Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

I seem to remember the media was pumped for Tua starting, articles all over ESPN, etc. but his play after the Arizona game was bleh and the excitement fizzled.

Nor sure the media questioning Tua is wrong at this point... He was supposed to be NFL ready with only questions about his health. Everyone knows that 6-3 record was due to the Dolphins‘ defense and Lady Luck with turnovers.

Burrow and Herbert are getting respect because they showed they can ball at the NFL level. Tua hasn’t gotten there yet and that’s why his coach gave him the bench of no confidence twice.
Whats funny is people dont think about it this way.. when the chargers got spanked by the patriots, dont you think Herbert couldve been benched after being 20-30 points down?? He probably stayed in that game because they didnt have a better answer with their backup and they felt he was their best option to win that game.. in which herbert did jack ****t. My point is, it was Our coaching staff that made that decision for Tua to sit, and thats what creates more hate on him. If they had left him in, even with a loss, it wouldve not look as bad for his resume. That word "benched" killed it for him totally

Whats funny is people dont think about it this way.. when the chargers got spanked by the patriots, dont you think Herbert couldve been benched after being 20-30 points down?? He probably stayed in that game because they didnt have a better answer with their backup and they felt he was their best option to win that game.. in which herbert did jack ****t. My point is, it was Our coaching staff that made that decision for Tua to sit, and thats what creates more hate on him. If they had left him in, even with a loss, it wouldve not look as bad for his resume. That word "benched" killed it for him totally
I don't think it was being benched that killed it for him, I think it was his performance. There ins't anyone that can say Tua looked good in that Denver game, he was like a deer in headlights with their defense. Six sacks and just 83 yards passing is pretty awful but Fitz almost pulled out a win with the exact same starters Tua had.

Tua didn't do much better against the Raiders with 3 sacks and just 94 yards but this time Fitz DID pull out a win with the exact same starters Tua had.

These two games and a couple others are the reason Tua is getting some bad press, while Simms made a ridiculous assessment of Tua there's no denying that Tua struggled in his first year and he will be the first one to admit that...

I don't think it was being benched that killed it for him, I think it was his performance. There ins't anyone that can say Tua looked good in that Denver game, he was like a deer in headlights with their defense. Six sacks and just 83 yards passing is pretty awful but Fitz almost pulled out a win with the exact same starters Tua had.

Tua didn't do much better against the Raiders with 3 sacks and just 94 yards but this time Fitz DID pull out a win with the exact same starters Tua had.

These two games and a couple others are the reason Tua is getting some bad press, while Simms made a ridiculous assessment of Tua there's no denying that Tua struggled in his first year and he will be the first one to admit that...
Do you think Herbert looked good in that game against the patriots? I agree being benched wasnt what killed it for him, but it totally made it worse, and the fact that he did get benched while the other rookie qbs didnt, totally set him apart from them.

Do you think Herbert looked good in that game against the patriots? I agree being benched wasnt what killed it for him, but it totally made it worse, and the fact that he did get benched while the other rookie qbs didnt, totally set him apart from them.
Naa Herbert looked like pretty bad that game.

I think what made it worse for Tua is that Fitz won 1 and almost won the other game after Tua was pulled. If Fitz didn't have those performances people would be more likely to say we just weren't the better team those days but since Fitz did what he did with the same players Tua had it made it worse for Tua.

Naa Herbert looked like pretty bad that game.

I think what made it worse for Tua is that Fitz won 1 and almost won the other game after Tua was pulled. If Fitz didn't have those performances people would be more likely to say we just weren't the better team those days but since Fitz did what he did with the same players Tua had it made it worse for Tua.
Exactly. Look at the scenario. Did the chargers have a backup like Fitz?? No ways!! One, Fitz is a veteran and had obviously been more on the same page with his receivers, he pretty darn well should look and play comfortable with those same guys. Two, coach thought at that time fitz could give them the best chance to win. Bottom line, they couldve left Tua in and there would be less to criticize.

Simms is an a$$hat, and his assertions are asenine.

That being said, I'm not sure what "respect" Tua actually deserves at this point.

I'm giving him the benifit of doubt, and believe sticking with him is the best course this season. Beyond that? We'll see.
He has an opinion, it doesn’t make him a bad person because his opinion doesn’t agree with some on this board.

I saw this coming and was hoping they’d draft the much more talented Herbert who didn’t have the injury issues.

Let’s be honest, Tua played with by far the best college program in football, loaded with talent around him...and yet, he never led Bama to a Championship wire-to-wire. He made a “Doug Williams” appearance in a championship game and did get the victory.

He then proceeded to get out classed by Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow the next two years.

I hope there is something there I’m not seeing, but I said it last draft day....they picked the wrong guy!

I seem to remember the media was pumped for Tua starting, articles all over ESPN, etc. but his play after the Arizona game was bleh and the excitement fizzled.

Nor sure the media questioning Tua is wrong at this point... He was supposed to be NFL ready with only questions about his health. Everyone knows that 6-3 record was due to the Dolphins‘ defense and Lady Luck with turnovers.

Burrow and Herbert are getting respect because they showed they can ball at the NFL level. Tua hasn’t gotten there yet and that’s why his coach gave him the bench of no confidence twice.
You are Right there is zero correlation between His health and ability to be NFL ready

The FO is thinking long game not short game - Fitz did not have the FOs confidence either or he would have been starting in the first

Says a lot that a less than 100% rookie took his job -

Why? Long game not short game thinking

Tua’s and Fitz situation is nothing like the other rookies

See it goes both ways

He has an opinion, it doesn’t make him a bad person because his opinion doesn’t agree with some on this board.

I saw this coming and was hoping they’d draft the much more talented Herbert who didn’t have the injury issues.

Let’s be honest, Tua played with by far the best college program in football, loaded with talent around him...and yet, he never led Bama to a Championship wire-to-wire. He made a “Doug Williams” appearance in a championship game and did get the victory.

He then proceeded to get out classed by Trevor Lawrence and Joe Burrow the next two years.

I hope there is something there I’m not seeing, but I said it last draft day....they picked the wrong guy!
I would have gone with Herbert as well, but my opinion of Simms goes way beyond this one specific opinion.

I have no idea if he is a "good" person, on a human level. I have almost no respect for his opinions on football, his abilities as analyst, or as a media personality.

Don't forget him getting pulled for an "injury" in the SEC title game. Many want to rip Simms for his assessment but Simms is a fine analyst. Someone's playing career has nothing to do with their ability to analyze talent in the NFL. Again, Tua will have his chance to prove people wrong. Thus far, his play was average at best and brutal at times. Where Herbert had one flop against New England, Tua continually flopped. You cannot just be a game manager, take poor sacks, and hope the defense bails you out. Burrow was leaps and bounds better when he got hurt. Let's hope for better this year.

Chris Simms is a b!tch. Thinks he's a tough guy and only got a chance at the NFL because of his last name. On top of that, anyone that buttons their polo shirt all the way up needs to instantly be beaten to deal with a tow chain.

Hate is too much of a strong word. But 'doubt' is appropriate. Nothing has proved he is a 'cant miss'. You believe he will flourish into a top flight qb and thats fine. But you cannot argue that Tua in his first half season he has not confirmed to the football world he will be a top tier qb.
Takes an off season to see a qb flourish. Good rookie seasons happen but they also don't happen.

Back
Top Bottom