Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

Bottom line is journeyman Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Tua last year and fans and the media did not expect that. Add the fact that Herbert was outstanding and showed Josh Allen type talent when Tua did not perform well was not well received either.
Tua simply has to play better- read defenses better, throw the ball with more velocity and get help from the organization with better WRs and a good RB.
Non biased fans should not rush to judge him just yet - lets hope for improvement. But I do think fans should temper their ceiling for Tua. He is not physically big in the pocket, nor that athletic to scramble and avoid defenders, and his arm strength is average. He is just not an elite talent but still can be a good QB.

Such a long post man. The reason a lot of us fans are upset is because most of everyone like you say told us how once in a lifetime talent this kid was. How he's the most ready nfl qb. How he will be the best of the best. But he wasn't. Then all the Tua fanboys started coming up with every excuse in the book for him. Meanwhile those same people talk about how garbage Fitz is and was but he comes out with the same team, players, situations and moves the ball with ease.

I cant speak for anyone else but I want him to be what they said he was, but I dont believe ish until I see it. Otherwise what's the point. I did see some good things from him that I liked but for the most part he hasn't proved ish... hopefully next year is a different story.
How NFL ready can someone truly be after coming off of that injury?

Bottom line is journeyman Fitzpatrick was a better QB than Tua last year and fans and the media did not expect that. Add the fact that Herbert was outstanding and showed Josh Allen type talent when Tua did not perform well was not well received either.
Tua simply has to play better- read defenses better, throw the ball with more velocity and get help from the organization with better WRs and a good RB.
Non biased fans should not rush to judge him just yet - lets hope for improvement. But I do think fans should temper their ceiling for Tua. He is not physically big in the pocket, nor that athletic to scramble and avoid defenders, and his arm strength is average. He is just not an elite talent but still can be a good QB.
Good thing he had that head start of a dislocated hip

Failed to mention that thought I would throw it in there

Try winning a game that gets your team into the playoffs. Then you'll get respect.

Ouch!
I'm in the other camp, I don't care a lick about having the right or wrong opinions. I just want to see our guys hoist a Lombardi...
Same here. I only want to be right if it helps the team. I don't need to be telling people to look at me cause I was right. It's sad really.

Tua has to go out and prove it. Once he does he will shut all the naysayers up.
1000% correct. Make those plays, throw those throws, win those games you couldn't last year. Naysayers won't mean a thing! Until then. Doubters gonna doubt!

So basically, you're mad because your expectations were 100% based on what other people told you and now you feel betrayed? Get the **** out of here with that non-sense!

You werent even here when the Fins drafted Tua, or were you?
I've been cruising this board since 2002. Where were you then huh? And I ain't mad at anything. I didnt believe any of what they were saying. And it so happens it played out the way it did

How NFL ready can someone truly be after coming off of that injury?
I'm not even sure man. I was good with sitting him the whole year. glad we didn't so we could get a glimpse of how he transitioned. But damn, now were damned if we do and damned if we don't pull the trigger on another qb. I definitely don't envy Grier and flo's job right now. Its literally a flip of a coin if this is going to work or not. Hopefully for once it will work in our favor

Tua was a Football God then he went to the Dolphin's. We're hated and it spills over to our players. All we have to do is win a Championship and it'll stop.

Most of that "hate" is from the Lemmings on this board.

They are "always right" with their picks; and if a pick has the audacity to not play like a pro-bowl selection in their 1st season, then it's the players fault, not the Lemmings irrational series of "highs" and "lows".

If I was suspicious of the coaching staff, I would say last year was all smoke & mirrors, just so we can blind side the NFL when Tua starts playing "lights out" this year.

Wait a minute, I'm beginning to sound like a lemming. It's getting dark ….

You can go back through my post history or even my tweets, I never preached that Tua was a once in a lifetime and was never a "Tua fanboy". I really did like Tua coming out of college, the injury stuff always did concern me. I am happy we drafted him though and i do think the skill is there for him to be a top 10 QB in the league.

I just find it curious how the narrative of him being the greatest changed to some now saying he is is worst. Is it because he is a big name player who was popular so people are naturally harsher? Is it because he is a Dolphin? Because for a rookie quarterback, he played pretty well.
All good man. I wasnt so much saying you said that, just the point that thats what most of everyone was saying. And you know how the media does it. They're quick to boost players to God status and just as quick to rip them down. Its sad actually. Whether you like the players or not. Its like 2pac said in "only God Can Judge Me" he said "the media is full of dirty tricks". They're are some big talking heads that aren't crusifying him so much though...

The kid was coming off major surgery, three rookies o-line man. No offseason. Injuries to the few playmakers he had and the guy still had us in the mix the final week of the season. He is adding muscle this offseason. Chan as his OC. I feel the fins are bringing in the guys to build around Tua.

Your first mistake was buying into the hype. Common sense, and historical perspective, says the odds of any QB becoming elite are pretty low.

You aren't wrong, but that isn't TT's fault, so what's the point in trashing him?

Many here will tell you, I preferred a more "prototypical" QB, but what purpose does the "I told you so" attitude serve? What's done is done.

I don't see anything wrong with being critical when warranted, but one extreme is just as bad as the other.

The good news is that he isn't mistake prone, and seems to be the type to work his tail off to be the best he can be.
Yeah I hear you. Like I said though, I didnt believe the hype at all personally. I was just answering why people were upset about Tua's performance and why people were mad.

Back
Top Bottom