Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tua Tagovailoa is getting zero respect and that’s wrong

I hope he continues to get no respect, as a matter of fact, I hope people keep saying he will ‘always be bad’

after limited sample size...

I hope he continues to get no respect, as a matter of fact, I hope people keep saying he will ‘always be bad’

after limited sample size...

Me too.

I want to rip him off on his second contract.

I can say unequivocally right now I am not interested in paying a top 3/4 QB contract unless someone is elite, first ballot elite.

I’d like to win a SB with a good QB and a GREAT team. And then I want to win a SB with a different QB on a rookie contract.

The following message is "In My Opinion" (IMO)

Tua has "proven" next to nothing in the NFL.

This ain't college no more. Injury is long gone.

Stop blaming the supporting cast. The lunar cycle etc.

No more excuses. No more mythic wannabe BS super hero hype.

Produce! Or get the fock out of town!

Have a nice day!

BNF

>>> JK. Kid probably needs another 3-5 seasons to get settled in along with 3 WRs who can separate by 5+ yards.

Add a dominate OL + run game (stud RB) and the kid might look pretty good!

I honestly don't understand the hate, disrespect and doubt that Tua has on him from the media, fans of other teams and Dolphins fans too.

For years all anyone ever said was how great of a quarterback prospect he was, how he was destined to be the #1 overall pick, how he would for sure be a star and that he was worth "tanking" for. While the Dolphins won't ever say they tanked 2019, and Flores and the team certainly played to win every game, the front office did strip the team enough that I am sure they thought they would be in contention for the top pick and Tua. After Miami won some games everyone was saying how the Dolphins blew their shot at Tua because now he would likely be going to the Bengals. Then Tua got seriously injured and the injury concerns started to grow, understandably, but that was the main reason he fell from being the consensus #1 overall pick right into the Dolphins lap at #5.

It seemed like if Tua could fully recover from the hip injury that people still believed everything that was said prior. He seems to be well on his way to a full recovery and the fact that he was healthy enough to play this last season and at a winning level was very impressive. He also spent all of last offseason rehabbing, not really training his body. This offseason he is back to being able to train and we are already starting to see some of the physical pay off in those photos he posted.

Everyone always seemed to say he had the "It" factor, now that he is with the Dolphins, people are coming out of the woodwork to say he doesn't, with some media people like that Chris Simms or Mike Lombardi saying he never had elite skills and will now be a NFL bust. Colin Cowherd, who changes his mind hourly on everything in the NFL, now claims that Tua does nothing special and doesn't see greatness.

Most people seem to think Tua was awful in 2020. Yet he was 6-3 as a starter, had 11 passing touchdowns and only 5 interceptions, plus another 3 rushing touchdowns in just 9 games. Tua also controlled that game against the Cardinals in a shootout and he was probably the main reason they won that contest. I could understand doubt if he threw more interceptions than touchdowns and looked really bad, but he didn't. His stats were better than Hurts, not all that much different than Burrow and obviously Herbert put up much better stats than anyone (granted his year was all about the stats, just wasn't able to win many games). His rookie year was also better than Josh Allen's rookie year and the media now loves him, but they also gave him three seasons. They only give Tua 9 games.

I actually saw a Twitter poll asking people to rank the top 4 quarterbacks of Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts of what they think their success will be in 2021 and there was a lot of combinations between the top 3 rankings, but ever single one had Tua at #4. Seriously?

I just don't understand how a lot of people thought he was the absolute greatest up until the Dolphins drafted him. Now he is awful and apparently was never good to begin with. I really don't understand the hate.

I get none of the rook QBs had a PS. But, none of them had a devastating hip injury. How much did that hurt him? No one knows, but I'm going to speculate with little evidence. Of the needs many of us think he has (e.g., reading Ds, quicker release, rehab), I don't think his focus on getting in great physical shape should be ignored. And, yes, fans can't see his time in the film room. Not saying he's ignoring everything else, but it appears a major focus is physical.
Beyond his control is weapons and an OC who lets him play to his strengths. Not an excuse - an observation. I think fans will see a much better TT in '21. No, he didn't play up to expectations, but, like it or not, some of 'respect' has a coorelation to the O as a whole

Takes an off season to see a qb flourish. Good rookie seasons happen but they also don't happen.
Not arguing that. It took J Allen a couple years. However I for one haven't seen anthing so far that I would say,' Oh Yea, he is a futures top five qb in the making'.

Last edited:
Tua was the only rookie quarterback that had his team in position in Week 17 to possibly make the playoffs
Lowering expections? More like "In spite of Tua, Fitzpatrick managed to have the team in a position in Week 17 to possibly make the playoffs. Then the coaching staff and Tua blew that incredible opportunity". Win that game and Tua'll get respect. Until then he is just another of a large number of Dolphins QBs over the last 20 years who couldn't win when it mattered the most.

Respect is earned.

Correct, but let's not confuse 'respect' with stats or exceptional play. It is possible TT has the "respect" of players/coaches who see what he's done and is doing, even if it doesn't (yet) show up in games. So, it's possible he has earned the respect of those who know him well, but not those who don't. I'm one of those who don't know him well and saw a good QB with flashes of VERY good. In '21 he needs to show the league what he has.

Said this before but comparisons between Tua and Josh Allen as rookies is totally bogus. Allen was widely viewed as a “raw” talent lacking refinement BUT with an immense upside based on his cannon arm, superior athletics and overall size / composition. The kid was the quintessential example of a “project” and not some legit NFL ready player. It was all about the kid’s potential. Very much boom or bust.

Tua on the other hand was advertised as a far more refined QB with more developed skills and accuracy – a player with the core capabilities to come to the NFL and be productive. He was never seen as a “project.” Beyond that no one was touting Tua based on his yet to be realized upside linked to his dominant athletics like Allen.

I honestly don't understand the hate, disrespect and doubt that Tua has on him from the media, fans of other teams and Dolphins fans too.

For years all anyone ever said was how great of a quarterback prospect he was, how he was destined to be the #1 overall pick, how he would for sure be a star and that he was worth "tanking" for. While the Dolphins won't ever say they tanked 2019, and Flores and the team certainly played to win every game, the front office did strip the team enough that I am sure they thought they would be in contention for the top pick and Tua. After Miami won some games everyone was saying how the Dolphins blew their shot at Tua because now he would likely be going to the Bengals. Then Tua got seriously injured and the injury concerns started to grow, understandably, but that was the main reason he fell from being the consensus #1 overall pick right into the Dolphins lap at #5.

It seemed like if Tua could fully recover from the hip injury that people still believed everything that was said prior. He seems to be well on his way to a full recovery and the fact that he was healthy enough to play this last season and at a winning level was very impressive. He also spent all of last offseason rehabbing, not really training his body. This offseason he is back to being able to train and we are already starting to see some of the physical pay off in those photos he posted.

Everyone always seemed to say he had the "It" factor, now that he is with the Dolphins, people are coming out of the woodwork to say he doesn't, with some media people like that Chris Simms or Mike Lombardi saying he never had elite skills and will now be a NFL bust. Colin Cowherd, who changes his mind hourly on everything in the NFL, now claims that Tua does nothing special and doesn't see greatness.

Most people seem to think Tua was awful in 2020. Yet he was 6-3 as a starter, had 11 passing touchdowns and only 5 interceptions, plus another 3 rushing touchdowns in just 9 games. Tua also controlled that game against the Cardinals in a shootout and he was probably the main reason they won that contest. I could understand doubt if he threw more interceptions than touchdowns and looked really bad, but he didn't. His stats were better than Hurts, not all that much different than Burrow and obviously Herbert put up much better stats than anyone (granted his year was all about the stats, just wasn't able to win many games). His rookie year was also better than Josh Allen's rookie year and the media now loves him, but they also gave him three seasons. They only give Tua 9 games.

I actually saw a Twitter poll asking people to rank the top 4 quarterbacks of Burrow, Tua, Herbert and Hurts of what they think their success will be in 2021 and there was a lot of combinations between the top 3 rankings, but ever single one had Tua at #4. Seriously?

I just don't understand how a lot of people thought he was the absolute greatest up until the Dolphins drafted him. Now he is awful and apparently was never good to begin with. I really don't understand the hate.
Absolutely. Great post. One of the best I’ve read on here in a long time.

Don’t frame this as people saying “Tua sucks and he’ll never be good.” People saying that should be, and are, easily dismissed.

This is about Dolphins fans, drunk on Kool Aid, demanding that the rest of the world see things through their own aqua-tinted glasses. Tua doesn’t suck, but he hasn’t proven a thing, and doesn’t deserve any respect except that to which he’s entitled as a man, and evidently, a high character one.

And the argument that he deserves props
for having his team in playoff contention is a) fallacious since this is a team game; and b) can only be made by someone who fell into a coma, or a rift in the space-time continuum, shortly after the kickoff of the Raiders’ game. The rest of us saw how the movie ended.

The GOAT, Brady wanted to leave the team he had the most success with b/c the surrounding talent didn't have it. Are those excuses?

The GOAT, Brady wanted to leave the team he had the most success with b/c the surrounding talent didn't have it. Are those excuses?
Yeah, let's compare TT to, arguably, the top QB of all time, a sure first ballot HOF, and winner of more championships than anyone in history.

Let's do that.......

brilliant-guinness-chan-akairiot-know-your-meme-53288328.png

Actually. the reason Brady left for Tampa is because he wanted to do what Peyton did, win a Super Bowl with a second team. They just wrote an article about that:

Peyton Vs Tom

Back
Top Bottom