'm as critical of Tua as you will probably find on this board and I don't know I would say he's a 3rd rounder..........................................................but I could be convinced if presented with some actual factuals.

Some are 'instant results' people,' some fancy themselves HOF evaluators and made their final analysis after 9 games, some didn't want him to begin with, some seem to be in denial a QB's play can be influenced by the players around him. TBF, some of them are consistent. Hunt, Jackson, Kindley, NI, and a few others have proven to need replacement after a whole season.
Its actually alot more simple than that... Guys who wanted the Fins to pick Tua are patient and still believe in his future(some go overboard), guys who didnt want the Fins to pick Tua are more critical of him(some go over board and already want to replace him). This pretty much has nothing to do with Tua's performance, its about ego's and people itching to get the "I told you so"s out as early as possible.

Watched the Cards game in condensed form during my morning workout this morning. My god that was a hell of an outing for a kid in his 2nd NFL start. It wasn't just what Tua did, that drive BTW for the Hollins TD was nothing short of brilliance from #1:

The Oline play in this game from Miami was atrocious, the amount of time Tua had on practically every play was ridiculously small, they constantly gave up pressure.
Jordan Howard was the lead RB and doing kind of what he did all of his Miami career, which was nothing, outside one importnat 9 yard run which helped ice the game. It was painful to watch his lack of explosion.
Williams who was playing well before going down, then Grant goes down, Parker and Gesicki doing there best job of keeping defenders close to them.
The D who apparently won Tua all his games last year, outside of the first drive where Lawson got the scoop and score and the late 4th and one where Roberts stands up the RB, were all over the place, couldn't handle Murray who ran for 100 plus, 3 TDs and put up 31 points. Howard giving up 4 PI's, on reflection most of them were warranted.
Tua didn't throw his first back to back incompletions until the 2nd last drive of the game where we took the lead through a Sanders FG.

It was an outstanding performance by any QB let alone a rookie in his 2nd start. So if you ever make the mistake and drop into the Watson thread, the place people's dreams go to die, pop on the Cards game and re-affirm why it makes sense to see how things play out with this young QB.

Yeah thats why he was benched....twice...He was in over his head. That's a pretty important stat too.
Technically both got benched 3 times if you want to go down that ridiculously pointless line of logic.

Back
Top Bottom