Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

I get the disrespect that Tua is getting. Burrow, Herbert and even Hurts flashed more even though Hurts had a much smaller sample size, he gave life to the Eagles terrible offense. We had to revert to Fitz on more than one occasion to get our offense rolling. And really all those other rookie QBs seemed to be carrying their offenses while Tua was (for the most part) just managing the offense.

Hopefully with a full off season Tua can be the guy we hoped he would be.

What if Herbert has a ****ty season ?
Whats your point?

Then I would say so far he has not showed me he deserves his pick position, and I will say his future is a question mark. May be Herbert can grow, but who knows.

Tua Tagovailoa got bit of respect today. NASCAR race in Homestead, Florida and they chose him to signal start of race with start your engine command. Not football related but smart of the young man to keep all of the doors of opportunity opened. And the fact that the media likes him can never be a bad thing with the way refs call games in the NFL.

"Miami’s franchise quarterback Tua Tagovailoa will be the grand marshal for today’s Dixie Vodka 400 race at the Homestead-Miami speedway."

TUA will prove doubters wrong. The dolphins organization is walking a slippery slope with TUA and the trade rumors. TUA faced so much adversity last year and he still had a successful season with rookies surrounding him and a rehab offseason. He will prove significantly in his second year. Get some playmakers and better OL upfront specifically a center and Faster good route running WRs.

TUA will prove doubters wrong. The dolphins organization is walking a slippery slope with TUA and the trade rumors. TUA faced so much adversity last year and he still had a successful season with rookies surrounding him and a rehab offseason. He will prove significantly in his second year. Get some playmakers and better OL upfront specifically a center and Faster good route running WRs.
Let's hope his investment was worth it.

EVERY qb will get better with better OL and better WR. That is not the question. The question you should ask is, will Tua be as good as Watson in two years?

Don't think even Flo knows the answer to that. But somehow many us keyboard warriors here seems to know for sure.

I’m not saying he can’t be good... But the chances of him becoming good seems less than optimal.

I was downright shocked at how he looked in Week 17 in Buffalo.

I would do whatever it took to get Watson, if i’m Miami. Mainly because you already *KNOW* that he is good.

if tua has that burning competitive fire ala brady, he'll use the media hate as fuel to work really hard on his craft. it's not a bad thing honestly. i don't like being media darlings, let the hate flow until we actually win the chip

Said this before but comparisons between Tua and Josh Allen as rookies is totally bogus. Allen was widely viewed as a “raw” talent lacking refinement BUT with an immense upside based on his cannon arm, superior athletics and overall size / composition. The kid was the quintessential example of a “project” and not some legit NFL ready player. It was all about the kid’s potential. Very much boom or bust.

Tua on the other hand was advertised as a far more refined QB with more developed skills and accuracy – a player with the core capabilities to come to the NFL and be productive. He was never seen as a “project.” Beyond that no one was touting Tua based on his yet to be realized upside linked to his dominant athletics like Allen.

Come on BNF, you're better than this.

You also have to admit that even assuming he actually was NFL ready before the injury (and who knows how long he was going to need to adjust to the speed and sophistication of the pro game), the injury recovery, no pre-season, and a room full of very unimpressive "players" at the skill positions didn't make an already hard job significantly harder. Like it or not, Tua is a system QB, and he's never going to light the world up with highlight play after highlight play. Assuming who he was in college translates to the NFL, he's going to grind you down with precision and timing with few mistakes. Montana made a pretty good run that way, and if anything, the rules have evolved to be even more friendly to that kind of game.

Would it be better to have a QB that *IS* the system like Marino, of course. Unfortunately, they are truly generational (20+/- years or so, not just "wow, did you see that play on ESPN"). Not to mention, for some reason, all of those "obvious" truly physical marvels, for some reason keep slipping down the draft and past 20+ teams at a time. Maybe picking a good player isn't so obvious after all.

With Tua, while we shouldn't be happy about it, this is the first year we'll really get to see what he's about. A full year post recovery, a full off-season to be football ready, and hopefully some upgrades on the offensive side of the ball via new blood and growth from the existing players will, without excuses, show us what we drafted -- for better or worse.

Back
Top Bottom